• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fan Fiction Etiquette: MOD FLAMMIT, USE IT!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
HEY.

YOU THERE. Think you got brains? Think you got guts? Think YOU got a storyline? THINK YOU GOTTA LIFE? >_> THINK AFREAKIN'GAIN! I've seen WAY too much audacity in this section lately. Especially since I think I spelled "audacity" wrong. >_>

Ahem. Now, for the usual intro.

From the geniuses who didn't bring you:

Snakes! On a Plane

Comes a new thread about Fan Fiction
in:

Now in astounding technicolor!

Doesn't that make baby happy?

By: Thelonepickle (whose name STILL has ONLY ONE capital letter, fools)

Now. If you want me to compliment your writing, press "End."

FAN FICTION RULES. THE DO'S AND DON'T'S AND MORE CLICHES.

>_>

1. Do NOT post a bio for your characters before you post your chapter. You should be describing the character IN your chapter, not before. Have you seen books where people do that? I haven't. Maybe a short intro, yeah, but NOT THAT. >_> THAT STINKS.

2. Do NOT post linkage to a picture of your character - especially if it's one you stole or drew badly. Same reason as above rule.

3. RENT PWNS J00. This rule is my favourite.

4. Read the mod flam rules. They're there for a reason. You shouldn't post script style unless it's a comedy fic, and things like that.

5. No lemons. Gotta stress that nowadays.

6. Don't insult people who give you critique. YOU ASKED FOR IT WHEN YOU POSTED THE MOD FLAM FIC.

7. No, GoH, you may not piggy-back on this idea, sweetie. =3 o.o; This rule is just for GoHzie. XD And it's kidding.

8. There's a reason "Mod" rhymes with "God." Obey them.

9. Common courtesy: CLOSE YOUR THREAD WHEN YOU POST YOUR FINAL CHAPTER AND HAVE HAD ALL OF YOUR FANS COMMENT ON IT. Super Bumping is stupid.

10. SUPER BUMPING/REVIVING COMPLETED FICS IS STUPID. DO NOT DO THAT. IF A FIC HAS LONG SINCE FINISHED, PM THE AUTHOR ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU LIKED IT. Don't be freakin' bumpin' it or asking, "WHEN J00 GONNA UDPART?!?!?!??!"

11. Research grammar and don't be afraid to ask for help.

12. Reply and critique, compliment and such, but don't overkill. It's fine to bump a thread once in a while, but, "ZOMG WE ISH NOT ON TEH FIRST PAGE WE MUST BE OF TEH BUJMP!!1" is not good. Sometimes, like Tao has pointed out, we get four to five pages of spam per chapter. >.<

13. Post here if:​
  • You have a fan fiction Pet Peeve, so that I can add a rule addressing it here.​
  • You need clarification on something.​
  • You wanna gimme congrats and call me a good little veggie.​
  • You think I've missed another rule.​
So. We good?

GOOD. Now, post children. =3

Because posting is gud.​

Last edited:

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
Oh ehm eff gee! What a good little Pickley you is bein' Pickle! There's not gonna be any space left in the sticky section by the time you and Amme are done! But that's a good thing. I be proud of you. Good job with this, Pickle. Veggies, FTW!

Thelonepickle said:
WHAT A HELPFUL, CRUNK CHILD! :DDD

My thoughts exactly.

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
:D -gives Pickle Angel's drumsticks- With great power, comes great responsibility. Obey the all knowing cucumber! >:3

-showers said veggie in RENT merchandise- =D

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
._.

-takes merchandise and worships drumsticks-

YOU WILL ALL LIVE IN MY PYRAMID WITH ME IN THE AFTERLIFE!1sarcophagusdflsdu!1

._. Any rules I've forgotten, my children? o:

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Umm... Try not to get too off topic if you post in a thread. It's okay once in awhile, but not so many posts that there barely is any chapters? An example if someone had only posted one chapter and it has 4-5 pages of reviews or such?

... I'm brain dead... Sorry that I couldn't be of help! And sorry if this was already a rule somewhere else that was posted!

Chaotic_Countess

Website
www.freewebs.com
-gasp-

What's this? Chaos has wandered into the fanfiction section?

Anyway. Luffly, Pickle. Every fourm I've been to has had a fanfiction section. Has anyone ever decided to post some etiquette.

No.

The only thing I would add is use spell check.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Chaotic_Countess said:
The only thing I would add is use spell check.

I'll add on to that: After spell checking, proofread. Proofreading is your hot whore-ish lover.

Poor little pickle,
where's your jar?
You're in Fan Fiction
It's not that far.

Thank yees for such topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back