• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Boss Battle Per Kingdom Hearts Game.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverwarrior

KH: Dragon Maleficent/Giant Ursula
RE:COM: Marluxia First From
Days: Saix
KH2: Really like Sark and MCP, but for challenge toss between Lingering Will and Xigbar
BBS: Dark Hide
Re:Coded: Riku4
DDD: YMX

Mirashade

Awards
For Kingdom Hearts 1: I suppose Ansem, second stage, the one where he yells "Submit!" all the time. It was challenging and the battle quotes were memorable.
ReCoM: Ironically, I don't remember the game well enough. Maybe Axel. Or Vexen, entirely because his death was so messed up.
KH2: Xigbar, probably. "Let's see how you dance!" Other candidates include Xemnas' battle in front of Memory's Skyscraper.
BBS: Vanitas final battle.
3D: Weirdly, I like Hockomonkey a lot. Overall actual story-relevant boss, my favorite was Ansem's second form. As an honorable mention, YX's little gimmick where he resets his battle was pretty fun too, though he's not my favorite.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
KH1: Giant Ursula by far. Sometimes I put KH1 in just to re-play that battle over and over. (Oogie Roulette, Dragon-Maleficent, Hades, and either one of Riku's battles are fun, too.)
CoM: Hades or Larxene
KH2: I guess, Oogie? Saix and Pete (Timeless River) would come next.
BbS: Lucifer, then Hades/Ice Titan
Coded: Pete
3D: Spellican

I haven't played Days in years, and can't remember the bosses that well.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I find it interesting that Giant Ursula is the only instance where a character has a fully-animated face in-game. I remember this being quite laggy in KH1, but fine in 1.5. It was a great effect and it made the fight a lot more fun to watch. Too bad about her crazy-eyes.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
KH1: Giant Ursula by far. Sometimes I put KH1 in just to re-play that battle over and over. (Oogie Roulette, Dragon-Maleficent, Hades, and either one of Riku's battles are fun, too.)
CoM: Hades or Larxene
KH2: I guess, Oogie? Saix and Pete (Timeless River) would come next.
BbS: Lucifer, then Hades/Ice Titan
Coded: Pete
3D: Spellican

I haven't played Days in years, and can't remember the bosses that well.
Is it the first battle or the last battle with Larxene that is your favorite in Com?

I honestly liked the boss battle with Ansem Seeker of Darkness in Kingdom Hearts 1. I haven't played far enough into Kingdom Hearts Final Mix to get to Xemnas.

I did like the boss battle with Leech Grave in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
KH1: Sephiroth
CoM/Re:CoM: Maybe Axel? The boss fights don't feel substantially different to me but both his fights are fun.
KH2: Larxene Absent Silhouette
Days: Xion
BBS: Ice Cream Beat Every version of Vanitas
Coded: Roxas (the only one I remember...)
DDD: Julius

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
KH Oogie Boogie 1. Ice Titan just below.
CoM Of the original I don't remember much other than Axel's "Ha ha!" whenever he did his Firewall attack, so propably him. In Re:CoM either Marluxia #3 or Zexion.
KHII Marluxia. Hades would propably be second.
Days Saïx.
BBS No boss were fun to fight in that game for me. Let's just say Zack.
Coded Trickmaster.
DDD Young Xehanort and Xemnas.
Uχ (so far) Wretched Witch

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
This is kind of a toughie.

KH1:
Ursul- kidding.
Probably Sephiroth.

KH2:
Ugh...I'm starting to realize I don't know many of the bosses' English names. Anyways: The first final boss fight in Halloween Town against that cage was pretty cool. Also the Final Battle(s).

BBS:
I don't think I even need to explain this: Every fight against Vanitas. But especially Ventus' final battle.

3D:
I hardly remember any bossfights from this game, so...maybe Rinzler.

I don't really have any favorite boss battles in any of the other games. :X

halfmango

Awards
Ooooh, so many awesome choices!
kh1: final Riku fight.
com: Marluxia 1 for Sora, final Ansem for Riku (SUBMIT)
kh2: data (lvl99) Roxas or Sephiroth.
days: Riku
bbs: Terranort battle as Terra's armor (?!). Frustrating but so AWESOME.

Venx

KHFM: Kurt Zisa
Re:CoM: Marluxia final form
KH2FM: Larxene (to pick only one boss from all of the amazing bosses)
Days: Riku
Re:Coded: None
BBS: Red eyes
3D: Forgot all of them (I'll edit after 2.8)
UX: Wretched Witch

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
KH1: Riku | KHCom: Axel | KH2: Ugh, I have lots of favs!.... MCP and Sark | KHBBS: Lucifer in CoD and Vanitas (can't decide on fav for that)

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've just been replaying the series, so this is a god recap for me.
KH1: the final Riku fight, as it was my first go on the games in Proud mode, and I was severely under-leveled, but eventually fought my way through it. As much as KH1 is my least favorite in the series, this boss battle is a highlight throughout the entire series for me.

CoM/Re:CoM: I really dug fighting Larxene in both versions, as well as Axel

Days
: Riku, but it has been a while since I've played this one, in particular.

KH2: EASILY the fight against Roxas (only included in the Final Mix), as it's another highlight in the series for me. Sure, the Japanese version is a little better, but it is still an excellent boss battle, and might be my favorite of all time, in any game.

BBS: I'm replaying through this one now, so I don't have a final answer, but for now it is Eraqus during Terra's story.

Re:Coded: None

DDD: I love this game, but have little memory of the bosses. I'm stoked to play it in 2.8, and will have an answer then.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
kh1 - ice tities
com - mechluxia
kh2 - roxas
days - xion giant
bbs - mysterious figure
re:coded - data rikula skirt
ddd - julius

George~

Website
steamcommunity.com
KH1: Oogie Boogie (I found it really fun)
CoM: Marluxia
Days: Final battle with Xion (Only one that I can really remember)
KH2: Xigbar (I loved this battle so much, most memorable one for me in the whole series)
BBS: Auqua v Braig
Re:Coded: Heartless Sora
DDD: Young Xehanort

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KH1: Riku/Ansem (Very fun fight. KH1 has a lot of great bosses, but this one is the most immediately pleasing due to the great stagger and give-and-take nature of the fight. Riku is programmed to dodge your moves just as well as you can dodge his, so it's really fun to play and watch.)

CoM: Captain Hook (Honestly, mostly because he's a complete asshole and the difficulty spike makes me laugh)

KH2: Roxas (Another super fun fight that doesn't add any BS mechanics, relies on your most basic abilities, and the enemy has a varied moveset that's challenging but not unfair to learn)

Days: Riku (It's short lmao)

BBS: Magic Mirror (Such a visually unique fight, one of the few in the game that gives you a Disney fight and really goes all the way with it. Also, he staggers when you hit him. It has a full animation and everything. BBS didn't do this often!)

Re:Coded: Trickmaster (I LOVE THE GIMMICKS!!!!!!!)

DDD: Rinzler/Pete (The only two real Disney fights in the game, and they're both fun and thematically pleasing. Rinzler feels like a legit duel and has good thematic weight to it, and Pete's fight takes place on a stage and he swings around like an absolute madman, which is fun, and the fight isn't too bad itself.)

HOPE U GUYS LIKE MY OPINONS, RATE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE

Hirokey123

Awards
KH1: For some reason I always really liked Trick Master
Re:CoM: Probably Zexion...regular CoM probably be Oogie because of its ease.
KH2: Oh man tough one but I'd say Lingering Will
Days: Xion but honorable mention to Infernal Engine one of the best designed heartless bosses in the series.
BBS: Tough one because I don't think BBS boss fights were very good but I'd say Aqua and Mickey verse Vanitas or maybe Eraqus vs Terra.
Re:Coded: Meh Data Sora's heartless was the only remotely interesting boss in that whole game but due to how glitchy a fight it can be I'll give it to Data Riku his 4 rounds aren't hard but it does a good job at what it aimed to do.
DDD: Reverse of BBS I think most of DDD's fights are fantastic and I guess if I had to choose one it be....Xemnas first time we had a Xemnas fight where he actually feels like he's giving it his all...I mean final Xemnas in KH2 was like that but he was super charged by KH sooo it's not quite the feel for the regular Xemnas.
Chi: None Chi's battle system is great but it's bleh against bosses...guess Lady Ava would take it though.

Jochira

Awards
KH1 (same for FM): Riku/Ansem and when Sora fights Ansem alone, directly after defeating Darkside
KH2: hard to pick, but probably Luxord
2FM: if I have to pick only 1, Data Zexion
BBS: I felt like most bosses was either block-spam or dodge roll-spam, so can't say for sure, but probably Armor of Eraqus, due to him having a different style of fighting, depending on who you play as... either him or No Heart for the bgm
Days: Xion and Infernal Engine, though the bosses (and gameplay) at Days wasn't as good as the other games imo
Re:Coded: I pick all the Olympus Coliseum bosses, only cuz Olympus Coliseum had an interesting concept, if you ask me
CoM: Marluxia
Re:CoM: Zexion and 2nd time against Vexen
DDD: I seriously loved all the bosses here, but I'll go for when you have to fight several Nightmare bosses at once at Traverse Town (cheap boss pick, ik) and Young Xehanort (he also got the best battle bgm owo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back