• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu: KHMOM interview reveals no plans for DLC, no secret ending & more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chie

Awards
UX remake would be a huge deal though, the most important story for the next arc would be portrayed in full detail.

I'm sure we will get a wholly new story soon enough too, so it really just depends on what project they happen to have ready by that year I guess.

the red monster

Awards
I hope not, a UX remake would be a rather disappointing 20 anniversary game in my book.
Personally I'm hoping for another BBS style game with multiple scenarios or KH4.
Way too early for anything KH4.
UX remake could be big if raid bosses and focus on multiplayer will be a thing, and the story is too important to not be on consoles eventually.
that or DDD2.

also i feel the remake will add more story stuff and end with master of masters reveal, it makes a lot of sense.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
UX remake on consoles with Unchained and Union being like CoM where one story unlocks after the finishing the other would be great. Also no disgusting MTX gacha bullshit.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Way too early for anything KH4.
UX remake could be big if raid bosses and focus on multiplayer will be a thing, and the story is too important to not be on consoles eventually.
that or DDD2.

also i feel the remake will add more story stuff and end with master of masters reveal, it makes a lot of sense.
I'm not saying a UX remake wouldn't be a big deal. However I don't like MMOs and would prefer the 20th anniversary game focuses on the present day characters and progress the story, so a UX remake would remain a disappointment for me personally.

A second DDD would make sense, though I'd prefer it to be more like BBS and either have 3 scenarios focusing on one of each of the trios or focusing on Sora, Riku and Kairi.

AegisXIII

Awards
20 years? Maybe we will get the final compilation on ps5 with days, re coded and Chi playable.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The announcement isn't for 2022. Those are two independent statement. They aren't sure when they will make the next announcement, and they are also thinking about the 20th anniversary.

Thanks for the clarification, I remember two blank slots for Kingdom Hearts second phase so I'm intrigued as to what they could end up being.

Chie

Awards
I'm not saying a UX remake wouldn't be a big deal. However I don't like MMOs
I highly doubt the remake would still be an online-focused game, maybe it would have minor online components. But the whole point of the hypothetical remake would be to make the definitive and future-proof version of the game/story that can be played for people playing through the series in order (which is what they did with coded); if it was an ongoing online game we'd be in the same position we're in with UX right now.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I highly doubt the remake would still be an online-focused game, maybe it would have minor online components. But the whole point of the hypothetical remake would be to make the definitive and future-proof version of the game/story that can be played for people playing through the series in order (which is what they did with coded); if it was an ongoing online game we'd be in the same position we're in with UX right now.
Fair, they probably wouldn't make a MMO. Still the rest of my sentiment still holds.

On top of that, after a near decade of mostly remasters and ports, I honestly would rather they make another Back Cover movie than make another remake game and focus the games on moving the story forward.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Yeah! It's a real joy to see. I wish more people were excited to play this game because it feels like it was made with a lot of love.

Excited people right here \o/ Co-op mode \o/ KH Date Nights coming this winter \o/

Also possibly "Veteran KH-fan gets ass-kicked at the rhythm game by the little niece who doesn't even know who Kairi is." (But now, she'll know!)

Last edited:
Back