• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fate of a Memory [KH fanfic]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
(Hi. This is my first time actually writing down one of my fanfics because this one actually seems kind of promising to me. ^^ It’s kind of a proto-type, beta phase thing so constructive criticism is welcomed. Enjoy.)

Time Frame: Begins before the Legendary Keyblade War until the beginning of Birth By Sleep. However in the Epilogue it will tie in to events in KH1, KH2 and maybe other titles.
Main Character: Rea (pronounced: Ree-AH) the title character and most of it will be from his perspective. He is out-going, kind hearted, and heroic. He is a keyblade apprentice and his fate, unbeknownst to him, will light the sparks of events yet to come.
Appearance: Rea has the same face and body structure of KH2 Riku (which will be explained in later chapters). His hair is dark brown and shorter then Riku and is worn in a similar fashion to Terra from Birth by Sleep with the bangs having less hair and more pressed against the sides of his head. He wears a black skintight high collared shirt and over it a vest identical to Riku’s but replacing yellow shades with Red. He wears “hakama” like pants that are not too loose but they are dark blue(similar pants to Terra and Eraqus). His shoes bare a resemblance to and Aqua’s and Eraqus’ but the tips are less pointed and more round, that are gold and black. On his right hand his has on a black fingerless glove the goes about half way to his elbow. (Hope that was descriptive enough, he has similarities with the characters stated because he will be connected with them in later chapters.)
Keyblade: Cosmic Shard The blade of his keyblade is black, flat, and a bit wide. The teeth is formed by a golden heart decorated in crystal shards spiking out of the heart. The guard is gold, round, and also sports three crystal shards on each side. The guard itself doesn’t connect at the end of the handle. The end of the handle has a keychain in the shape of a heart that is black with a red outline with a crystal X over it.

Supporting Characters: Shiron (pronounced: Shy-RON) A part of Rea’s apprentice trio and Rea’s best friend. He is competitive, loyal, and will make an impact on Rea’s important decisions.
Appearance: His hair is a dark gray color and worn in a smiliar fashion of FF’s Tidus.

Kaiya the last member of Rea’s trio and is older by a year. She is the closest to becoming a keyblade master, but fateful events may prevent her from getting her chance. She has a similar appearance to Aqua except her hair is black and long. She wears it in a high ponytail that still comes to the middle of her back.

Fate of a Memory

Prologue

Light. The force that every heart cherished and basked in. It wrapped all hearts in warmth and happiness, everyone loved it. However…the Light was sought after by unsatisfied souls with the intent to keep it for themselves. Thus, the Darkness spawned from these impulses, like a plague. A plague that swept through the worlds and seeped into many hearts, consuming them, staining them in the foulest dark…in the midst of all this Chaos…a warrior holding a key of light appeared to contain the Darkness…to no avail. The Darkness was growing too fast. It was on the verge of covering all in darkness until…another warrior appeared holding a key of darkness. Together the key of Darkness and Light returned the balance between the worlds and put a stop to the darkness rapid growth.

Many years have passed since then and now there are many who hold keys. Keys of both light and darkness…but the original keys of the Light and Dark realms were sealed away in a place only known to the leaders of forces, the Master of Light, and the Lord of Darkness. Under them are many warriors who align themselves with light or darkness but both work together in harmonizing the worlds. Both Light…and Darkness.”

Chapter 1: The Start of Legends

The Castle of Stars. A castle with designs of hearts and chains everywhere. Stained glass windows filled every hall way. The hallways had dim light and the starry sky above shone brightly as the castle ceiling was glass. A quaint castle, large, subtle, and home to Rea. Rea, with his hands in his pockets, walked through the empty and large halls towards the main Throne Room. Out of a second hallway came Shiron, one of his best friends. “Hey, Rea?”, Shiron shouted running over to his fellow apprentice. “Did the Master say why he wanted us to go to the thrown room?”

Rea shook his head while closing his eyes, “Not a word. Sounded important too.” Rea replied taking his hands out of his pockets. They both stopped walking and stood in front of one of the many stained glass windows of this part of the castle. Rea folded his arms which is what he usually did when he was thinking. “Hmmm. Now that you mention it…something’s up.” Rea added with a smile.

Shiron put on an exaggerated face, “That’s what I’m saying! We’ve been on so many missions lately too! Deliver this. Patrol that. What are we even fighting against?” Shiron looked at Rea’s disturbed expression, “Ha Ha Ha! What’s the matter? I’m sure it’s nothing.” He reassured putting Rea in a head lock. Rea managed to get loose and the two began wrestling playfully.

“What are you two doing?!” said a female voice.

The two turned around and walking towards them was the last of their trio. “K-Kaiya.” The two boys said having each other in a head lock. She placed her hand in front of her lips as she giggled lightly. Rea and Shiron looked at each other before pushing the other away. They all broke out in a friendly laugh as they continued down the hallway towards the large double doors of the Throne Room. Shiron turned his head to Kaiya, “Hey, Kai. When you become Master, are you gonna leave us and get apprentices of your own?” Kaiya sighed thoughtfully, “Not if they’re anything like you two. I don’t know how the Master deals with it.” Shiron frowned, “Jeez. I don’t care what happens to ya anymore. I hope they’re a hand full for ya.” Rea and Kaiya looked at each other before laughing again. Shiron was unimpressed but the laugh was contagious. The doors got bigger and bigger with every step. “Don’t you two ever change.” Kaiya said almost as a whisper. Before the two could retaliate they were in front of the door and a loud chain noise filled the hallway.

Once the three were in front of the door they all stood erect as the door opened itself. Behind the doors was a man with long flowing brown hair and a large red coat with designs of stars on it. He just stood there and for a while the three felt awkward. Suddenly the man smiled, “You’re late.” He said softly relieving the stress. They all bowed in excitement, “Master!”

As the three apprentices entered the Throne Room they noticed they were not alone with their master. There was another keyblade master. This master looked old and was obviously battle scarred for he had scars on his face and his left eye was blinded. Rea looked at the master with curiosity who returned his gaze with one of obvious distaste. The master was muscular and wore a long black coat with armor on his torso. “Are these the ones you spoke of Zhane?” the Master asked in a deep and ghastly tone. Master Zhane looked at the other Master and nodded, “Yes. These are the ones I’ll be taking with me.” Master Zhane answered. The other Master shook his head, “…It is your funeral.”

Rea couldn’t contain his silence, especially after this so called Master insulted them. “Excuse me Master, but what exactly are you talking about?” Rea answered with a bit of attitude. The Master looked like he was going to answer but before he could answer, the shadows rose took form and forced its way into existence. “That is what I am talking about.”

Master Zhane fired a blast of light at the evil creatures. “Here too?!” he replied with obvious distaste. “Rea, Shiron, Kaiya.” The apprentices all summoned their keyblades in a flash of light, “Right!” As they attacked the creatures Rea noticed something was happening to him, there was a glimpse of darkness that omitted from his keyblade, just a glimpse. Rea looked to see if his friends were in any trouble Shiron was fine, having fun even. Kaiya, however seemed distracted, she looked as if she was struggling. She charged an attack on a large creature and for a moment…Rea thought her eyes had shone gold. Must have been his imagination. Using their training and swift keyblade attacks, they were able to fend off the creatures. They all returned their keyblades in victory. “Look out!” Shiron shouted to Rea. Rea quickly turned around to find a monster quickly coming for him. As it leaped in the air Rea closed his eyes…but nothing happened. Once he had opened them, the Master that had come, lifted up a giant black keyblade that resembled an axe, with chains wrapping around the blade. The keyblade faded in a cloud of black smoke and purple discharge. Master Zhane walked over to Rea and looked to the other Master. “Thank you…Master Daimos.” The Master turned to Kaiya who dared not look him in the eye for some reason. He continued to stare at her until he turned around and walked towards the door to leave the Castle, “We’ll be expecting you at the Horizon of Keys, Zhane.”

Rea ran for the door to go stop him from leaving but all he saw was a black void of darkness close in the courtyard. Master Zhane walked over to dark corner where there was still a speck of darkness, “Heartless.” Rea looked at Master Zhane and then back out the window where Master Daimos seemed to have disappeared, “H-Heartless?”

Shiron and Rea sat in the main Throne Room in their own respective chairs. They were to depart soon, but Master Zhane wanted a word with Kaiya before the left. The Throne Room doors opened as Master Zhane stepped out followed by Kaiya. She was hanging her head. Rea and Shiron stepped down from their thrones and walked over to them. “Ready to go?” Master Zhane asked as chipper as ever. Rea and Shiron both nodded. Master Zhane and Shiron walked towards the very door Kaiya and the Master walked out of. Kaiya caught Rea’s attention; she was still starring at the ground. He walked up to her and she shot her head up in surprise. “You okay?” Rea said giving Kaiya a smile, but she returned it with a weak smile that was forced and walked over to the others. “What was that all about…?”

Master Zhane stood in front of the facing the door. “Where we are going is a very important place…and we might not return home for a while. I’m will not force you to go. Do you still wish to come with me?” All three apprentices nodded. “Okay.” Master Zhane muttered to their response. He took out his keyblade, which was long and skinny. It had a white glow around it but the blade it self was black and looked as if the night was inside it for their were stars embedded on every bit of it. The teeth formed a star with a crown in the middle. Master Zhane lifted up his keyblade to the door, “The Light and Darkness of all Worlds… I hold the Key…Bring me to Your Door…Show me your Horizon.” As Master Zhane recited these words, a keyhole appeared on the Throne Doors and a light shot out from the tip of his keyblade unlocking the Door. “Walk through and don’t turn back.” He reminded. As he said this the door emitted an immense amount of darkness and the four ran through it.

Rea had been in the state of suspension before. It was portal to get from one place to another. Every minute felt like an eternity and the darkness was so immense you could taste it. After was seemed to be eternity the darkness was fading and all there was now was light. Blinding light. “Don’t stop! Keep going.” Zhane reminded. Rea kept on going but he heard a scream, it was Kaiya. He turned to see her in pain. “Kaiya!!” Rea shouted running back for his friend. Rea caught her just before she passed out. He placed her on his back and ran her through until they got to a door. A door similar to the one they had ran through back in the Castle of Stars.

Zhane quickly opened the door and on the other side was a sunset filled sky. Zhane turned to help his apprentices and was taken aback by what he saw. Rea’s eyes were yellow and black smoke was omitting from his face…but his eyes slowly began to fade back to their normal color and the smoke vanished. “Master?” Rea said shocking Zhane out of his stare. Zhane shook his head and picked up the unconscious Kaiya. “Come on. We’re here.” Zhane said. The world has an outrageously large castle under a sky that seemed permanently in sunset. The castle couldn’t even be completely seen from edge to edge unless you were miles away. Walking around were people dressed in similar attire as the Master and his apprentices. Some were very young some were very old. Some weren’t even human. Some looked suspicious and shady. Others looked friendly and welcoming. So many people that they couldn’t even be counted. Shiron stopped next to his master. “Uhm…Master…are they all…?” Shiron nodded, “Yes…they are all wielders of the Keyblade.” Rea walked next to his master and Shiron as Kaiya came to, “All keyblade wielders?” Rea muttered to himself. Zhane smiled as he put Kaiya down for she could walk on her own now. “Welcome to the Horizon of Keys.”

(That’s the beginning of it all so far hope you enjoyed it.^^)

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Thank you for reading! And thanks for the idea!

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I agree with Aqua. But, either way, it's very good. Nice details, and I really love the tie to KH, more so than other fics. Nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back