• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fate of A Hero: The Prequel to "The Road to Dawn"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Fate of A Hero

That was such a fun read, but poor Akira lol

Bellaisima358

is now a legit Black Belt in XMA.

Day 61
1000 Words

Akira sat on the beach, the sun setting on the horizon, the reds and oranges painting the sky. She wasn't wearing an organization coat. She was wearing the blue costume she had "borrowed" the day she and Roxas investigated her hometown.

How strange....

-----

She tossed in her bed, yawning. Her eyes were closed, no frowns tonight. The pitter patter of the rain outside is drowned out by the crashes of thunder.

-----

A sweet sea breeze tickled her face, and materialized from sand, a woman appeared ten feet beside her. Akira looked at her, mistified. She was chanting...almost like singing.

At first, only a small murmur escaped her lips. Her kimono, top white and bottom blue violet, rustled through the wind. Her hands held a bundle.

The humming grew louder, into words. The melody was hard to follow, but Akira tried to pay attention, cocking her head to the side in wonder.

"But still I swore, to hide the pain when i turned back the pages,
Shouting might have been the answer
What if I'd cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart
But now I'm not afraid to say what's in my heart...."

The bundle cooed. Akira widened her eyes. This was her mother. And the bundle...the bundle was her.

"Cause a thousand words
Call out through the ages
They'll fly to you
Even though we can't see
I know they are reaching you, suspended on silver wings
Oh a thousand words
One thousand embraces
Will cradel you
Making all of your weary day
They'll hold you forever-"

A man touched her shoulder, a green casual uniform on. Startled, her mother turned around. The man nodded. Misa looked at him solemnly.

"Sir Sairi is waiting in the ship, milady. The king and queen have sent their final regards." The man drilled. Misa bit her lip.

"A minute," She replied hastily, giving him a little glare. He nodded.

"Of course."

He left without another word. Misa turned back to the sea.

"A thousand words," She whispered. Misa closed her eyes, and the sand blown from the wind disintegrated with her. The tide pulled closer to Akira as she stared at the spot Misa had stood. Akira blinked, uncomprehending.

"No remembering, Akira," A girl's voice cooed toyingly. Akira looked around. She looked to her sides, then to the back. When she turned to the front, she jumped, falling on her back. She yelped.

A girl-that wasn't there before- with blonde hair and a white sundress stood before her. She did not face her, she did not look at her. Only her back side was visible.

Akira stared at her in awe, yet horror. WHO WAS THIS CHICK?

"You're going to forget, Akira." She said, her sweet voice rueful. "Please. Stop trying."

Akira's eyebrow went upwards. "How do you know my name? And who are you."

"Nami-"

----------

"WAKE UP PRINCESS IT'S TIME FOR NEWBY EXAMINATIONS!" A sour voice exclaimed in her ear. Akira screamed, jumping rolling out of her bed and landing flat on her face on the floor. A cackle behind her broke. Akira groaned.

"Xane, go away." Akira growled. She stood and brushed herself off, rubbing her eyes. Xane smiled.

"Not today, loser. You've got examinations."

Akira froze. "I have WHAT?"

"Your newby test. Your test of SKILL." Xane's face darkened. "The test to determine wether we keep you or not."

(THISH ISH THE SONG PEOPLE:YouTube - final fantasy X-2 1000 words english)

Aria

braver by the minute

aww i love the song! and omg i really want to know what's with her parents!!

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

Awesome Akira meets Naimine and....aw snap exams :( somethin is tellin me that something bad is bout 2 happen...

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!

*gasp* im last for once :/

lol nice song and chappy Bell BUTTTTTTon ;P

Bellaisima358

Day 61
Examinations
Part 1

"What? Keep me or not?!" Akira fumbled with the clothes in her drawer, searching for a cloak that actually fit her. The boys were gone, and Xane and Akira were alone in their room.

"Wait-how did you get in here?"

Xane shrugged as Akira rushed into the bathroom, fumbling with the black coat. She burst out, brushing her hair.

"So what goes on in the examinations?" Akira asked, putting on some shoes. Xane sat on Axel's bunk.

"Not sure. But Larxene said it's hard...'' She trailed off. Akira raised her eyebrow. Xane actually sounded...concerned.

"So is it true if you fail they-" Akira hesitated, "They get rid of you?"

Xane looked down a solemn look on her face. All that evil...that anger...was drained from her face. She seemed...down.

"Xane, you okay? No taunts?" Akira gave her an opportunity, standing before her with her hands on her hips.

"Oh shut up, princess," She recovered, "I'm kinda...scared, you know?"

Xane? SCARED? Akira supressed a smile.

"Why?"

Xane sighed. "And I thought you couldn't be an even bigger idiot." She stood to face Akira as well.

"I'm scared to fail. I don't...I don't wanna-" She couldn't finish her question. Akira froze. Thoughts from Xane's mind traveled to Akira's. Xane had taken the test before. She had experienced it firsthand. And she survived. Except the other-

"Wait...do you mean- No. They can't! They can't do that!" Akira took steps back. "I don't wanna do this! No!"

"Those who fail die, Akira," Xane shouted, cutting off Akira. She put her hands on Akira's shoulder.

"I don't wanna die." Akira whispered. Xane's lips pressed against eachother, unable to reply.

"You won't. Because we're going to have to work together to stay alive."

Aria

braver by the minute

:eek: Xane's not being a bitch... omg they're going to work together?? *mind is blown*

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

I really like the song choice for the first part of Day 61. It's such a beautiful song.
Day 61: Examinations is very interesting also.

Bellaisima358

Day 61
Examinations
Part 2

"No way am I working together with YOU." Akira pushed Xane's hands off her shoulders. Xane narrowed her eyes at her.

"Listen dirt bag," She said, her tone threatening, "It doesn't sound like the best idea, and yeah, I hate your guts. But guess what? You have a keyblade. And I have experience. You can put two and two together, can't you?"

Akira looked away. She chewed the idea over. Sure they could survive. Better yet, they could completely pass. But Xane wasn't trustworthy.

"Oh, so you don't trust me?" Xane flipped her blonde hair. She rolled her eyes. "Ugh. Fine. I swear on Kingdom Hearts that I won't backstab you."

As she said this, Xane put her hand behind her back. As she finished, she crossed her fingers.

Akira looked at her for a good, long, time, narrowing her eyes.

"Fine. I'm in."

Xane grinned. "Well then, hurry up. We're late." She put out her hand.

Akira hesitantly took it.

--------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back