• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Boss Arena?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
I might have not looked hard enough, but I don't think there's ever been a thread on this. We talked about favorite Heartless, Nobodies, Disney Boss, OG boss, but have we EVER took the time to just...get enamored in the very place you fight the bosses in? There're alot of memorable arenas where we fought our favorite Disney & OG bosses. You can hate a boss, but like the arena you fight them in, and vice versa. So let's start.

To start out, let's put them under 2 categories - Your favorite Disney Arena (The place you fight a boss or miniboss in a DISNEY world), and your favorite OG arena (The place you fight a boss or miniboss in an original world)

Let me start out with an OG arena. idk if this place has a name, but ima call it...The Castle Ruins lol. The battle arena in KH1 where you fight Dragon Maleficent & Xemnas.
appreciating-hollow-bastion-where-shit-gets-real-in-kingdom-hearts.jpg
There's just...something SO fitting and so...beautiful about fighting Dragon Maleficent in this place. The thorn and pipes in the background, and how they disappate with Maleficent after you kill her, and when the Deep End plays in the background? There's...REALLY no fitting place than the Castle Ruins, to kill what supposedly is the big bad of KH1.

Now for a Disney arena? The Ballroom, the place you fight Shadow Stalker/Dark Thorn in Beast's Castle.
Beauty-and-the-beast-disneyscreencaps.com-7353.jpg
I think Regular Pat emphasized my feelings about this place. I just love the concept of taking such an iconic location in a Disney film and then warped it into a twisted battlefield, and a playground for a Heartless that can manipulate the entire battlefield.
maxresdefault (16).jpg

okhi12

Awards
I'm too lazy to search for images, but my favorite arenas are:

Original: Memory's Skyscraper in TWTNW. A very iconic location in the KH franchise, too bad the playable version of the battle between Roxas and Riku was in a DS game with all its limitations. I would've loved to play it with KH2 graphics... or KH3 graphics if Days gets a remake someday.
Disney: The Clock Tower in Neverland. Fighting the Phantom while flying over London at night is amazing, although the fight itself is a pain.

Special mention: That place where Aqua fights the Darkside under that huge red orb of darkness in 0.2. It can be considered both original and Disney because it's Enchanted Dominion but twisted by the Realm of Darkness. I wish we could visit more "fallen worlds" because it's a very interesting concept and 0.2 was beautiful on its own way.

palizinhas

Awards
Original:
- I always thought it was kind of fun that the most recurring place in Days - the clocktower - served as the arena for the Roxas vs Xion showdown. Really interesting and silly at the same time. And "interesting and silly" is part of KH's charm. RIP Roxas, falling all the way down after the fight must have hurt.
Disney:
- Have to second the BatB ballroom. One of my favorite locations in a Disney movie, and the boss warping it for the fight - including using parts of the room to hide or attack - was super fun.

Awards
For Disney, I'm gonna go with fighting the Prison KeeperPrison_Keeper_KHII.png at Curly HillScreenshot_20211023-190320~2.png in KH II.

And for Original, any boss fight that takes place in the Keyblade Graveyard338-3384042_keyblade-graveyard-kh3.jpg

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Favorite OG Arenas: Fighting Riku/Ansem in front of Hollow Bastion's Keyhole, the torn-up Destiny Islands where you fight Ansem the first time at End of the World, Vexen in front of the Old Mansion, the Spellican battle arena, the Darkside you fight at the beginning of KH3's arena (the Final World)
Favorite Disney Arenas: Hook's Ship, Oogie's Roulette Room, Oogie's Manor, the Neverland Clocktower where you fight Phantom, the MCP's area in Space Paranoids, Maleficent's throne room, the Pot Centipede battle

Soldier

Awards
Favorite OG arena, that's easy, Destiny Islands in both KH 1 and 0.2. Thematically it's beautiful how it ties both the beginning of the game into the end of it, considering what happens. I love the idea that when DI was split off into pieces in the realm of Darkness, there are multiple "Islands" made of the debris, such as the chunk where Aqua fights the demon tide. It's also where the iconic Darkside and Ansem fights occur.

Favorite Disney arena. Hook's ship. considering it's the beginning of the end, Hook's ship is a fantastic send off to the Disney worlds. While it isn't necessarily stated, I always thought of Hook as the ferryman of Maleficent's group, transporting them to and from the worlds (given that his ship can fly through the lanes between gives credence to this theory) and defeating him cripples the group significantly depending on who's left alive following Agrabah Monstro and Halloween Town/Atlantica. You're effectively stranding the villains in their own worlds, where they wait for the inevitable clash.
(Plus the actual fight against hook is brilliant, he's strong enough to be considered one of the "teachers" to Sora during his first journey, granting Ars Arcanum upon defeat, he's immune to thunder, weak to fire and an accomplished swordsman).

Back