• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► Fanfic/mangas Kindle Touch?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSailorEarth

So I was considering buying a Kindle Touch when they come out (or even the Kindle Fire) to use for reading. But the idea to also use it to comfortably read Fanfiction.net /manga websites also popped into my head. What do you guys think? IM afraid that it may be really clunky trying to use the Touch's web browser to read sites like that from having to center the images and all.

Or would it make more sense to get an Android tablet with axcess to the Android App store and get the mango app and use the web browser? I was just drawn in my the idea of the e-ink since most everything is in black and white anyway and (for me) it provides to most comfortable, authentic read.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
All iDevices sport a mobile version of Safari. With that being said, it's not clunky at all especially compared to other portable's (ie the PSP). Honestly, I use my iPod Touch more for internet access than I do. I've used it to read manga before and it was never annoying at all. If anything, you may have to zoom in to read some panels but its not a major problem.

Some sites offer a mobile version of their site which really aren't iDevice friendly, but you always have the option of choosing the desktop version.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, Android will be getting Chrome soon. So, if you want to fork out the money, you could go with an Andrioid Tablet (then you can download the Kindle app).
Or, an iTouch or iPad (ruling out the iPhone since you didn't mention phones) since they have Safari and the Kindle app also.
The Kindle Fire, though, looks really good. I might even try to get it.

It's really up your preference of OS, since each could do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back