• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Picket Please

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Fantastic-Beasts-And-Where-to-Find-Them.jpg

"The year is 1926, and Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident, were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt's fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds."

I saw this over the holidays and thought the movie was good. The special effects were well done, but some parts of the movie felt disjointed. I recommend seeing the movie.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I saw this movie sometime last weekend.

It was pretty good, despite some slow revealing plots. What's really great about this movie is the opening of it. I like how it still has that Harry Potter feel to it after that series came to an end. Furthermore, I like how the muggle Jacob has more personality to him despite being a side character. Like, I was actually made to care about this person. Of course, I do like Newt, but I like Jacob a lot more in the movie. I'll admit a lot of it was slow going, but that's probably best because, we're introduced to new characters and setting. And personally, Newt was hard for me to like as a character. I was only moved by him during one scene in particular. However, I don't like how we find out who the villain was by the trailer. And I won't name names who also wanted to point it out before I saw the movie. lol. Anyways, I'm hoping the new set of movies goes deeper into the wizarding world because, I can't imagine it being about beasts the entire series. Other then that, it still had that spark of magic to it.

This contains a legit spoiler.
And I like how Jacob and the blonde were left to interpretation at the end. It's kind of nice seeing characters not entirely be pushed into each other romantically for a change. Although, I do hope they end up together despite it being against the rules. And that Jacob has his memory back. Or that could be wishful thinking on my part.

If you're a fan of Harry Potter, it's definitely worth giving a shot to see.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I loved this. I didn't see it in theaters because it looked a bit boring and I thought for sure it was just Warner Bros wanting more money (and Rowling jumping in to write so they wouldn't put complete trash out that would be connected to her franchise). And I still think the latter's true, but thankfully I ended up really enjoying it.

All the different creatures were well-done (the niffler, bowtruckle, occamy, etc.), I loved all the characters (particularly Newt, who I like much better as a main character than Harry), and I found the Obscurus-Grindelwald plot interesting additions to the HP universe. My only gripe was Johnny Depp. I really hate that he took over the role from Colin Farrell.. There are a couple of spoilers about the sequel out there that make me excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back