• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Fantastic Four

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: Fantastic Four 2015

To be fair it's not that hard too make a film better than the other two Fantastic Four movies so saying it's better isn't much of a testament.

Wait, didn't we have a thread for Fantastic Four already? I swear I remember discussing the movie somewhere else previously.

http://forums.khinsider.com/media-discussion/203335-fantastic-four.html

Yep, found it.

That said, I'll see it for Kate Mara. No other reason. If it ends up being a good film, great. If not, hoping it flops then so they can reboot it, again, correctly. Third time's the charm right?

Patricier21

From someone how has seen the Fantastic Four Reboot: "It is different enough. Closer to ultimate fantastic 4. It's worth it since the previous films sucked. All the actors did an amazing job.Right length and the film is more grounded."
also heard that #FantasticFour was the best Fox @Marvel film since #XMenDaysofFutrePast

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Re: Fantastic Four 2015

Give it a chance when it comes out it may surprise you. You will not know if you can get into it really until you actually see it

I'm not interested in trying it though. Nothing about it makes me want to waste money and gas to see it.
The closest theaters are over an hour away for me after all.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
From someone how has seen the Fantastic Four Reboot: "It is different enough. Closer to ultimate fantastic 4. It's worth it since the previous films sucked. All the actors did an amazing job.Right length and the film is more grounded."
also heard that #FantasticFour was the best Fox @Marvel film since #XMenDaysofFutrePast
lmfao its the only film. unless you mean kingsman, back the fuck up in that case. movie was awesome.

@incognito so wait until its on netflix in 6 months? my family hasn't seen a movie in theaters except to see the dark knight rises in 2012 (only three of us) and ang lee hulk way back when so i can't imagine the wait would kill anyone.

Blue Flash

I'm actually excited for this film. The cast is amazing and I trust Trank in the type of film he's making. Awesome writers as well, but I haven't been hearing the best things from production.

Patricier21

From an IMDB user:

"There was a Fantastic Four screening last night in Atlanta. It should be ok as long as I don't get specific. It was miles better than the previous 2 and also better than Ant-Man and Ultron. Everyone has a believable scientific explanation for their powers.

In the end it, covered beneath all the played out superhero save the world *beep* is a story about friendship (Reed and Ben)and family (Susan and Johnny) and how the two are sometimes inseparable. Trank wasn't kidding when he said it was inspired by The Fly, because the best part of the film is the 2nd act where their lives are changed and because of that the 4 have to learn stick together and developed a bond (Reed/Ben didn't like Susan/Johnny in the 1st act). The 1st act was great too! Introducing each members giving us their childhood background story which were sweet and touching.

Aaaaaand the 3rd act reverted to an interdimensional slugfest between the F4 and Dr. Doom. Which is something u've seen in countless other superhero movies

The VFX is unpolished. Looks outdated.

The dialogue ranges from soul piercing to laugh out loud bad.

The performances were great. Toby Kebell killed it.

The cinematography and a cool blue color grading fits the film.

The film's best parts are not the action scenes but the emotional ones."

As well, my uncle works for Fox. And he doesn't normally like superhero movies. But guess what? He said that this was actually pretty good. He said he liked this better than they first avengers movie and said it was what he was hoping for in the movie. He has read the comics growing up and said that a lot of the movies of not do the comics just I ecbut he said that this one was actually pretty well done. He also said that the reshooting, while they brought about a messy production were worth it in the end to make the movie the best it could be.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I have seen it and I think you will all be pleasantly surprised by it

Look, I was actually rooting for this film, but the more I see of it, the less I like. If it's good, then that's great, but I sincerely doubt it.

...am...am I being punked right now?

Well, as Stooge already mentioned on the last page, Patricier21 is seemingly a plant that's posting the same review on Reddit and at least one other forum...

The Fantastic Four Embargo Appears To Be Holding... For Now - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

We made it on to Bleeding Cool thanks to ^ this guy.

diddly the embargo. I've got tickets to the advance screening next Wednesday night. Timezones will make that like your Tuesday? So I'll have my thoughts around then.

... So make of that what you will.

EDIT: The embargo broke and the reviews so far all say this is terrible. Gee, what a shock.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=123618

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Look, I was actually rooting for this film, but the more I see of it, the less I like. If it's good, then that's great, but I sincerely doubt it.

Well, as Stooge already mentioned on the last page, Patricier21 is seemingly a plant that's posting the same review on Reddit and at least one other forum...

... So make of that what you will.

EDIT: The embargo broke and the reviews so far all say this is terrible. Gee, what a shock.

First Wave Of FANTASTIC FOUR Reviews Are In And It Sounds Worse Than Expected

Pretty much all of this. No one was really expecting this movie to be any good anyways, so it'd make sense for them to plant a guy claiming that it was good.

Honestly, while I agree that the last two Fantastic Four movies weren't particularly good, a part of me thinks that this movie is most likely going to be even worse. Every time I watch trailers for this, I just get this really weird vibe from it.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Pretty much all of this. No one was really expecting this movie to be any good anyways, so it'd make sense for them to plant a guy claiming that it was good.
First trailer was solid. Good sci-fi tone. I was keen. I had my fingers crossed for a First Class/Days of Future Past type deal. Newest trailer just makes it look like a piece of shit. I usually don't even care about CGI but the CG in that was piss poor. I don't expect it to be much good but I'm hoping it'll be better than I think.

I really need Disney to just prepare a blank check. Pls.
You know​ they won't. It's the principle of the matter.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
First trailer was solid. Good sci-fi tone. I was keen. I had my fingers crossed for a First Class/Days of Future Past type deal. Newest trailer just makes it look like a piece of shit. I usually don't even care about CGI but the CG in that was piss poor. I don't expect it to be much good but I'm hoping it'll be better than I think.

Nailed it on the head. This was exactly what happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back