• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite and least favorite FF characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress Mitsuru

Everybody has FF characters they like and hate, Squall's always been a personal favourite of mine. My most hated FF character has got to be Gerrith Barrington from Tactics, in case anybody's wondering why, he habitually rapes a 13-year old girl and it's implied that he's impregnated her and he plans to give her child similar treatment.

Pandymint

Awards
Hmmm. Some favorites are Cloud Strife, Zack Fair, Seifer, Auron and JECHT. Jecht is one of my favorite FF characters period. Kefka, Sephiroth and Kuja are my villain holy trifecta.

As for the ones I dislike... Hope Estheim, Lightning, Caius, wasn't a big fan of Vaan either.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Favorite: Lulu, Balthier, Kuja, Quina, Vivi, Quistis, Garnet/Dagger, Tifa, Yuna, Zidane

I like most of their characters, but these are the first to come to mind. As far as chemistry goes, the Balthier/Fran/Vaan trinity, the IX group (outside Amarant), X cast, and Tantalus are all gold.

Least favorite: Aerith, Rinoa, Yuffie, Amarant, Irvine, Penelo

Rikku and Eiko get on my nerves, but I end up liking them despite that. I guess I always hated, too, how they join the party so late in the story. But they actually manage to become integral to the story, unlike Amarant, whose arc is cheesy stupid and completely unecessary.

Wander

Favourites: Ramza, Orlandeau, Cecil, Locke, Celes, Kefka, Barret, Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Beatrix, Lulu, Jecht, Balthier, Ashe, Gabranth, Basch, Sazh.

Shoutouts to Judges Drace and Bergan, if I can remember their monologues by heart they're probably well written, not important enough to the story to make the list though.

Least Favourites: Vincent, Cloud sort of, literally everyone from VIII, Rikku, Tidus, Lightning, Snow, Serah.

Vincent and Cloud seem like they were trying to make characters so stereotypically "badass" that I can't relate whatsoever, Cloud kinda grows on you a little bit but still, amnesia as a plot point is dumb. Same for Lightning, except this one is just plain bland and milked to death. Squall is almost hilariously bad for me personally, plus an incredibly stupid looking costume and silly weapon choice. I don't really dislike the XIII cast but I just find it hard to care about them when I don't understand nor want to understand what goes on with the story.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Favorite: Cecil, Squall

Least Favorite: Hope

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That's some tricky question. I really like a lot of Final Fantasy characters (well, there are a lot of them after all...), but naming my overall favorite...
I think I'd pick Kuja and Lightning. Not lying there. Kuja was such a wonderful villain (interpret that in any way you wish) and Lightning was, finally, some sort of strong woman. A douche sometimes, but hey. She punched Snow in the face twice for all I care about.
Edit cause: I meant strong in the sense of actually appearing like that. Characters like Yuna are strong, but are still visualized as...kinda girly.

My least favorites...
Everyone from FF VIII?
No, no, kidding. I liked Zell, so that's something. But oh hell, was the character development in FF VIII BAAAD!
...So there's definitely Snow on this list. How can you be so stupid and not forget to breathe? I'll also put Garnet here. Oh my, I hated her through the whole game. Strong my ass, just let the hero save you and stop playing tougher than you are.

Anagram

Banned
I've played several games but liked few so I dont really have many faves. I largely only have three in Yuna, Auron and Zack Fair.
I rarely finish the ones I didn't like so I also have few I hated but if I had to pick one it'd easily be Snow. He was so fucking annoying.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Favorites: Auron, Serah Farron, Cecil, Rydia, Tifa Lockhart, Yuna, Tidus, Rikku, Lulu, Oerba Yun Fang, Cid (VII), Yuffie, Selphie, Jecht, Barret, Kimahri

Maybe Kefka if I knew the villain better

I have too many favorites.

Least favorites: Squall Leonhart, Sephiroth, Snow Villiers, Wakka, Edge, Hope Estheim

Squall was a jerk, Snow is an idiot, Wakka was an ass, Edge dies everytime in the party. Hope isn't THAT bad, he has every right to be whiny after all has happened to him, but just the way he does it is annoying.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Favorites: Sephiroth, Kefka, Genesis, Cloud, Reno, Vanille (give or take in that order)

Least Favorite: Lightning, Snow (and Aerith in KH II but not any other game so I guess she don't count)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back