• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fan Fiction Suggestions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...I believe some of you might hate me. :[ I don't even know for sure, but I don't doubt it one bit. xD; */guilt trip*

HELLO THERE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE FAN FICTION SECTION. I know that this section is not in the greatest condition and I'm here to help! [And you can kick me for that, too. Yes, I've been focusing a whole lot on the RP section and I completely admit that. :<] I want all your ideas, suggestions, etc. so I can help this section out. I also need an idea of what's going on with the section as well, because I can't do a thing until I actually know what needs to be done. xD;

First things first: anyone mind giving me an idea of what condition the section is in? I've tried to ask a couple of people, they said they would talk to me in IM, but... well... I haven't really heard much from them. 8D; So, give me that first and I'll start doing what I can at the moment.

Secondly, I have to clear this up: everyone in this section can PM me or report posts and I would greatly appreciate it if I actually got something from people when problems come up. They DO come up and I am always online, so I'll always be there to help when they randomly pop up! If your thread is being spammed, report it to me or just send me a PM. I'll be more than happy to help out! ^^ This also goes for problems like... spoilers [That's happened before, and I mean spoilers for things in the fan fiction, not spoiling people... yeah.], flammers, spammers, etc. Just let me know, okay? This gets neglected in a LOT of places and I rarely get anything. So, if you have PMed me or reported something, thank you so much for doing that. Everyone else, HOP TO IT. xD;;

Lastly, it's idea time! I have a couple ideas of things to do in the section, but... we seriously need some discussion on it. These also popped up in another suggestions thread in another section *coughroleplaycough*, but now there's a place to actually talk about it. Here's the ideas:

Original story section: Yes, we're in a Fan Fiction section, but not everything in this section is actually 'Fan Fiction'. Rather than neglect the original prose that pops up in the section every so often and leave it to be piled under KH fan fiction.
Fan Fiction directory: This is another way to keep good stories from being piled under popular fan fics and new ones. But, I have to clear up something first... If this is created, I'M NOT DOING IT. That's wayyyyy too much work for one person. xD;; If this is created, then someone else will have to take care of it and I'll help out with it.
Some sort of contest: What's everyone think about a general KH fan fiction contest over the summer? This, of course, would be open to anyone and everyone and might even be posted on the main KHI page, so I don't expect a small amount of people for something like that. This would be a good way to boost activity, if needed.

If you have other ideas, then just post them and start discussing! I'll be on here and I'll reply to all of them as well.

...Um. DISCUSS TIME. xD;

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Well.....first; I didn't really even know this thread was in dire need of help.

Second: Its not that much of a problem with spam posts....and I have not seen any flaming.

Thrid:That would be a good idea...but I don't know who will sit there and do all that XD

Fourth:A contest would be great.

Otherwise it is in pretty good shape; but sometimes there is a lot of spam on fic threads that people like. But its pretty active and I really don't see a giant problem anywhere.(if there even is one)

Silent Avera

Night Pirate Graphic Lemonade Maker
Well, let me volunteer myself for that fanfiction directory thing (Oh what I have gotten myself into:bored:)

But anywho, I've been a bump on a log lately, so yeah, I could help out ^-^ Let me know about it okay?

Also, a contest would be great! ^-^ Will it have different sections? Like Drama, Comedy, Sad, or something?

T

Tyler Durden

Rena... get an AIM screen name. Now. I will talk to you on there, or you could enter the KHI chat, and we can discuss this.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hmms. I thought this section was alright, to be honest! =D

Although, I agree with the idea of having a seperate section for Original fictions.

A contest? Hmm. What about giving one theme, then paricipants write a oneshot on it? Then they can be voted for?

<3

giuocob

Hmms. I thought this section was alright, to be honest! =D

Although, I agree with the idea of having a seperate section for Original fictions.

A contest? Hmm. What about giving one theme, then paricipants write a oneshot on it? Then they can be voted for?

<3

I really like this idea. Motion seconded.

I

The Show Must Go On
I'm in this section quite a lot, and I too don't think this section is really that bad. Yes, at times, you do get the occassional spam thread where the fic writer has practically abandoned their fic for a large amount of time and then you get this whole thirty-some pages of people posting some of the most random stuff in the world... then it gets out of hand... but other than that, it's fine.

I agree with Snowy-chan <3 A one-shot contest sounds much more fair than an entire fic contest.

Joy

Bronze Member
I'd very much love a general fan-fiction KH contest.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa
This is my favorite section, (more wellknown here as well), so I'll be glad to help.

If you do a contest, are you giving out any awards? If the RP Section award is called a Steve, what would this one be called, a Mitchell? Or maybe a Paul?

Step right up people, you may be lucky enough to win a Paul! Why get a Steve when you could get a Paul?

Yeah, that will get people flocking faster here and away from the rp section...

Last edited:

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa
Well, besides the fact that you spelled "Bartholemew" wrong, as far as what the catogories would be in it might be something like this:

Best Author(Fanfic and Original):
Best Fanfic Author:
Best Original Author:
Best Male Writer:
Best Female Writer:

Best Comedy Writer:
Best Romance Writer:
Best Drama Writer:
Best Horror Writer:
Best Supernatural/Sci-fi Writer:
Best Suspense/Mystery Writer:
Best Tragedy/Angst Writer:
Best Action/Adventure Writer:
Best Poetry Writer:

Best Humor Story:
Best Romace Story:
Best Drama Story:
Best Horror Story:
Best Supernatural/Sci-fi Story:
Best Suspense/Mystery Story:
Best Tragedy/Angst Story:
Best Action/Adventure Story:
Best Poem:

Best Kingdom Hearts Story:
Best Kingdom Hearts Writer:
Best Hero Story: (Typical story where the good guy wins or from hero's point of view)
Best Villian Story: (Story where the bad guy wins or from villians point of view. Example: Organization XIII centered fics)
Best Series:
Best Remake/Rewrite:
Best Finished Story: (This story is completely over)

Best Grammar/Spelling Correct Author:
Best Newbie Writer:
Most Improved Writer:
Greatest Influence:

Loosely based on the roleplaying one, but with added features.

Last edited:
Well, besides the fact that you spelled "Bartholemew" wrong, as far as what the catogories would be in it might be something like this:

Best Author(Fanfic and Original):
Best Fanfic Author:
Best Original Author:
Best Male Writer:
Best Female Writer:

Best Comedy Writer:
Best Romance Writer:
Best Drama Writer:
Best Horror Writer:
Best Supernatural/Sci-fi Writer:
Best Suspense/Mystery Writer:
Best Tragedy/Angst Writer:
Best Action/Adventure Writer:
Best Poetry Writer:

Best Humor Story:
Best Romace Story:
Best Drama Story:
Best Horror Story:
Best Supernatural/Sci-fi Story:
Best Suspense/Mystery Story:
Best Tragedy/Angst Story:
Best Action/Adventure Story:
Best Poem:

Best Kingdom Hearts Story:
Best Kingdom Hearts Writer:
Best Hero Story: (Typical story where the good guy wins or from hero's point of view)
Best Villian Story: (Story where the bad guy wins or from villians point of view. Example: Organization XIII centered fics)
Best Series:
Best Remake/Rewrite:
Best Finished Story: (This story is completely over)

Best Grammar/Spelling Correct Author:
Best Newbie Writer:
Most Improved Writer:
Greatest Influence:

Loosely based on the roleplaying one, but with added features.

Yeah... That is a good idea......

giuocob

^There's a WHOLE LOT of criteria there...it could probably be narrowed down a bit, but most of those ideas are pretty good.

giuocob

Also, another slight variation to that idea...you could hold a fanfiction triathalon of sorts. That would involve each participant writing three short one shots on different topics. For example, one on general adventure, one on romance, and one on battle, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back