• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fandom thing that is extremely funny to me! XD We're getting old

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Central Station

Does anyone else find it extremely funny that internet fandoms (fan art, fan fic ect) is old enough now that older fans in the fandom will reference things about how the fandom used to be and younger or newer fans- who may not have even been BORN yet when the older fans got into the fandom- get confused or surprised and the older fans will then tell them all about it? Like a grandparent telling the youngsters to gather round for a 'back in my day' story! XD

Like about how there were once INTENSE FLAME WARS about certain things in the fandom but that peoples opinions changed and now the fandoms attitudes on this thing are completely different. And how the new fans missed all this.

Or even just ship names, or terms that used to be used to describe things that weren't known yet (ex, BHK- blonde haired kid for when we didnt know who Roxas was, or how Unversed was mistranslated as Unbirths which caused months and months of theories of what that could mean, or the term 'Lemon' or 'Citrus Scale' in the fan fic community)

It's just kind funny to me that we've reached that point where the fandom feels like it has a history now that gets passed down.

I kinda feel bad for newer fans though who are just discovering these games- or anything really -where we older fans had it in it's hayday where everyone was talking about it and theorizing and stuff.

It's just not the same experience. 

Tempo

Awards
i frequently reference the "Kingdom Hearts The Stupid Files" series, that legendary "sora vs roxas live action" video, and the single greatest fanfic to ever exist, "Those Lacking Spines", online and at meetups, and the younger fans around me are always terrified. I live for being a KH grandma and regaling the kids with tales of glitching out of bounds at the end of kh1 vanilla, and "roxas that's a stick" (and the original dialogue in both DS games being way better in general), and all the shitty fake KH3 box arts floating around the web since 2006, and my days of unwaveringly defending Xion back when everyone still called her a mary sue. times were good

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*70 years from now*

Me: "Back in my day, fans theorized that Axel was Riku's Nobody and Aqua was Kairi's Unbirth."

Grandkids: "That's nice granny." *sends me to old folks home*

Central Station

*70 years from now*

Me: "Back in my day, fans theorized that Axel was Riku's Nobody and Aqua was Kairi's Unbirth."

Grandkids: "That's nice granny." *sends me to old folks home*

Does anyone remember the Kurix theory? That KH2 riku with a blind fold was a nobody and that was the name people gave him! XD

Central Station

I can remember so clearly theorizing what unbirths were. Thinking about them in school and people thinking it was either souls that never made it to their bodies (ie souls that never got to be born), or was the soul equivalent of a heartless. So somehow your soul was taken out and was corrupted and began to seek out and steal others souls.

Sometimes I wanna go back and look at these old theories, because so much has been filled in that sometimes I forget what it was like back when things werent known.

It's been such a great puzzle to line the pieces up.

Central Station

i frequently reference the "Kingdom Hearts The Stupid Files" series, that legendary "sora vs roxas live action" video, and the single greatest fanfic to ever exist, "Those Lacking Spines", online and at meetups, and the younger fans around me are always terrified. I live for being a KH grandma and regaling the kids with tales of glitching out of bounds at the end of kh1 vanilla, and "roxas that's a stick" (and the original dialogue in both DS games being way better in general), and all the shitty fake KH3 box arts floating around the web since 2006, and my days of unwaveringly defending Xion back when everyone still called her a mary sue. times were good

Xions, when in doubt give it a good whack!! XD

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hehe there's a lot of fun misconceptions and jokes in the community. It's funny to think that this fandom is now older than most of us were when we first played the games.

It's kind of fun thinking back to what we thought the Unversed might be or who Xion was, back when we thought she was a Nobody.

And like every long lived thing this fandom too seems to be a bit cyclical, so I'm sure we'll continue to have fun stuff pop up.

Guernsey

Awards
Sometimes I miss those days where we talk about shipping and stuff. It just feels so long ago....

Back