• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Fantastic Four

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
personally, given all the stuff that went down behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if this movie turned out a mess, lol

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
First trailer was solid. Good sci-fi tone. I was keen. I had my fingers crossed for a First Class/Days of Future Past type deal. Newest trailer just makes it look like a piece of shit. I usually don't even care about CGI but the CG in that was piss poor. I don't expect it to be much good but I'm hoping it'll be better than I think.

You know​ they won't. It's the principle of the matter.

Weren't you seeing it tomorrow (in your time)? Still got two days til it's out in NA

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Interesting review. Makes me wonder which party is more responsible for this mess; Trank's erratic behavior or FOX's reshoots?

Oh shoot, I didn't hear about any reshoots. But okay, maybe there's an extended version in the works. I'm quite positive this will be the shortest super hero film ever.

In any case, me and a buddy are checking it out tomorrow night, so I'll have thoughts on it then.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I can say that the movie was less ridiculous than the other Fantastic 4 movies with Jessica Alba & Chris Evans. Unfortunately, unlike that movie, where I could at least see where the ridiculousness could be a plus for the movie, this movie just turns out to be lackluster in every way. Just when you think the movie isn't going to build up anymore and get to the plot of the film, you're wrong. This movie is all build up and little pay off, and I actually would enjoy watching the Alba one again if I was forced to pick between the two. At least that movie didn't make me slam my face into my hands for the whole movie going "why am I watching this? what is this going to build up to? will this ever get good?" At least I knew what I was getting. This, I know exactly what it is; a carbon copy superhero movie made for the public that makes the original source material "edgier" while trying to find actors that look like real people instead of the supermodels the last film had. Unfortunately, you don't have to follow Fantastic 4 canon when making these movies either, apparently.

P.S. Young Mr. Fantastic looks stupid. Isn't the real Mr. Fantastic supposed to be in his fifties, hence the streak of white in his hair? Gah, I don't care. Marvel fan boys can tear this movie to pieces all they want.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I don't get the "wow, this movie looks horrible. Hope they don't get a sequel. I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow, though" line of thinking. I really don't.

It's the same thinking of watching a train wreck. You just can't help but look at it

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I generally don't like pirating things at all unless there is 100% no other way I could watch it. If it's truly horrible, then oh well, c'est la vie I guess. You can enjoy the awful-ness with others and laugh at it together

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
You can hold an, 'I told ya so' when the box office numbers come out next week. Until then, nobody knows anything on what's to become of this film

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'm both disappointed AND relieved we were right. can't wait for MCU F4 announcement, that is, you know, if Fox gives it up. whaddaya say patcier21? ;)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh please, Ant-Man was the best comic film to come out this year.
better than kingsman the secret service? i'll have to see this. i'll bet they're both miles better than fantastic four tho.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
You can hold an, 'I told ya so' when the box office numbers come out next week. Until then, nobody knows anything on what's to become of this film
It comes out alongside Trainwreck here tomorrow. Based on the two weeks of advance screenings, Trainwreck is going to be the dominant choice this week. Don't expect Fantastic Four to do good numbers in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back