• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Boss Battle Per Kingdom Hearts Game.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They're really similar, honestly (same team)
Replace Julius with Vanitas Sentiment and Ballonga with the Mine commands and the Flowmotion with the endless Dodge roll spam

But at least BbS offers more bosses, and let's admit it, more cool looking, as much as I like Disney's characters.

Uh what?
The BBS bosses are literally a cheap Black/white Vanitas Recolor and the default "Unknown dude in a black coat".
If we count BBS FM we additionally get two knock-offs of the Lingering Will (Armor of the Master + No Heart).

In terms of originality and creativity, BBS' "superbosses" are not only super cheap and mostly luck rather than skill-based they're also largely repeats of a boss "type" we already had before.
1. The stronger, more dangerous "variant" of an already existing boss/character (BBS: Vanitas' Remnant, KH2FM: The Org data battles)
2. The mysterious "Unknown dude in a black coat" (BBS: Mysterious Figure/Young MX, KH1FM: Unknown/Xemnas)
3. The animated piece of scrap metal armor (BBSFM: Armor of the Master/No Heart, KH2FM: Lingering Will)

Julius is at least something more unique in technique and appearance, not to mention the first actual Disney-based superboss since the Ice Titan from KH 1.
Julius is also different as you do not need Balloonga to fight him effectively and win. It is just the easiest way. I remember defeating Julius with techniques like Shadowbreaker and plain old Firaga while having actually fun with the battle, also trying out different strategies with different commands to see how effective they are.
It's plainly impossible to do that with Vanitas' Remnant or Mysterious Figure due to how cheap their moves and AI are. You have no time to try out different things since you're only concerned with surviving long enough to fire up one of the two variants or so with which the boss can actually be defeated.

Or in short, you need surges/mine commands in order to effectively combat the BBS secret bosses, but you do not strictly need Balloonga to effectively combat Julius.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Uh what?
The BBS bosses are literally a cheap Black/white Vanitas Recolor and the default "Unknown dude in a black coat".
If we count BBS FM we additionally get two knock-offs of the Lingering Will (Armor of the Master + No Heart).

In terms of originality and creativity, BBS' "superbosses" are not only super cheap and mostly luck rather than skill-based they're also largely repeats of a boss "type" we already had before.
1. The stronger, more dangerous "variant" of an already existing boss/character (BBS: Vanitas' Remnant, KH2FM: The Org data battles)
2. The mysterious "Unknown dude in a black coat" (BBS: Mysterious Figure/Young MX, KH1FM: Unknown/Xemnas)
3. The animated piece of scrap metal armor (BBSFM: Armor of the Master/No Heart, KH2FM: Lingering Will)

Julius is at least something more unique in technique and appearance, not to mention the first actual Disney-based superboss since the Ice Titan from KH 1.
Julius is also different as you do not need Balloonga to fight him effectively and win. It is just the easiest way. I remember defeating Julius with techniques like Shadowbreaker and plain old Firaga while having actually fun with the battle, also trying out different strategies with different commands to see how effective they are.
It's plainly impossible to do that with Vanitas' Remnant or Mysterious Figure due to how cheap their moves and AI are. You have no time to try out different things since you're only concerned with surviving long enough to fire up one of the two variants or so with which the boss can actually be defeated.

Or in short, you need surges/mine commands in order to effectively combat the BBS secret bosses, but you do not strictly need Balloonga to effectively combat Julius.

It's all right and I agree, the only issue is that I said "cool looking", not "unique".
I never implied the bosses were original nor balanced (though it's a problem of the game itself), just that in my opinion BbS wins the exchange with DDD because if I have to fight not-so-well thought out bosses, at least in one game I have a wider choice. And that No Heart is a LW knock-off and Xemnas Armour with movement, but it's surely pleasant to watch.
They kinda missed the opportunity to have the almost mandatory lore secret boss for every "main" chapter. (Please everyone note I used main on quotations, I know it's more complex than that)

Kounelli

Awards
Yeah I kinda missed that about the first game, bosses like Phantom, Kurt Zisa, etc. were great and I remember my younger self being completely intimidated by them.

I mean I do like the new mushroom heartless in II, but it would have been nice to have more bosses like that. Here's to hoping for KH3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back