• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fan Fiction Suggestions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
I agree Every Heart; but really that can't be helped....this isn't the most exciting forum. Plus; some people don't take the time to read any fan fic; they'll just read the ones they know about then leave.

And there was this one time 50 guests were looking at this forum at one time.

giuocob

But first of all...it would be easy to have a preliminary 'best story' contest on the forum. I suggest this because of how simple it is; it requires no work. First of all, people would nominate which fics they think should win. Then those fics would be voted on, and whoever gets the most votes wins.

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
(I would be willing to do this if you wish. My story recieved good ratings, &, if I have the opportunity, I shall continue it. However, I am willing to volunteer.)

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
But first of all...it would be easy to have a preliminary 'best story' contest on the forum. I suggest this because of how simple it is; it requires no work. First of all, people would nominate which fics they think should win. Then those fics would be voted on, and whoever gets the most votes wins.

Thats sounds great.....now all we need is: A thread that holds the poll on it; and Takushi's permission.

I would also like to be in this contest.

I

The Show Must Go On

So that would mean a contest involving fics that are posted on this forum already? That does sound like a good idea, but we also have to realise that there are a lot of people who come on these forums, write fanfictions, but do no post them here nessicarily (for various reasons - excessive language, lemons, etcetera). I myself fall under this category, and I know a lot of other people who do as well...

I still think Snowy-chan's earlier idea was pretty good - for everyone who wants to enter to write a one-shot fic, then have a group of people judge and decide who is the best (ie- first place, second place, third... so on and so forth)... of course, I'm sure the judges would have to be impartial, and probably wouldn't be able to enter.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa
I keep all my stories on FFNet, with possible exceptions of the four Kingdom Hearts fanfics I have here and the soon to be four Pokemon fanfics on Serebii.

If we have a contest, or a award ceremony for that matter, it should only be for fanfics on this site. Makes things so much easier and less complicated.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
This may be rather late, but, Rena, I'd always be happy to help out with any threads and directories to be started

Also, I don't think this was said, but, a Tips sections. That way if people are struggling writing their fan fictions or prose, they can ask for help there or a skilled writer (snowdog, Deeman, etc) could post a well thoguht out tip.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
...I haven't really visited this section in a while, but...

If you're going to try to attempt some HUGE collaboration thing, you're going to have to work hard and map out the WHOLE story before you actually post it. Otherwise, one author takes a huge plot twist, and people just get fed up. Happens.

Anyway.

I kinda gave up on this section, but I guess it's worth the revival.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
No, the real problem with the authors who write nowadays is that they all care more about how many people are reading their fics than they do about what they're writing.

xP Leading to all fanservice and no real plot. I mean, the examples are right on this page! Shameless advertising, contests, and the worst part:

Awards.

The awards are stupid. If you're good, you'll know it. But these are just an excuse for everyone to get a "Mitch" or "Paul" or whatever you guys are calling it so they can feel better about themselves. Not to mention it's a popularity contest. Awards don't help a fanfiction section.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa
No, the real problem with the authors who write nowadays is that they all care more about how many people are reading their fics than they do about what they're writing.

xP Leading to all fanservice and no real plot. I mean, the examples are right on this page! Shameless advertising, contests, and the worst part:

Awards.

The awards are stupid. If you're good, you'll know it. But these are just an excuse for everyone to get a "Mitch" or "Paul" or whatever you guys are calling it so they can feel better about themselves. Not to mention it's a popularity contest. Awards don't help a fanfiction section.

I was kinda kidding and the Mitch and Paul thing.

Anyway, I am disappointed with that as well. Everyone acts like they care more about how many replies they get to a fanfic rather than just writing it. Sadly, I'm no exception, but at least I don't let it stop me.

To be honest, I don't really matter too much about awards. Last year, I got one award in roleplaying. Did it make me feel better about myself? Yeah, for a few days. Then it's like, who cares anymore.

Also, I don't think this was said, but, a Tips sections. That way if people are struggling writing their fan fictions or prose, they can ask for help there or a skilled writer (snowdog, Deeman, etc) could post a well thoguht out tip.

Your good idea distracts me from strangling you for not mentioning my name, or better people like thelonepickle and GuardianofHearts. (Then again, you added etc.)

Point is, that's actually a pretty good idea Frozen Fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back