• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3: Toy Story, battle system & more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
That's because it retells the movie though, thus changing it.
If KH III happens between two movies without impacting the following one, it can be canon to the the movieverse.
It's still Disney property, and Disney actually intertwines things more often than it seems.

The day that Sora or Kingdom Hearts is mentioned in a Toy Story feature film or short is the day it can be declared canon. As of now, Toy Story is no different from every other Disney world featured in Kingdom Hearts. Yeah, it's got a standalone story between the time period of Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, but it doesn't directly affect the original feature film franchise.

Pixar themselves hasn't confirmed any inter-twining so it's preferable not to make a bold assumption like that.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Did you not read the article? It clearly states the forms can be used freely in any other world to.
Dude, when I posted that, the only thing that the post said about Keyblade transformations was what I quoted. It didn't say that they can be used freely in any other world. "Each world will have its own unique transformation", so of course I was confused. They edited the post with more information.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The day that Sora or Kingdom Hearts is mentioned in a Toy Story feature film or short is the day it can be declared canon.

It doesn't work like that. It's not about mentioning it in the product, it's about the people involved claiming it is.

Yeah, it's got a standalone story between the time period of Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, but it doesn't directly affect the original feature film franchise.

Yes, and that's exactly why it can be made canon.
Because the movie still works without having plotholes due to the interference of Sora in a past episode.

Pixar themselves hasn't confirmed any inter-twining so it's preferable not to make a bold assumption like that.

I mean...

• The Toy Story world will not just rip off a small part of the original story in Toy Story, instead it will take place in a time after the end of the 2nd film, and all events that occur will exist on that same time line.

This is less "being based of" and more "being a part of".
It's literally saying that KH III's visit to this world it's in the movie's timeline.

Muke

whatever
Awards
  • It can look a little difficult at first, but Nomura wants fans to rest assured that even randomly selecting options can create some very flashy combinations
Ughhh.. Please just stop. Do we really need so many flashy things? Like, we get it, the game is flashy and you guys can do some great particle effects… but they almost think flashiness > anything else.

littlepunkryo

Ughhh.. Please just stop. Do we really need so many flashy things? Like, we get it, the game is flashy and you guys can do some great particle effects… but they almost think flashiness > anything else.

I'm honestly a bit worried we're going to get a situation where the battling feels almost out of control because there are so many options and mix-and-match things. Like I get that transformations are cool but I would actually like to spend time hitting things with keyblades and not just having it automatically turn into two guns and then a giant drill once you get enough combos. I hope that all of it ends up being optional so you can choose when to do it.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm honestly a bit worried we're going to get a situation where the battling feels almost out of control because there are so many options and mix-and-match things. Like I get that transformations are cool but I would actually like to spend time hitting things with keyblades and and not just having it automatically turn into two guns and then a giant drill once you get enough combos. I hope that all of it ends up being optional so you can choose when to do it.
All of it is optional, so at least that's good.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, so it`s a new world where Eraqus and Xehanort are playing chess? Sounds exciting. Nomura`s comments about the plot and how he has been thinking about it makes me hopeful that it will turn out all right.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It doesn't work like that. It's not about mentioning it in the product, it's about the people involved claiming it is.

Yes, and that's exactly why it can be made canon.
Because the movie still works without having plotholes due to the interference of Sora in a past episode.

I mean...

This is less "being based of" and more "being a part of".
It's literally saying that KH III's visit to this world it's in the movie's timeline.

What you're describing is endorsed fan-fiction. Here's the definition of canon. "The works of a particular author or artist that are recognized as genuine". Again, Pixar not Disney have confirmed this, and even with Nomura's quote, he didn't even say that it's canon to the Toy Story franchise, just that the Toy Story represented in the game is the same Toy Story from the feature films.

You can literally use that response as the logic for other Disney worlds Sora, Donald and Goofy have visited, and claim that they're canon to the feature film franchise.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
What you're describing is endorsed fan-fiction. Here's the definition of canon. "The works of a particular author or artist that are recognized as genuine". Again, Pixar not Disney have confirmed this, and even with Nomura's quote, he didn't even say that it's canon to the Toy Story franchise, just that the Toy Story represented in the game is the same Toy Story from the feature films.

You can literally use that response as the logic for other Disney worlds Sora, Donald and Goofy have visited, and claim that they're canon to the feature film franchise.
what no he said toy story in kh3 will be cannon to flims what part dont you understand

Nomura: "Toy Story world takes place after Toy Story 2, is not an alternate or parallel world. Story is canon in the Toy Story universe."
(https://twitter.com/MysticDistance)

Last edited:

Echoecho6

Awards

This is exactly my problem with KH3 right now. Them saying "It may look difficult" has me even more worried, because to me it looks too simple. It looks like all form of strategy the KH games have had have been thrown out the window in exchange for flashy looking moves. This makes it MORE of a button masher imo.

What's worse is Sora's combos don't look right to me, and I have a feeling those are the only combos hes got at his disposal because all the cool moves were put into these transformations. I really don't like that because I prefer using the actual KEYBLADE, not some other weapon. Hopefully drive forms are more advanced than they are letting on. It also kinda makes me worry that we wont even have an abilities tab in the menu at all. I am starting to think the situation commands are just going to be that quick to activate from the getgo, and that we wont have abilities to improve Sora's combos, he is just going to have those naturally. It is all about the flashiness for Osaka.

Also great we have these giant worlds with more "to do", but without any NPC's they're still going to feel kind of empty. I honestly don't get the switch from having "save point rooms" to "save point will appear once you have beaten all the enemies". That makes it frustrating if you just want to save the game right away, and makes it harder to put in NPC's.

UltimaXOmega

Still sad to see the chariot dropped for a shield.
Small break from news probably means skipping TGS.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
What you're describing is endorsed fan-fiction.

Trust me, I write fanfictions.
That's not how it works.

Here's the definition of canon. "The works of a particular author or artist that are recognized as genuine".

Good.
So it's pretty much what it's been said.
Can I notice that it doesn't say "by the original author", and that "genuine" is a really broad term?

Again: don't just put blind faith in one sentence definitions. Reality is never that simple.

Again, Pixar not Disney have confirmed this

I don't think confirming this is Pixar nor Disney's job. Is definitely something Nomura should confirm, he definitely speaks on their behalf as well or else he won't have permission to say anything at all.

and even with Nomura's quote, he didn't even say that it's canon to the Toy Story franchise, just that the Toy Story represented in the game is the same Toy Story from the feature films.

Dude... it literally means that is canon. See, this is a pretty clear definition of canon.
The Toy Story shown in KH III and its events are set in the same timeline as the Toy Story movies, aka the franchise.

It really doesn't get much simpler than this. Canon.

I totally cannot, for claiming KH II Beast's Castle is canon to the franchise would be wrong on so many levels.

Hallowseve

I wonder if Nomura's comment on "former Organization XIII members" also refers to Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene? Other than that, this is great and insightful news. The hype train keeps going!

notnow123487

Awards
It literally says "Although the amount of worlds is less than KH2, the density is getting even deeper."

When this was first posted it was written differently than that, there were sources saying he just said less Disney worlds which is why I said it could have been a mistranslation which it was...ugh I wish you could note the edits you make to op

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
what no he said toy story in kh3 will be cannon to flims what part dont you understand

Trust me, I write fanfictions.
That's not how it works.

Good.
So it's pretty much what it's been said.
Can I notice that it doesn't say "by the original author", and that "genuine" is a really broad term?

Again: don't just put blind faith in one sentence definitions. Reality is never that simple.

I don't think confirming this is Pixar nor Disney's job. Is definitely something Nomura should confirm, he definitely speaks on their behalf as well or else he won't have permission to say anything at all.

Dude... it literally means that is canon. See, this is a pretty clear definition of canon.
The Toy Story shown in KH III and its events are set in the same timeline as the Toy Story movies, aka the franchise.

It really doesn't get much simpler than this. Canon.

I totally cannot, for claiming KH II Beast's Castle is canon to the franchise would be wrong on so many levels.

If you guys honestly want to believe that then go right ahead. Just prepare to be dissapointed if Nomura has to make a clarification on that particular statement.

I wonder if Nomura's comment on "former Organization XIII members" also refers to Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene? Other than that, this is great and insightful news. The hype train keeps going!

Nomura did hint at Marluxia's involvement in The Kingdom of Corona so I think it's a given at this point.

KingOfHearts

Still sad to see the chariot dropped for a shield.
Small break from news probably means skipping TGS.

Chariot is most likely a secondary transformation for the Olympus key, like the drill is a secondary transformation for the hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back