• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite animal?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

After browsing through the general discussion for about 5 solid minutes, i noticed that there was a thread dedicated to this, but the last post was in 2016, and I'm no necroposter, so update time!
As the title suggests, what is your favorite animal? this planet has graced us with many creatures of all different walks of life, stretching across the globe. Admittedly, there aren't as many as there used to be thousands of years ago, but what is here is still pretty impressive.
As a little bit of a bonus, i'm only adding one rule, it has to be something that existed at some point in earth's history and has been proven by some method. So no dragons or loch ness monster's ladies and gentlemen.
Without further ado, i'll start.

One of my favorite animals is something i've cherished for a long time, and that would be the Woolly Mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius). When i was a little boy, my parents took me to the local museum, where they had a special exhibition on elephants and their relatives. This was where i was introduced to the prehistoric pachyderm in the form of a large stuffed, life size mannequin next to it's skeleton. The thick, dense fur and curved tusks put me in a state of awe. Since then, my room has become a designated shrine to the beast, with figures, paintings and a recipe on how to clone one published in 2008 (i'm even looking at it right now) scattered about my room. Why do i like them so much? i guess i've always seen it as a symbol of strength, as they evolved to handle sub zero temperatures with ease (their blood contains a type of primitive anti freeze, still works to this day) and since i've always loved the cold, i would see them as something to idolize similar to how someone might associate a lion with courage or bravery.

So what's your favorite creature? i'm curious.

Peace

Awards
My favorite animals are dogs. I grew up around them my whole life. And tey come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and breeds. It's almost impossible to find a doggo that you don't like on some level.

One of my favorite breeds are Pit Bulls. I used to work at an animal shelter and the kennels there had a significant number of them in there. They get such a bad rap from people who don't know any better, but like anything else you raise, it's all in how you raise them. They're just so silly and they can be your best friend if you're nice to them. And they have these big ol' square heads and those big goofy smiles that you can't help but love.

I also like horses. Growing up I wasn't a fan, but during my time at the shelter I grew to like them. They're just so chill to work with. It was hard work to do the morning chores. And they can have the best personalities. And the minis that we had there had the biggest egos and I just found that hilarious.

One memory I will find one of the best is this one time. Charlie is a horse that would always pick up his grain bowl and shake out the contents. So one day I took that away and gave him a ball with a handle on it. He looked at it, sniffed it, then cautiously stepped on it with both his front hooves. When he realized what I'd done, he walked up to me head down like he was thinking "You motherfucker." It was just the funniest sight to behold.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I think I remember the previous thread. But I'm going to post again anyways.
I love wolves. My grandfather did, my dad does, I do. My living room is dedicated to love for wolves (paintings, ceramics, clocks, more paintings, mugs, wind chimes, more paintings).
And that's kinda how I got my username too.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Kitties!

And crocodiles. No compelling reason to offer, I just love crocs. They're badass. They're like the modern refined streamlined incarnation of the T-rex, or at least as close to Rex-level coolness as nature gets today!

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
pangolin_3180820b_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

Pangolins just as easily.

Unspeakable

Cats. I don't know why maybe of those funny videos on Youtube :D

I love both cats and dogs, I also used to have guinea pigs in my childhood. Pets are great, I love them. But having a pet is also a responsibility, you should care about his health. It should be groomed and have flea medication. As a cat owner, I would say cats won't help much if you have mice infestation. I would suggest using these traps and don't rely on cats, those furballs are lazy but adorable.

Back