• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu PSP+PS3 Special and Interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
I've snagged the more info from ReBirth Wings for you again! She's posted up the latest from Famitsu PSP+PS3. This time it's more info on style changes, D-links, and another short interview from Nomura!

Famitsu PSP+PS3 KH:BbS Special + Interview

--”An exciting battle system”

Talking about BbS’s new system: This time we will be revealing more about the second level of the Command system, and the D-LINK (Dimension Link) system that has been a mystery up until now.

--”There are two levels of Command Styles”

When the Command gauge reaches MAX, and you’ve fulfilled the requirements, your Command Style will change. If the gauge fills up a second time, and again when you’ve fulfilled the requirements, you will change to the high level Command Style. In Terra’s case, the first level is called “Fatal Mode”, where in his Finish move him jumps up high and then slams the keyblade into the ground. The second level is called “Rock Breaker”, where floating rocks hit all the enemies in the area for the Finish move. For Ven, his first level is “Speed Rave”, where during his Finish move he attacks several times, and then attacks with a radiating beam of light. The second level is called “Cyclone”, where he uses a spin attack against all enemies in the area.

“An explosive Finish move!”
“You can change into a stronger second level Style!!”
“Riding the light!”
“A Command Style that’s almost like a Tornado”

--”Borrowing your companion’s power with the Dimension Link!”

Once the D-LINK gauge is full, you can activate the “Dimension Link”, where you can borrow the power of Disney characters that are your friends. When activated all of your Deck Commands will change to special moves, and you can perform special Finish moves based on how many Symbols you’ve collected. The characters you can borrow powers from will increase as you play the game. This time we’ll be introducing #626 (Stitch) and Cinderella.

#636 (Stitch) 1 Symbol = Shotgun, 2 Symbols = Spaceship
When you have 0~1 Symbols, you can activate “Reflect Beam”. If you press the button that appears on the screen at the right time, a beam that can reflect objects will appear. When you have 2 Symbols you can activate “Ohana Beam”. Buttons will go from right to left, and if you’ve hit them all a sound wave will come from the a ukulele and attack your enemies. It seems you can use both at the same time. The Commands you can use are mostly Thunder-types. “Thunder Blitz”, “Stun Blade”, and “Esuna” are the first ones you get. Also, there are effects when you are in D-LINK, with 1 Symbol giving you an “Attack Up”, and 2 Symbols giving you “CP x 2”.

“You can connect to Stitch via D-LINK”
“Get two Symbols”
“Get more power by being succesful!”

-- Cinderlla (1 Symbol = Tiara, 2 Symbols = Glass Slippers)
When you have 0~1 Symbols you can activate “Dream Sparkle”. Raise enemies up into the sky by a magic light. At 2 Symbols you can activate “Dream Waltz”, where you will spin making a magic vortex. With either one, when you’re suppose to start the Finish move, the Carriage will appear. Pressing the button at the right time is important. It seems there are a lot of moves particular to Cinderella? Just by the screenshots I can se “Fairy Cure”, “Fairy Step”, “Wish Turn”, and “Wish Shot”. With “Wish Turn”, you gather power and then release it in a spin attack.

“With Cinderella!!”
“When you Link there are special Deck Commands”

-- Comment from co-director Yasue:
“We’re coming up on the final stage of development, and now we’re able to see the game as a whole. Even the developers are surprise about just how much we’ve put into this game. Many different ideas have become reality, and it’s like we’re combining chemicals with all these new systems that we’re trying out here. We’ve only just begun introducing the new game system and worlds to you. And we’re going to continue introducing more of the game to you soon, so wait for it!”

Nomura/Yasue Interview

-- So Terra’s clothes are red, Ven’s are yellow, and Aqua’s are blue. These are similar colors to what we saw in KHII with Sora’s Form changes. Do these indicate similar fighting styles?

Nomura: No, nothing like that. We just matched colors to each element that is in their names, Earth, Wind, and Water, so their “image color” ended up being red, yellow, and blue respectively. Regardless of their name element attacks, much like the earth named Terra has power based moves, we’ve made each of their abilties with a specific image in mind.

-- How do they actually get to other worlds?

Nomura: There are no Gummi Ships, they do have a special way of getting there. It’s something like the Corridor of Darkness that Organization XIII uses.

-- This is a story set even before the first game in the series, will some of the same worlds be appearing in this game?

Nomura: Yes, of course. Even though it’s the same world, however, since the time and the place will have changed it will feel new.

-- Do you think it’s best to watch the original movies of the new worlds that will be appearing in this game?

Nomura: No, I don’t think it’s necessary. Although, “Experiment 221” in Stitch’s world, also named Sparky, can only be seen in the sequal. In that case I think it will be more enjoyable if you’ve already seen the original.

-- In “KH Birth by Sleep” will there be more new mysteries, or more previous mysteries being answered for us?

Nomura: Hmm, I wonder. Well I haven’t counted them so I don’t know the exact number, but there will be a lot of mysteries answered. But there will also be many mysteries that will deepen, so because of that perhaps you could say they’ve increased. We’ve already given you plenty of hints in previous games, so people with good sense will probably already understand.

-- I see. Of course, people who start the series with “KH Birth by Sleep” will be able to enjoy it with no problems, right?

Nomura: Of course. Just like “KH 358/2 Days”, it has a different main character from Sora, so I think it would be easy to get into. If “KH Birth by Sleep” is your first game, I’d like you to go on after that to play the first KH game.

-- So, when will the release date be?

Nomura: Well, we had to balance it with the release date of “FFXIII”, so once that was decided, we decided on January 2010 for BbS. We are still trying to figure out what day it will be.

-- Will you be able to use the same data with both multiplayer and single player?

Yasue: Multiplayer and single player are completely linked together, so all the items, commands, and character growth you receive in one will go over into the other.

Allister Rose

French Lover
ohhh...i knew they wouldnt use gummi ships (well nowit's official) maybe the armro suit serves the same purpose as the organization XIII cloaks

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
-- How do they actually get to other worlds?

Nomura: There are no Gummi Ships, they do have a special way of getting there. It’s something like the Corridor of Darkness that Organization XIII uses.

I figured as much.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
The Gummi SHip thing is nothing new, we've already known for quite awhile it wouldn't be used. And I'm curious to see this D-Link stuff.

Also:
-- In “KH Birth by Sleep” will there be more new mysteries, or more previous mysteries being answered for us?

Nomura: Hmm, I wonder. Well I haven’t counted them so I don’t know the exact number, but there will be a lot of mysteries answered. But there will also be many mysteries that will deepen, so because of that perhaps you could say they’ve increased.
Was I the only one who saw this coming?

Anyway, you've done it again Lissar.

AllEndsWith-

The Gummi SHip thing is nothing new, we've already known for quite awhile it wouldn't be used. And I'm curious to see this D-Link stuff.

Also:

Was I the only one who saw this coming?

Anyway, you've done it again Lissar.
Great, Nomura forgot to add that he increased the amount of mindf*cks that'll probobly appear in the game too.

Please take no offense, but: LOL

Soren

Awards
Aww....no Gummi Ships? That bites....I liked those things. But I can see why you wouldn't have them. After all, the borders between the worlds have not been broken down into the gummi blocks yet.

Oh well, at least it sounds like the new system will be interesting to use. I can't wait to try out this new "Style Change" stuff. And now there are a lot of moves and stuff unique to the worlds you're in, right? This will be great. I'm goona buy a PSP just for this game, if i can.

wat is this d-link stuffi mean i keep seeing it

I think it's something akin to a Summoning system. Or maybe it's like how the Drive Forms workd in KH2 in borrowing the power of your teammates, except you don't change clothes when you do it.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Very interesting. I love the complicated systems! And it looks like this system will be deeper then the summoning system.

Also, good to hear about the worlds. I cant wait to see what Olympus Collsium looks like.

DragonSpear

Awwwwwwwww when I saw PSP+PS3 in the homepage, I thought it would be news of Kingdom Hearts III XD

ANYWAYS, the new d-link system seems rather intersting..i'm looking foward to play this game =D

miiworld2

Awards
I've snagged the more info from ReBirth Wings for you again! She's posted up the latest from Famitsu PSP+PS3. This time it's more info on style changes, D-links, and another short interview from Nomura!

I have a feeling there's gonna be a scan coming with this. Thanks for the update Lissar. Now I know full-well how the gameplay works.

EDIT: I KNEW IT! Cinderella is a Summon!

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So they are still not finished introducing worlds. That is good to hear. I was worried that TGS was all we would see of new worlds.

Come one Atlantica and Notre Dame, make it in it.

Plus I bet you anything that TAV use their keyblades to go through corridors of light and their armor protects them from the blinding light.

EDIT: Is there pics to go along with this interview?

Last edited:

i eat dark

wow real good info!.
and im glad theres more mysteries in the game...its actually fun for me....
thank you for the translation!

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
wee... so close yet so far O:

x)

wow... so he actually had counted/considered that once? XD

i wonder what the mysteries will be.

i have a feeling that the game won't answer what happened to ven..or terra.. >~<

or..those will be the new mysteries.

but then that might get explained in coded...hopefully. or kh3 overall.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :DDD

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
wee... so close yet so far O:

x)

wow... so he actually had counted/considered that once? XD

i wonder what the mysteries will be.

i have a feeling that the game won't answer what happened to ven..or terra.. >~<

or..those will be the new mysteries.

but then that might get explained in coded...hopefully. or kh3 overall.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :DDD

I think he said something about what happens to TAV will be explained in BBS back in an interview awhile back.

I'm kinda worried Atlantica may not make into BBS. I mean if they think Aqua's costume is too sexy then surely Aqua just in a bikiny with a fish tail would be too sexy.

Maybe they will only have Terra and Ven visit Atlantica. I still hope Atlantica is put in BBS, Atlantica fits so well in BBS.

And Notre Dame of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back