• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fan Fiction Suggestions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Well, I really think that this section should be divided up into catagories now (Original, Kh fiction, other fictions, etc.) Because I've just read a few great stories, and commented on some. Its sad to see how they were over ran and never read by people who just out and post their stories not even planning to finish, just trying to get a thread with a high post count. Which blocked out these other good ones.

So all I'm saying is that I'll help if this idea is decided to be used.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I see what you mean acien, I didn't plan on finishing "Another Story" until I had a great Idea, which didn't come till about 3 months after chap 7...whcih the finisher is chap 8...I don't know if it's still visable on the FF section though, mighta been died pretty bad...

giuocob

So...there's a pretty nice tableau of suggestions here, and the summer's almost up. Are any of these going to happen?

Masamune

Big Boss
for those of you who read my fan-fic: I'm sorry i haven't updated in a long time, I've developed a severe case of the writers block xD

hope to update soon tho.

Joy

Bronze Member
Nothing really finishes though, so adding another section would just be a waste. D=

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Well....some stories do.....mine is.(going to finish)

for those of you who read my fan-fic: I'm sorry i haven't updated in a long time, I've developed a severe case of the writers block xD

hope to update soon for those of you who read my fan-fic: I'm sorry i haven't updated in a long time, I've developed a severe case of the writers block xD

hope to update soon tho. .

Wait, what?

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Nothing really finishes though, so adding another section would just be a waste. D=
meh? I've seen a few, if mods won't make extra sections, they need to hire new ones, but not fire the old ones, they're doin' a nice job.

anyways, no one isn't going to partake in the collab, cause of school...I would love to try though, if I could

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
A contest is a very good idea. I think people should be given a theme to write on, to prevent them from using old work etc. Besides if you're given a theme then you're not ready to write until it's given, so it really tests the writer's skill.

Or maybe categories of somethin' as long as people don't recycle old stuff.

Also...

I read GoH previous post, and she's right.

I've been a member literally since the site started, in fact I'm like the third member to join, and I've watched this section grow. I have seen some amazing pieces of literature here.

Lately however this has started to change, and it's one of the main reasons I barely post anymore.

Most Fics now are not only illiterate, but the "chapters" are no more than five sentences strung together.

If a contest might bring out more in this section, then it's worth a shot, because I'm tired of seeing Fic's without an ounce of plot. Fic's that rely only on the fact that a popular character is in it to survive.

As for contests not being about awards and who wins...

Half true

The motive for joining a contest is twofold:

-To compete and test yourself

- To learn

To some degree winning is a goal, however, if you're an insufferable wanker who fails to realize that the other reason to compete is to test your own weaknesses against other writers, and improve on them, then you shouldn't enter a contest at all.

Last edited:

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Can I say "Highschool"

Do I win?! Can I have my prize?

anyways, just pointing it out, I'm gonna be a freshman, take that as an example

I'm also gonna be a freshman......and even in high school, homework ain't that bad.....if you pay attention in class; so no, you gets no prize.

A contest is a very good idea. I think people should be given a theme to write on, to prevent them from using old work etc. Besides if you're given a theme then you're not ready to write until it's given, so it really tests the writer's skill.

Or maybe categories of somethin' as long as people don't recycle old stuff.

Also...

I read GoH previous post, and she's right.

I've been a member literally since the site started, in fact I'm like the third member to join, and I've watched this section grow. I have seen some amazing pieces of literature here.

Lately however this has started to change, and it's one of the main reasons I barely post anymore.

Most Fics now are not only illiterate, but the "chapters" are no more than five sentences strung together.

If a contest might bring out more in this section, then it's worth a shot, because I'm tired of seeing Fic's without an ounce of plot. Fic's that rely only on the fact that a popular character is in it to survive.

As for contests not being about awards and who wins...

Half true

The motive for joining a contest is twofold:

-To compete and test yourself

- To learn

To some degree winning is a goal, however, if you're an insufferable wanker who fails to realize that the other reason to compete is to test your own weaknesses against other writers, and improve on them, then you shouldn't enter a contest at all.

The chapters in my story is more than 5 sentences strung together....I try to make them all at least 3 pages long on word......

I agree, a lot of fics do try and use and abuse Sora and co. (sometimes others) to a point where it gets old......Also your insight on a contest does make it sound like a very good idea.

Last edited:

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I'm also gonna be a freshman......and even in high school, homework ain't that bad.....if you pay attention in class; so no, you gets no prize.
man, I don't win...ah well, I can do good in school, if I try hard enough, I'll try getting all work done, IN SCHOOL so don't forget me when ya make the contest, I'd love to be involved, if ya want. Doesn't matter really

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
The chapters in my story is more than 5 sentences strung together....I try to make them all at least 3 pages long on word......

Sorry, I didn't mean your Fic in particular (I try not to mention names, so as not to get peple mad)

I mean the majority.

Check a bunch of the Fics on the first page, and you'll see what I mean. That however doesn't mean all of them are lke that, there's some good writing out there.

Also. don't get too hung up on my length comment, because what's worse than a fic that's too short?

That's right kids, one that's too long!

Size is only releveant if you take it too the extreme, meaning too little or too much, but frankly,
originality and writing skill is a more important issue.

Because I'd rather read a short but well written and intriguing chapter, than five pages of pointless scenes of Sora skipping to my loo.

Last edited:

I agree, a lot of fics do try and use and abuse Sora and co. (sometimes others) to a point where it gets old......Also your insight on a contest does make it sound like a very good idea.

Yes, 3 pages is a goal for a fanfiction, for me, at least. Normally it doesn't work out, though.

and about abusing characters, well, sometimes fanfiction actually have characters that are from something else.

In mine fanfic, I try to bled together. but, you know, it never works very well.

Now, I will once again agree that a contest is a good idea.

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Sorry, I didn't mean your Fic in particular (I try not to mention names, so as not to get peple mad)

I mean the majority.

Check a bunch of the Fics on the first page, and you'll see what I mean. That however doesn't mean all of them are lke that, there's some good writing out there.

Also. don't get too hung up on my length comment, because what's worse than a fic that's too short?

That's right kids, one that's too long!

Size is only releveant if you take it too the extreme, meaning too little or too much, but frankly,
originality and writing skill is a more important issue.

Because I'd rether read a short but well written and intriguing chapter, than five pages of pointless scenes of Sora skipping to my loo.

I know...I was just saying.....3 pages is pretty average anyway.

And yeah....a long boring chapter is bad....especially when some one is trying to re-write the events of kh but adds there chracters in it. But, a long oringinal story can be good, if its wrote right...

Yes, 3 pages is a goal for a fanfiction, for me, at least. Normally it doesn't work out, though.

and about abusing characters, well, sometimes fanfiction actually have characters that are from something else.

In mine fanfic, I try to bled together. but, you know, it never works very well.

Why doesn't it work out so good?

My story is mostly (80%) original.....so it takes a lot of story element to hold mine together....but the people like it.

Why doesn't it work out so good?

My story is mostly (80%) original.....so it takes a lot of story element to hold mine together....but the people like it.

Well, lot's of times mostly only KH characters appear, or clones or robots based on KH characters. So, in reality, I only have 2 or 3 original characters.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com

Meh, 6 pages for me...

fffiiiillllleeeerrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back