• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Fate/Zero

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esso

Fire Breaker
61322.jpg

Fate/Zero takes place 10 years prior to the events of Fate/stay night, detailing the events of the 4th Holy Grail War in Fuyuki City. The War of the Holy Grail is a contest in which seven magi summon seven Heroic Spirits to compete to obtain the power of the "Holy Grail," which grants a miracle. After three inconclusive wars for the elusive Holy Grail, the Fourth War commences.

Founded by the Einzbern, Makiri, and Tohsaka families centuries ago, the Einzbern family is determined to achieve success after three successive failures, no matter the cost. As a result, they have elected to bring the hated magus killer, Kiritsugu Emiya, into their ranks, despite his methods and reputation as a skilled mercenary and a hitman who employs whatever he can use to accomplish his goals. Though Kiritsugu had once wanted to become a hero who could save everyone, he has long since abandoned this ideal upon realizing that saving one person comes at the cost of another's life. For the sake of humanity, he will ruthlessly destroy anything and anyone who threatens the peace of others.

However, Kiritsugu finds himself deeply torn between the love he has found for his new family - his wife Irisviel and their daughter Illya - and what he must do to obtain the Holy Grail. Meanwhile, Kiritsugu's greatest opponent appears in the form of Kirei Kotomine, a priest who cannot find any sense of fulfillment in his life and sets his sights on Kiritsugu as the possible answer to the emptiness he feels.

Anyone else watching this awesome series? It's animated by ufotable(Kara no Kyoukai) and the story done by Gen Urobochi(Madoka Magica)The second half of it will be airing in Spring April 7, 2012.

I haven't watched Fate stay night or played the visual novel yet but it doesn't seem to be that confusing for a prequel except for gender bent King Arthur, but is male in Fate/Prototype OVA.

Please put any Fate stay night spoilers in highlights or spoiler boxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IpTS2EU4ghA
^2nd season promo. Dat EKUSUCALIBA~

If you want to read the source material light novels:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
iskander/waver is best team `3`

Yeah, it's a great show with a lot of great characters and awesome dialog (and slick fights too).

I'd recommend that people watch the BD version of the show, as they add quite a few scenes that expand on what's going on and add even more personality to the show.

Esso

Fire Breaker
By the way, for anyone who has any doubts or question about the Holy Grail War there's this 10 min episode series called Fate/Zero: Onegai! Einzbern Soudanshitsu on Animeultima.tv. I only saw the first episode so far but it gave a pretty good explanation about what happened on the previous Grail Wars. Funny and worth checking out.

Esso

Fire Breaker
The one with Kiritsugu's youth being further explained? Man, that was rough. Did you notice the Cornelius Alba cameo in episode 18? He was in Kara no Kyoukai too.

Been liking how they've been making references to Dead Apostles from Tsukihime, I really hope ufotable gets to adapt a remake of that soon. Still need to play the Fate Stay Night(Realta Nua for extra stuff) visual novel before I can say I'd like them to adapt the Heaven's Feel route, which I hear to be the best of the 3 main routes of the game.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I did not notice that, actually. Was more focused on Kiritsugu.

And I have no knowledge of the visual novels or the Fate/Stay series in general save for this anime, lol

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
[video=youtube;Ql_bWLNPIjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_bWLNPIjo[/video]

This dub actually sounds really good. Kariya's voice is amazing.

I only wish the short clip included Kotomine.

Awards
I got into F/Z a bit late; just recently finished this show.

hbhgkhkj Riderrr. and Lancer. hotdamnlancer.

looking forward to the dub~!

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Aside from Japanese VAs being better than English VAs, the other reason why I refuse to watch this dub is that they completely missed the opportunity to give Saber a British accent.

Also, give me my Heaven's Feel dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back