• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Duos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Duos

• Sora/Riku

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Riku/Mickey

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Kairi/Lea

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Axel/Saix

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Sora/Kairi

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Aqua/Mickey

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Axel/Roxas

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Roxas/Xion

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Xehanort/Eraqus

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In response to the favorite trio thread and Clue.Less suggestion I decided to a thread based on best Kingdom Hearts Duos. Whether it be romantic or strong friendship which is your favorite duo and why. Multiple votes are allowed. And feel free to to talk about you favorite duo even if it isn't in the poll

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
See this is actually harder then trios. Because a lot of these are really good and hard to pick.

Sora/Riku: Probably the best one? Like this is near perfect best friend stuff. Because they are the two most important characters, we really get to see their friendship and how deep it is in almost every game. Hard to top this one.

Riku/Mickey: Another outstanding one. I've always loved Mickey as Riku's Disney companion/sidekick.

Kairi/Lea: It was decent until the end, when Lea didn't care about her death.

Axel/Saix: Does being adversaries count as a duo? If so I'd rank them high. As friends I feel like I just started seeing the good side.

Sora/Kairi: Really cute. I think they are a good duo actually. They are very special to one another, as they have their crushes which I won't deny is adorable. ReMinds me when I was a kid and had a crush.

Aqua/Mickey: I never got that strong of a vibe from them. But maybe I need to see 0.2 again.

Axel/Roxas: I love it now only because of Days, not because of the one sided mess that was their KH2 relationship. Once they added the mentor relationship and gave me a reason to like them I was sold.

Roxas/Xion: This is my favorite boy/girl friendship that has nothing to do with shipping. Probably my favorite one on one Roxas friendship. My boi even had a entire memory shrine of her in ReMind, lol. And I love how they play off each other in Disney worlds.

Xehanort/Eraqus: I've really grown to love this duo. Between that KH3 ending and Dark Road, man this might give Sora/Riku a run for it's money in the future...nah, but they play a good game of chess, despite cheating Eraqus.

I do wish some of Namine's duo relationships were on here. She's a main character too, we gotta show more respect to her. I'd take some of her duos over Kairi/Lea. Also how can Donald/Goofy not be on here when they are clearly best duo since Donald zapped Goofy awake in KH1?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
See this is actually harder then trios. Because a lot of these are really good and hard to pick.

Sora/Riku: Probably the best one? Like this is near perfect best friend stuff. Because they are the two most important characters, we really get to see their friendship and how deep it is in almost every game. Hard to top this one.

Riku/Mickey: Another outstanding one. I've always loved Mickey as Riku's Disney companion/sidekick.

Kairi/Lea: It was decent until the end, when Lea didn't care about her death.

Axel/Saix: Does being adversaries count as a duo? If so I'd rank them high. As friends I feel like I just started seeing the good side.

Sora/Kairi: Really cute. I think they are a good duo actually. They are very special to one another, as they have their crushes which I won't deny is adorable. ReMinds me when I was a kid and had a crush.

Aqua/Mickey: I never got that strong of a vibe from them. But maybe I need to see 0.2 again.

Axel/Roxas: I love it now only because of Days, not because of the one sided mess that was their KH2 relationship. Once they added the mentor relationship and gave me a reason to like them I was sold.

Roxas/Xion: This is my favorite boy/girl friendship that has nothing to do with shipping. Probably my favorite one on one Roxas friendship. My boi even had a entire memory shrine of her in ReMind, lol. And I love how they play off each other in Disney worlds.

Xehanort/Eraqus: I've really grown to love this duo. Between that KH3 ending and Dark Road, man this might give Sora/Riku a run for it's money in the future...nah, but they play a good game of chess, despite cheating Eraqus.

I do wish some of Namine's duo relationships were on here. She's a main character too, we gotta show more respect to her. I'd take some of her duos over Kairi/Lea. Also how can Donald/Goofy not be on here when they are clearly best duo since Donald zapped Goofy awake in KH1?
Well there were only ten options available so I decided to make the tenth option "other". Feel free to tell us some of you favorite Namine relationships :)

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I picked Sora/Riku. I feel like they're the ones who are the best developed. When looking over the options, I determined that some didn't have enough. Lea and Kairi began great, but fell off with him seeing Xion in her, which cheapened their bond in my opinion, and then the nonreaction of her offed sealed it. Yet that's more the fault of the writing.

Riku/Mickey would be second, followed by Axel and Roxas, as it's too one-sided once I break it down over the years.

I do wish some of Namine's duo relationships were on here.

They need to have her talk to people first who aren't Sora.

Noivern

Awards
SoRiku is the obvious choice because they are very gay, I am very gay, and it's just lovely.

No, but seriously. This will be a long ass post because there's three duos that I'm passionate about, so bear with me here.

Sora is Riku's motivation and driving force through the franchise, his very light. It was the loss of his light as Maleficent manipulated him into thinking he and Kairi were replaced by Donald and Goofy that lead to Riku falling into Darkness, but it was also Sora that guided him back into the Light. He is the one that made Riku see good in himself again and is the sole reason he became a Keyblade Master, powering through his Mark of Mastery and stablishing himself as the second character on screen to get that title.

Sora has been there to bring Riku back every time he thought he wasn't worthy of being bathed in the light, and now Riku will make damn sure he is there for Sora as well.

--

Then there's also my other favorite duo, that is not an option in this pool: Ventus and Vanitas.

I'm going to start off by saying Vanitas is my favorite character. I love this sassy, emo boy and I'm terrified of what the future of this franchise holds for him with all the recent developments.

I love that Ventus is Light. He's even more pure than Sora, and just wants to be older and respected like his friends. All in all, he is a good kid. And then we have Vanitas. The Vanitas from the fandom, the Vanitas from the novels. I love that he is everything Ventus repressed, all the pain, the emotions left behind. He wants to destroy everything so the world will be as empty as he is. How he is a being of darkness from birth and that is all he has ever know.
How much he aches to be complete and we barely get to see the development in that, so I like to fill in the missing pieces myself.

You see I personally view is that Vanitas as a damaged kid that just wants to heal. But he doesn't know how that would even feel. He is a ghost that longs to be alive, but has long forgotten how that even felt like in the first place. Empty of everything but the feeling of want, he will go as far as he needs to get what he wants. But when he does.. He just doesn't know what to do with it. I really wish we could have seen more of the recompleted VanVen, but they never really gave us anything else for Vanitas in the end. He came and went as a being of Darkness and, in his own words, that is what he choose to be.

--

Sora and Roxas. There's just so much I could say about those two, but I'll try to make it short (if even possible at this point).

To being with, the build up to those two is quite long. We went through two games as Sora, helping and connect with other people and learning that Kingdom Hearts is, in fact, Light. We became heroes both in name and act, defeated Seeker of Darkness and his World of Chaos, got lost, and then climbed each floor of Castle Oblivion willing to loose our memories to make sure this girl we didnt know would be okay.

And then we meet Roxas. This new kid who looks a lot like Sora, but isn't him. And then we feel his pain. The prologue to KH2 was one thing and Days was another, but it's only through the conflict in TWTNW and, most of all, the ending of DDD that we truly experience how it must feel to be the Nobody to the main protagonist.
From birth, Roxas had fate itself as his enemy as his mere existance was a threat to the worlds. Him being alive meant Sora wouldn't be, and when we, the players who know who Sora is, play as Roxas as he himself learns that and realizes how meaningful Sora is.

And then we learn that phrase. "It should be you." I can't really put into words how much that broke me the first time I heard it, lol. Roxas entire arc revolves around fighting to be alive only to learn that the very life he is holding on to so hard is the very reason Sora is sleeping.

I will always find it very interesting how Roxas was born from both Sora and Ventus and is a being of pure Light, but through Days he learns to walk in the path of Darkness. But unlike Riku, he never really loses himself to it; Maybe because of his nature as a Nobody, maybe because of the Org Robe.

In the end, Roxas loses. But he accepts the loss and is happy to be with Sora because he truly believe Sora deserved to be alive and out there. And when Sora learns the truth about Roxas, when they talk in DDD and he neglects everything Roxas says and tells him he should be alive too and we hear that phrase. Again, it just breaks me.

So when he finally gets HIS chance to live his own life, to be in his own body and next to Sora.. It makes me very emotional that those two are now able to connect and share their feelings with each other as no one quite understands them like the other, and I really wish going forward in the franchise we can see their friendship blossoming because they really do deserve the brotherly bond I long for so hard.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My favorite Duo is the Microsoft Surface Duo.
lol

I actually voted for Xehanort/Eraqus. More specifically, their younger versions.

Grey Skies

Awards
My absolute favorites are Sora/Riku and Riku/Mickey because they were fleshed out well in the early days of KH, and they fit so well with the overall themes of KH. They both blend the whimsy and the angst of KH.

I also really dig Roxas/Xion and Roxas/Axel because I thought they were the best parts of Days, and because they expanded on the themes set up in CoM and KH2, namely the ramifications of being a Nobody and gaining/losing so many memories.

Also from Days I appreciate the Riku/Xion duo. They have strange and deeply flawed relationship, and one of the last kinds of things I expected to see in a Disney game, with a purportedly heroic protagonist (Riku) encouraging a vulnerable and confused girl to basically kill herself and presumably be barred from any sort of afterlife, let alone being remembered by anyone.

Eonstar890

Awards
My favorite duo is definitely Ventus and Vanitas. The ultimate light and dark duo, total opposites yet one one the same. I love how through out BBS Vanitas taunts Ven as being the weaker half and Ven’s “at least I have some!” Line really hits perfectly back. They both struggle in different ways and their heart station together is beautiful.
Outside of that I rlly like any paring that includes Vanitas lol
Aqua/Vanitas
Sora/Vanitas
I really wanna see this kid interact with other characters especially Riku and Kairi. I hope he returns soon :)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I decided to make a list purely on what is seen in the canon of the games-only, not ship stuff:

1. Sora - Riku
2. Riku - Mickey ~ One of the reasons CoM is one of the best games in this series.
--- (anything besides those two pales in comparison to me)
3. Roxas - Namine ~ So many of their scenes being together in 2 makes me think of them almost like a pair. Part of the reason I hope Namine is in Twilight Town.
4. Maleficent - Riku
5. Donald - Goofy ~ The scenes when the two of them are by themselves contemplating situations instead of simply being comic relief are a lot of fun. Like them rescuing everyone in 3D and then wondering where they fit in without Keyblades at the end of that game.
6. Riku - Repliku
7. Isa - Lea ~ This definitely has a fire and ice kind of vibe, even though Isa's element is the moon.
8. Sora - Roxas
9. Marluxia - Larxene
10. Aqua - DiZ

Marluxia - Larxene is another one that's fun. I'd put it below the others since Marluxia is a bit basic and Larxene does the heavy lifting. EDIT: I just thought of another duo I always liked, from the past: Maleficent and Riku. I love the end of the scene when she calls him a son, the way he stares at her and then just saunters away. lol They had a lot of chemistry as characters, imo. It's a shame Riku has had no scene with Maleficent since the fake her in CoM, I believe... What a missed opportunity! I actually think Riku and Repliku's scenes are a lot of fun, too.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Guess Pete and Maleficent deserve an honorable mention as well. They have an interesting dynamic to say the least. Despite his screw ups she still keeps him by her side

D

Deleted member 252753

Some other duos I like:

1)Maleficent and Pete
2)Ansem the Wise and Ienzo
3)The MoM and Luxu after their last UX scene
4)Brain and his Chirithy with the matching outfits

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Voted Sora/Riku because they brought the smoke in KH2. They also have a few tricks that they pull together, like Session, guarding the laser dome, and the gayblade from DDD. Love all of those.

Also voted Sora/Kairi because they brought a very similar heat at the end of ReMind when fighting Xehanort. I only realized it when I got there that it felt similar to Sora/Riku vs Xemnas. The entire situation feels just as climactic and intense, and they really seem confident when squaring up side-by-side. Their team-up is also one of the all-time greatest, with the dynamic camera angle and rapid beat-down with the wings. The feathers showing different memories puts it on the same level as Sora and Riku's fist bump. Their connection is also shown very well in the ReMind ending where they're going all over together.

Don't give a rat's ass about shipping, and honestly find SoRiku more understandable, but ReMind put in the work.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Thanks for the thread!!

I was ready to click the hell out of the Riku/Mickey option, but then once faced with the poll I realized there are others...

Riku&Mickey is the best relationship/friendship/companionship in the series. [Insert here a 10-page essay that I'm too lazy to type.] My favorite Riku&Mickey moments are CoM, that forest scene in Days, the hug in the sea at the end of KH2, the Symphony of Sorcery scenes in DDD, and all the KH3 scenes where they're together.

This being said, Sora&Riku has to be best duo. "How am I supposed to face everyone?" "Like thiiis" *Sora makes a face* ♡ + I adore their childhood friendship in BBS. It looks so deep and peaceful. And happy. And their team attack is so damn satisfying.

Lea&Kairi made me hope for a new contender on the podium. I hope there's more of them in the future.
I also hope Riku&Kairi become a thing of beauty and badasserie.

The Sora&Kairi fight in Remind...

Xehanort/Eraqus (...)
DarkRoadWhatRUSmilingAbout.jpg

Not a fan of Isa/Lea//Axel/Saix. Isa/Saix looks like a toxic person to have as a best friend (or boyfriend). They even look dysfunctional as a villain duo / co-conspirators. I'm looking forward to what the next chapters in the series will show us about them, though. Both as adults reconciling and as RG kids in flashbacks.

Actually not a fan of Axel&Roxas as a duo either. I love how their relationship is written, how Axel is caught up in his own Reno struggles and how wanting a friendship with that kid takes him by surprise, but I have to see&play more than the Remind fight to make sure it's all good and wholesome now. Axel f***s up in Days. He is untrustworthy. I'm glad Roxas is mad at him. But I do like their reunion scene in KH3, because so much has happened since then, and I love the shot of the two of them in civilian clothes at the end of KH3. We'll see.

I love Roxas&Xion teaming up on missions, Namine&Roxas, and Namine&Xion. I ship Namine/Xion, so there's that... Their scene together is my favorite in Days. I like Namine's honesty and compassion and Xion working out what she wants to do about her fate. And then they pick up shells together at the end of KH3 and I can't... Let them be awesome friends or more. I want to see that relationship develop.

Riku&Xion as a duo is cringy-interesting.
Same with Riku&Maleficent. Creepy-interesting.

Brain and his Chirithy have matching outfits...

Ven and Roxas complimenting each other during the Re:mind group fight.

The MoM and Luxu -- what is up with this mentor/apprentice relationship. Their dialogues are freaky and hilarious.

Aqua&Cinderella. Aqua teaming up with all the princes, especially Prince Phillip. I LOVED playing a girl in the role of knight in shining armor. Rescuing princesses. Taking Cinderella's hand...

Mini-Ven and Jaq the mouse was pretty awesome, too.

Terra&Cinderella.

Merlin&Cid.

Beast&Sora in KH1.

Aqua&Mickey were fun to play together but they pale next to my brOTP.

Sora&Rapunzel.

Sora&Neku.

Does YX&Sora count as a duo?

EDIT: Pooh and Sora. How did I forget that?

Last edited:

pastel.goblin

Awards
With or without shipping I really love the dynamic Roxas and Naminé had, even if their time was brief. To me they just had easy chemistry, and handled the difficult topics with maturity while also having a more lighthearted side. The smile Roxas gives her when he tells her he can't help her with her powers gets me every time and it was nice to see Naminé in a more confident role as she guided Roxas to the truth. Their scene towards the end of KH2 is one of my faves in the series, how they see themselves the way they remember each other is such a sweet sentiment to me, and them smiling at each other in the end always brings me to tears (though tbf the entirety of KH2 ending does aha) @Tartarus apparently the translation of Xion's character file confirms that Naminé is in Twilight Town, so there's that~

I really loved the idea of Kairi/Lea as a duo, and to begin with it was great, but sadly kind of fizzled out and didn't mean much in the end. I wish they'd done more with them.

Totally agree that Sora/Riku have one of the best dynamics in the series, and for reasons already in the thread Sora/Roxas is another great one. I like Sora/Kairi too, they'd been kind of lacklustre for a while, but their scenes in Re:Mind were really cute and boosted them back up. I do want Kairi to establish bonds with characters other than Sora though, let her be friends with Riku, Naminé and Lea at least.

I think for duos I'm mostly interested in potential ones that could be interesting but haven't been explored enough or at all. Like Roxas/Ventus, how does Roxas feel about someone sharing his face after fighting so hard to be his own person? Or Roxas/Riku, is the animosity between them ever going to be addressed? (probably not going by KH3's ending aha) Aqua/Axel already appeal to me just from that one exchange in Re:Mind lol. Also Naminé/Sora. I don't think it's ever really been addressed that Sora doesn't remember her, and before KH3 hasn't really interacted with her. They kinda glossed over it in KH3 with Sora more or less acting like he knows her which was kinda odd, but I'd really love to see them become actual friends too. Also also Naminé/Lea, I enjoyed their scenes together in the KH2 manga. Come to think of it I still wonder what the truth about Naminé is that he reads about, and why Isa uses Castle Oblivion being her birthplace as a reason to convince Lea to go back in Days.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
TBH the only ship i see happening is sora/kairi. sora and riku are like brothers. it was never teased. i do like Aqua/terra, roxas/xion(i bet this is another that will happen), riku/namine and axel/saix. and i think people who ship soku are dumb dumbs. and u cant call me homophobic when im gay. i think people need to see the story and see the people who does have feelings for eachother. SORA AND KAIRI I CAN TELL ARE IN LOVE!!!!!! RIKU AND SORA ARE JUST LIKE BROTHERS. KAIRI IS A QUEEN YALL. PERIODT!!!!

This isn’t a ship thread. This is a thread about duos/pairs, doesn’t matter if it is friendship or romantic. Just about how good their dynamics are.

Back