• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► Favorite band/musician as a kid?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
This topic is pretty simple, what was your favorite band or musician as a kid? And, if you could go back in time, would you still want to listen to them? Are you embarrassed by your answer, or do you still like that band to this day?

I'll start: My favorite artist as a kid was this guy named Sean Kingston. He pretty much just put on a phony accent and sounded like a twelve year old, but I loved it anyways. My favorite Sean Kingston song was undoubtedly "Take You There", about how he was going to take a girl out to the tropics and party pretty much. It's all pretty terrible stuff, but I enjoyed it when I was younger, so whatever :p

Here's the video of "Take You There", and after that I'll post a video of him and Justin Bieber collaborating on a song called "Eenie Meenie", because it's terrible and hilarious at the same time xD

Note: I never listened to Einie Meenie as a kid, even I was too old for that shit xD

[video=youtube;axq1jQTk84w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axq1jQTk84w[/video]

[video=youtube;prmmCg5bKxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmmCg5bKxA[/video]

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Depends on how far back "being a kid" means. I'll give a timeline up to around 18.

Before my teens I didn't really have a favorite band. However, I distinctly remember in the mid to late 90s my first CD being No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, and that "Don't Speak" was my favorite song.

Around 13 and 14, my favorite artists/bands were Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton, Santana's newer work, and Linkin Park. Lol. I also liked Avril Lavigne. I can't really listen to much of her music anymore, although the rest I can still listen to. I also got into Maynard Ferguson, because I was a trumpet player. I still listen to his music, sometimes.

Shortly after, 3 Doors Down became my favorite band, mainly because "Here Without You". I will say that even though I've listened to Here Without You all of these years, I try not to anymore. The band recently showed their support for Donald Trump and performed for him. I forget whether it was the inauguration or some stupid event that was titled "Make America Great Again". Either way it's cringeworthy, and I do not take kindly to supporting such a terrible man. I try not to think about the political affiliations of the bands I listen to, but they made it obvious.

3 Doors Down remained my "favorite band" for a while, and I believe it was the first band I actually even thought of that way. However in late 2004, I started listening to a radio station that played mostly older music. Then I fell in love with the music of the 1960s/70s/and even 80s ("and even" because, it's such a stark contrast with me today). I especially took a liking to 70s Soft Rock like Bread, America, and The Eagles. America was the band I declared as my definitive favorite. Nowadays, I favor Bread.

I think America remained my favorite band through 18. Although at that time I was more into classical music.

A lot of these I still listen to. The station of older music laid down the foundation for my interest in the music of the 1960s and 70s, which has only grown since then, and Bread, America, and The Eagles have always been in my favorite bands list. The artists and bands mentioned before, I still listen to on occasion, unless I specifically mentioned above that I don't.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Depends on how far back "being a kid" means. I'll give a timeline up to around 18.

Before my teens I didn't really have a favorite band. However, I distinctly remember in the mid to late 90s my first CD being No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, and that "Don't Speak" was my favorite song.

Around 13 and 14, my favorite artists/bands were Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton, Santana's newer work, and Linkin Park. Lol. I also liked Avril Lavigne. I can't really listen to much of her music anymore, although the rest I can still listen to. I also got into Maynard Ferguson, because I was a trumpet player. I still listen to his music, sometimes.

Shortly after, 3 Doors Down became my favorite band, mainly because "Here Without You". I will say that even though I've listened to Here Without You all of these years, I try not to anymore. The band recently showed their support for Donald Trump and performed for him. I forget whether it was the inauguration or some stupid event that was titled "Make America Great Again". Either way it's cringeworthy, and I do not take kindly to supporting such a terrible man. I try not to think about the political affiliations of the bands I listen to, but they made it obvious.

3 Doors Down remained my "favorite band" for a while, and I believe it was the first band I actually even thought of that way. However in late 2004, I started listening to a radio station that played mostly older music. Then I fell in love with the music of the 1960s/70s/and even 80s ("and even" because, it's such a stark contrast with me today). I especially took a liking to 70s Soft Rock like Bread, America, and The Eagles. America was the band I declared as my definitive favorite. Nowadays, I favor Bread.

I think America remained my favorite band through 18. Although at that time I was more into classical music.

A lot of these I still listen to. The station of older music laid down the foundation for my interest in the music of the 1960s and 70s, which has only grown since then, and Bread, America, and The Eagles have always been in my favorite bands list. The artists and bands mentioned before, I still listen to on occasion, unless I specifically mentioned above that I don't.

Oh, by being a kid I meant being really young xD I think I was 10 years old when I listened to Sean Kingston!

harry8537

I like kpop music and my favorite kpop band is BTS Army because I love it, it’s so diverse and it’s lyrics mean so much. They speak so much truth in them and have very deep meanings. The music itself for the songs clearly resonate the song - for an example they don’t have a happy tune with heartbreaking lyrics. Some people are either lyrics or producing, clearly the producer at Bighit (including BTS members) are both strong at lyrics and producing. Another I like bts accessories collection because I am huge fan of BTS. They have a structure, a good beat, I’m actually a percussionist so I listen out a lot for this sort of thing. It’s not astray yet it’s not entirely the same and it has that build up, they’re really good!

Back