• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fate of vanitas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think vanitas will return

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
And you consider that a "necessary" reason for his return? We would have been just as well off with a storyline in which he hadn't returned and Riku simply struggled with accepting his own darkness.

Any villain returning can almost immediately be classified as unnecessary. It doesn't automatically make it a bad thing, though.
In any case, considering that you have no idea how Vanitas could/would return, you're not really in a position to say whether it's necessary or not.

I never said that it would be a bad thing, but sure okay.

Awards
Let's put it this way.

If the heart is the identity of a person (the unique thing that makes you "you"), then in order for Ven to truly return, he needs that piece of his heart that was in Vanitas. If he were to simply gain a new piece to complete his heart, then he really wouldn't be the same Ven.
And I doubt hearts can be permanently destroyed. There has to be a way they can return.

While this doesn't necessarily mean Vanitas would return (as it could just be a matter of retrieving his half of the heart), I think it provides a basis by which he could somehow return.

Absolute

When did Ven give his heart to Sora at the end of BBS: right after Ven's fight with x-Blade Vanitas or after he was put into CO? I ask this because I was thinking what if just getting his light half of his heart back from Sora isn't enough to revive Ven. What if he needs his dark half to come back to complete his heart to be active instead of having Sora be a crutch for a lack of a better word? That could be a way for Vanitas to have to come back.

Either that, or Vanitas did survive the fight but only as a small trace and when Ven connected his heart back to Sora, Vanitas followed and just resided in Sora's darkness in his heart to heal himself.

Dcasd1

wait isn't it possible since ven's heart found sora that vanitas heart could have found another body too?

jawz

The retcons is a lie. Bringing back Vanitas = retcons

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
that sora must save and release all good chracter who were sealed,died, or etc. then whats wrong with bring back vanitas

No not all "good guys" just those who were in torment. Vanitas wasn't in any torment except for maybe the last 5 seconds of his life because he realized he was about to die. But that's not really "torment" compared to the other characters Sora would save.

Anyway, if they bring back Vanitas... it has potential to be great. I honestly believe Vanitas has potential to be the next main villain... but at the same time I worry he will share the same fate as Shadow the Hedgehog.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i really hope they bring him back i want see sora's reaction XD
exactly it be an epic battle but vanitas would destroy him it sook ven many tries to finally beat him

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If Sora has Donald & Goofy backing him then maybe Vanitas should have Maleficent & Pete as his party members. It's not like those 2 will ever amount to anything on their own at this rate.

Gosh, I'm can so picture a Vanitas spinoff game now.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
the thing is villain never work together in a battle they a cocky and fight to prove their worth, often leading to their destruction
how can there be 24 voter yet the poll is tied at 13 13

jawz

Uh, no? Another example of how people misunderstand that word.

You can't retcon shit that hasn't happened yet.

Oh but it will. If Vanitas doesn't come back, Ven doesn't.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
the thing is villain never work together in a battle they a cocky and fight to prove their worth, often leading to their destruction
how can there be 24 voter yet the poll is tied at 13 13
Vanitas was working for MX wasn't he? & None of the disney villains ever turned on each other before.

jawz

1. Why would that be?
2. Even if Vanitas does come back, how the heck would that be a retcon?

Vanitas and Ven are a whole like Yin and Yang sort of. Van being the darkness of Ven's heart and Ven being the light of Van's heart. Though true, it's not a retcon.

khconnect

I say we will return, not for the fact of yin and yang, but becuase no one ever dies in kingdom hearts. If you were to go through every main characters death, theres a good chance of a return. And by the looks of things, in KH3 or which ever game MX plans to reappear, Vanitas will be with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back