• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu: KHMOM interview reveals no plans for DLC, no secret ending & more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chie

Awards
I love how much Nomura acts as a vanguard against extraneous DLC and microtransactions.

Chie

Awards
Well, yes. But being mobile games at all, those are already compromised to hell. (We're at the point where Apple can block updates to your program if it DOESN'T include microtransactions; look up Wordpress for more.) And from the interviews it sounds like he mostly just delivers scripts to the dev team.

Eonstar890

Awards
I can't believe this one game is going to have that many worlds. Like I am really glad and it seems plausible, but I didn't expect them to go that hard. Definitely seems like the perfect way to catch new fans up while also introducing new people to the series in preparation for what's to come. Also it makes even more sense that this will be on switch since it seems like you need zero KH experience to jump into this one. Maybe future games will also have switch accessibility alongside PS and Xbox.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The more I learn about Melody of Memories, the more I warm up to it. This really feels like a game that's full of content.

I'm super excited to learn about the 2022 announcement, maybe it's the rumoured Kingdom Hearts show for Disney+?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
they have fluid wiggles and wobbles.
Best game in the series confirmed.

Originally, Chirithy was going to be the narrator but Nomura decided Kairi was more appropriate
I demand Chirithy sitting on the throne.

There are no plans to add new songs or any DLC, the team wants this to be a definitive omnibus for the series.
If I've learnt anything from reading dev interviews, it's that they always say this but then DLC gets release so I'm not going to take their word for it atm.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Except in mobile games. UX & DR are greedy grinding skinner boxes & he was even involved with the notorious All The Bravest.

Oh lord, All the Bravest. I could see where the joy was supposed to come from. The descriptions were beyond hilarious and the sprites were amazing, but that was a pachinko game on a a smart device and I don't know if it was the actual team's decision for it to be so heavily monetized or if it was a corporate decision, but Jesus...that was awful.

Seeing the theatrythm team be just as fervent as fans for a KH rhythm game cheers me up

Yeah! It's a real joy to see. I wish more people were excited to play this game because it feels like it was made with a lot of love.

The more I learn about Melody of Memories, the more I warm up to it. This really feels like a game that's full of content.

I'm super excited to learn about the 2022 announcement, maybe it's the rumoured Kingdom Hearts show for Disney+?

The announcement isn't for 2022. Those are two independent statement. They aren't sure when they will make the next announcement, and they are also thinking about the 20th anniversary.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm of course glad that Nomura decided to make Kairi the main character over Chirithy--and thought that that was the natural decision--but while I want to see that as another step in the right direction, part of me worries that this is all they'll ever do for her. But I'm going to try and think positively, of course, since all of this is exciting and no matter what, MoM looks like a cute and fun game.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
On the subject of the 20th anniversary, it'd be cool if they could get KHIV done by then--since Nomura somewhat wished they could release KHIII by KH's tenth anniversary, but they couldn't--but I sort of doubt they will, since I feel they might keep this "We've Got to Save Sora" arc up for a while. Maybe it will be DDD 2.0, but if so... I hope that game doesn't have some of the issues that DDD did, and it actually treats the female characters well.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Theatrhythm Nier
The only Theatrhythm where 100%-ing the game results in a total wipe of progress including trophies. I'm kidding of course but not. I think the fact that with the Nier events in FF14, Yoko Taro had to be told that they wouldn't reset progress illustrates the joking not really nature of that statement.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
On the subject of the 20th anniversary, it'd be cool if they could get KHIV done by then--since Nomura somewhat wished they could release KHIII by KH's tenth anniversary, but they couldn't--but I sort of doubt they will, since I feel they might keep this "We've Got to Save Sora" arc up for a while. Maybe it will be DDD 2.0, but if so... I hope that game doesn't have some of the issues that DDD did, and it actually treats the female characters well.
I wonder how long Sora will be absent actually? He could still be missing when we reach KH4. Besides Melody of Memory I'm expecting at least one other game going into KH4. If they actually announce it for the 20th anniversary I would be quite surprised. I wouldn't be upset at all just surprised.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The only Theatrhythm where 100%-ing the game results in a total wipe of progress including trophies. I'm kidding of course but not. I think the fact that with the Nier events in FF14, Yoko Taro had to be told that they wouldn't reset progress illustrates the joking not really nature of that statement.
I should really get back to Automata & learn what people are talking about with it 1 of these days.

the red monster

Awards
Seeing as UX story is about to end, i think 2022 project will be UX remake for consoles.
No DLC for MoM is a shame since i doubt ReMind music will be part of the base game.

Back