• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fan reviews for KH HD II.5 Remix -- Re:coded

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraForeverKH

I just finished watching all the theater scenes from Recoded yesterday and I must say, it was brilliant!When I first saw one of the new scenes on Destiny Islands 'My Island,' I was like, wow! And was in complete awe.
Everything about it was just displayed so beautifully!
It also had some touches of new experiences within it. Such as; Mickey conversing with Sora from outside the Datascape with Sora replying. Sora walking up to one of the bug blocks to give it a tap/knock, so funny! I just thought that was a fun action for Sora to be shown doing.
And...that was just the first new scene of Sora which was originally a reading scene in he DS version!
I really enjoyed the characters' new interactions with field objects and other people!
I was blown away by the beauty in the cinematic display of the characters. Their expressions were so good!
I really liked watching Data Sora visit the Disney Worlds and interact with the characters, like...Alice, Cheshire Cat, Hercules, Cloud and Genie. It was so awesome and very entertaining! And Alice couldn't have looked better!
Sora meeting the wish granting Genie was hilarious, too.

But while watching the scenes closely you start to really get this fresh feeling toward it. Especially if you've played all the games a ton of times and know the series. This was just full of surprises though!
Square Enix really did a good job with making the scenes resemble an actual movie/show. It was almost like, "Is this really a video game?!"

As for the few scenes where it displayed battles, SWEET! They looked so good! I just wish they had lasted longer, it seemed too brief to me. But, WOW! SE can definitely do it! I hope they use more scenes like that in future games. And in my opinion, I can definitely see potential for SE making KH a movie!

I think I speak for most fans of the series when I say the Sora and Roxas battle scene from KH II is still one of the best cutscenes in the series. The way they displayed the action and tension there was epic! So battling scenes are a must in upcoming KH games!

The voice actors did a five star performance! A big hand of applause to the cast!

I was really just drawn to the story and characters the entire time. I didn't want it to end! I absolutely loved it!

The only negative things I can say about it are just a couple little things... Like when the character's mouth didn't match with their words quite accurately. Cutting the scenes a tad too short; such as the battles. I mean, do not we all wish the battle with Data Sora and Roxas had shown a bit more? And maybe the scenes from C.O where it showed Sora silently interacting with all the characters from the cards...those became a bit old after while... Especially when you want to go back and watch those scenes of Sora and the mysterious figure aka Roxas. But other than that, GREAT!

I am so glad I avoided spoiling the story on the internet and waited to get the English game, too. I really got to enjoy the real experience to its fullest!

I easily give it 10 stars for its down right gorgeous HD display!

What were your thoughts...?

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
I recently finished watching it too! Re:coded was SO AMAZIGNG! It was all so new from what I've seen in other kingdom hearts titles. And the actos all did an outstanding job I thought. I'm ready to watch it all again. Especially the scenes with Riku and Roxas. I was kinda worried when I first heard Roxas, I didn't know why Jesse was making him talk
that way. But now I know he was just trying to make Roxas sound mysterious. I hope he wasn't thinking that fans wouldn't have reconized him. But later, he got better. Even though I read the scenes in the DS version, I still didn't know what was going to happen next. Maybe it had just been a long time since I watched the original version. But it definately changed my thoughts on Re:coded. It used to be on the bottom list of my favorites, now I love it as much as the rest of them!

I'm playing BBS Ven's story right now, and it looks pretty cool. Aqua looks a lot different in it too. This game is going to last me a lot longer than 1.5, so I'm happy!

I've seen some of kingdom hearts 2 and I can see a huge difference!

SoraForeverKH

I'm going to go out on a limb when I say you must be a big Riku fan (Riku KH.) Haha! As you can tell, I am a huge Sora fan, myself. Sora was so awesome to watch in recoded! I almost forgot he was a data version of him.
Riku and Roxas were superb! I enjoyed all the characters. Including Pete! Lol

Because KH II has always been my favorite KH game in the series I was so excited to start on KH II FM right after watching Recode! It looks wonderful! And I was so excited when I saw the first new scene about the Organization in Roxas' story in Twilight Town.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
The good:

* Animation is great. There were pretty much no instances of "lip lock".
* Disney actors deliver, especially Hynden Walch as Alice
* Pete gets some character development, even if he is progressively becoming more and more heinous.
* The Roxas scene was awesome, Jesse is still amazing.

The bad:

* Horrendous, clunky dialogue at times that felt out of character. Hearing Sora say "It lets me know that what I have lost is crucial" is just so awkward. It felt like George Lucas wrote the script sometimes.
* Not even in the new scenes does Bret Iwan sound like he's into it.
* Very repetitive story. Sora spends a reunion scene thanking Donald and Goofy for their loyalty and friendship. Next scene, he's thanking them again for friendship. I sat down to watch the whole thing and I fell asleep by Castle Oblivion.
* Nothing too unique about this game until the ending and secret endings. Same worlds, same characters.
* The fact that Birth by Sleep's secret ending made it clear what Mickey's letter was about removes any meaning behind the reveal of what he actually wrote, after it was a big cliffhanger in KH2.
* All the promise of animating fight scenes here was often just Sora hacking at a Heartless and being done with it.

3/10.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
The way Jesse can use his voice is amazing! My favorite line from the Re:Coded movie was this line "It's way past time that you know what real hurt feels like!" Quite possibly my favorite line in the series. His voice almost sent chills down my spine. I have a huge soft spot for Ven and Roxas because of everything they've been through, and in that one line, the emotion in Jesse's voice tells you everything Roxas has been through. Simply amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DAdqLQeXQ 2:10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back