• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Playstation Vita Poll Results

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Famitsu hosted a poll just a few weeks ago asking its readers about the Playstation Vita. A total of 2,400 people were polled and the results were compiled and announced in this week's issue. Andriasang has summarized the results, which you can see below:

About the name

31% said it's "good" while 37.5% had a normal reaction to it. One responder commented that he'd gotten used to the codename NGP. Another had been hoping they'd keep the "Portable" in the name.

About the price

54.9% said it's cheap, 23.1% said it's normal and 12.9% said it's high.

When will you buy it?

44.8% said they plan on buying on launch day. 42.8% said they plan on buying at some point.

Which model will you buy?

42% said the 3G/Wi-Fi model and 58% said the Wi-Fi model. One person responded that because he doesn't know what the carriers will charge, he's currently looking at the Wi-Fi version.

What is the best part of the system?

OLED screen (1,570 votes), Connectivity with PS3 (1,390), Two screen touch (1,200), Price (1,170), Wireless capabilities (1,010), Various sensors (800), Design (790)
Of the announced games, what do you want to play (multiple answers okay)?
Uncharted (270 votes), Gravity Daze (230), Hot Shots Golf (190), Dragon's Crown (100), Dynasty Warriors (40), LittleBigPlanet (40), Ridge Racer (30)

What series do you want to play on Vita?

Monster Hunter (460 votes), Final Fantasy (180), Metal Gear Solid (120), Kingdom Hearts (70), Tales (70), Dragon Quest (50), God Eater (50), Resident Evil (40), Phantasy Star (40), Super Robot Wars (40)

Which maker are you most looking forward to?

Capcom (450 votes), Square Enix (250), Namco Bandai (180), Konami (140), Sega (100), Sony (90), Atlus (50), From Software (40), Tecmo Koei (30), Falcom (30)

thank you jeels~

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
answers aren't particularly surprising

personally i'm not a picking up a vita until i see some games, as of now I think Falcom's title is the only thing i really care about

I can't believe Capcom has more vites than Square Enix.

Capcom makes Monster Hunter.

There you go.

Last edited:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
answers aren't particularly surprising

personally i'm not a picking up a vita until i see some games, as of now I think Falcom's title is the only thing i really care about

Capcom makes Monster Hunter.

There you go.

And Street Fighter, and Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil, and Ace Attorney, and Mega Man... oh wait. Nevermind about Mega Man. :(

k99y77

Awards
good to know the tales series is as popular as KH in japan, its too bad that its not popular here :(
Thanks Sign :biggrin:

ChaosReaper

good to know the tales series is as popular as KH in japan, its too bad that its not popular here :(
Thanks Sign :biggrin:
Yup japan knows its RPG' here its nothing but FPS and Halo and all that shit.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ChaosReaper

That's because we as Americans have different tastes I think most people see an RPG as a boring game because of 1. How long it is 2. The way the battle system is.

Let me not group myself in there I actually like my RPG's, but still you know what I mean.

As for 1 and 2 well I can finish Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 maybe 8 times before I'm done with Star Ocean: The Last Hope and I'm only talking about the story line part of the game not the extra sidequests or hidden areas most RPG's have to offer.

As for #2 well to be fair in some RPG's like a star ocean or Final Fantasy the enemies aren't on the screen at the same time the battles are broken up. Again using Star Ocean when you get to one enemy the screen changes to a area that you can't get out of unless you escape.

Whereas in a call of duty the action is always there you kill one guy move on bam! 17 more pop up and then it's a little quiet for a while then BAM! explosions or something.

Long story short FPS and the like equal constant action whereas a RPG not so much unless you're talking about a Kingdom Hearts or games like that.

Soren

Awards
I like how Shinjuku explained that.

That aside, I'm glad to see Square is still pretty popular, but I'm even more impressed with KH's placement in the rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back