• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The part of Nomura slimming down the cast for the sake of having a more comfortable narrative I can see happening post-Foretellers Saga. I think that will definitely be a point in time for the series narrative to take a look back, and see which characters can hit the hiatus bench either permanently, or for a short while.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Marluxia's backstory intrigued just because he was able to summon that giant nobody angel thing in COM and that seemed like a lot of power. Not sure I am that enthusiastic that his backstory was like almost everyone else and connected to the Ux stuff.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Marluxia's backstory intrigued just because he was able to summon that giant nobody angel thing in COM and that seemed like a lot of power. Not sure I am that enthusiastic that his backstory was like almost everyone else and connected to the Ux stuff.

Yeah, same.
I liked the concept of Lauriam and had fun analyzing the possible elements here and there.
The moment Elrena was shown, I was out of it: it was a rehash and implicitly meant Demyx and Luxord would've followed suit.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really wouldn’t want MoM to be Demyx or any of the existing cast. Why not just...trim down the cast by never having certain characters appear again except as cameos? Like bringing back 90% of the past cast in KH3 was fine but that should have been the end for 90% of them.

And the people they did bring back shouldn’t have had nearly as much importance that they have. It would have been okay to just have Marluxia and Larxene be connected to UX from the Organization. Even Ven’s ties to that era were fine. But once you start throwing Luxord, Demyx, and Xigbar into the mess, it becomes convoluted for no reason.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
What other big secret could Demyx have that could top being MoM? Unless of course he is secretly the Master of the Master of Masters:eek:

Oh yes, let's go full DB Super on this

Can't wait for when Sora will have to face the Master of Master of Master of Masters of Masters

Which turns out to be Xehanort again

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This could also be another situation where a single body created two Nobodies: Lauriam's and Strelitzia's. This is, of course, assuming that, at some point in time, Lauriam's and Strelitzia's hearts joined, and would explain who the female Nobody is alongside Marluxia in CoM and its remake.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That's probably the best suggestion pertaining to Demyx I've heard so far. Either that, or that he can still summon his keyblade but chooses not to, assuming he's a wielder. But I like your idea more.
Thank you for thinking so. <3

If we go with him still remembering, then he'd know he has a Keyblade so could theoretically still summon it, if he really is a wielder that is.

The fun part is this doesn't need to be exclusive to my second thing (Demyx being a random dude caught in the UX plot out of bad luck.) Demyx could be so under the radar that not even the plot noticed him!

Man, it's tricky. After reading this I got replies going in every direction.

On one hand, that's not a crime and can be used to link stuff up and reduce the narrative burden.
On the other hand, I feel like a character such as the MoM should just be a separate character, especially considered how many more characters in the franchise (including the Mom's closest apprentice) already make use of alternative identities. Nomura needs to let some characters go and never come back, also to slim up the roster.
I can't even look at Eraqus and Xehanort ascending to Keyblade heaven without that nagging feeling they'll come back...

What we have seen of Demyx and like about would just be taken away if he was the MoM. It benefits both of them if they're separate characters and not a cheap twist.

On yet another hand,
Darkos has three hands confirmed.

(I'm not saying this to *explain* it to you, of course. This is all stuff we've been going through over and over, and we're all pretty disgruntled about it lol)
And we shall continue to be disgruntled. As is tradition.

And yet... I don't know, the more I think about it the more I see it happening. I can totally see Nomura writing a scene in which you see Demyx's face under the MoM's hood and using his "You shouldn't judge anyone by appearance" line from KH II as a "hint" of his true identity.
And the more I watch Back Cover the more I see a resemblance between MoM and Demyx's gestures, especially when feigning fear and surprise.
Man... it's happening. Here I say it. DeMoMyx is coming.
Not helping is Demyx's "I am extremely imposing...when I want to be" line from KHIII.

I fear it so much, but a part of me feels it won't happen because they act alike. That it's an accidental big red herring. Like, I just can't see Nomura working toward a reveal, ya know?

What other big secret could Demyx have that could top being MoM? Unless of course he is secretly the Master of the Master of Masters:eek:
The man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the dog behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man behind the man.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah, same.
I liked the concept of Lauriam and had fun analyzing the possible elements here and there.
The moment Elrena was shown, I was out of it: it was a rehash and implicitly meant Demyx and Luxord would've followed suit.
I liked that Lauriam was there because it was interesting, but if all of them are just shoe-horned into KHUX it becomes a cheap attempt to connect them to the story. Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord all existed like a decade before KHUX, so it's blatantly obvious that Nomura didn't have anything original or interesting to do with them, so he just shoved them into KHUX.

I think Nomura is trying to slim down the cast by having known characters like the ones mentioned above be linked to KHUX, so he doesn't have to introduce any new characters. I know it's not exactly slimming down, but it's at least better than keeping current cast and adding more.

Megavoltage

Awards
I can't even look at Eraqus and Xehanort ascending to Keyblade heaven without that nagging feeling they'll come back...
I feel it too. It'll probably be a few games down the road, not anytime soon. But I am absolutely dreading the moment Xehanort comes down from heaven declaring everything has gone JUST AS PLANNED, he was merely pretending to be defeated, now it’s time for the true masterstroke.

disney233

Awards
I feel it too. It'll probably be a few games down the road, not anytime soon. But I am absolutely dreading the moment Xehanort comes down from heaven declaring everything has gone JUST AS PLANNED, he was merely pretending to be defeated, now it’s time for the true masterstroke.
A single way to lose an entire community even further to the point of not even touching a KH game after this fanservice stunt. Maleficent came back solely because fans wanted her back, right? Imagine that disgusting dread of this happening to either Xehanort or Eraqus.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Outside of flashbacks I'm not worried about Xehanort or Eraqus returning. Given how final their deaths felt I believe Nomura is smart enough not to bring them back and focus on the Foretellers.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I would love to see some Flashbacks of Young Eraqus and Xehanort but I don't see any purpose for them appearing other than explaining Luxu's backstory even further and besides them playing another game of Chess

disney233

Awards
Outside of flashbacks I'm not worried about Xehanort or Eraqus returning. Given how final their deaths felt I believe Nomura is smart enough not to bring them back and focus on the Foretellers.
Maleficent's death felt final. So did Ansem's, and....literally most of the old Organization. Yet here we are.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Judging by the fact that Nomura still has a story to tell about Xehanort, if he doesn't feel satisfied with what he left in the Re:MIND DLC, then there may still be a chance for him to make them return.

Other than that, the fact that Eraqus is a play on the word "Square", leaving them to just chess scenes whenever something important happens in future games could just symbolize some sort of narrative metaphor.

Obiewantsanipod

The part of Nomura slimming down the cast for the sake of having a more comfortable narrative I can see happening post-Foretellers Saga. I think that will definitely be a point in time for the series narrative to take a look back, and see which characters can hit the hiatus bench either permanently, or for a short while.

Which is why I hope this is used as an excuse for the next saga to be a lot darker. If say Elrena was to be written out after this next saga, let her perish body, heart, and soul in an attempt to protect Larium or Sterlitzia or something. I'm not saying that needs to happen to everyone but it'd be nice to have someone really die a shocking death, except this time for real.

Wildwiccan

So I’m confused.

Is the additional scenario only available as post game content or will it be added to the base game but still be accessible to people who have beaten the game?

I find the idea of post game data battles in which we fight the same boss as riku instead of Sora to be disappointing but it’s the only way it makes sense as postgame content.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I love it when I get news of new Kingdom Hearts content. Glad to see that Kingdom Hearts III still has a lot of life left through DLC.

I just hope they remember that the Foreteller Keyblades were included in that limited edition artbook so there's gonna be a lot of shit to deal with if there are no battles against them.

Honestly, I'd rather not battle The Foretellers in Kingdom Hearts III. Save them for future instalments because I feel that this game should prioritise maximising the lore of Xehanort for additional content, and I want the first impressions of the character interactions between the heroes and The Foretellers to be in-story and not a secret foreshadow like Xemnas or Lingering Will.

disney233

Awards
I love it when I get news of new Kingdom Hearts content. Glad to see that Kingdom Hearts III still has a lot of life left through DLC.

Honestly, I'd rather not battle The Foretellers in Kingdom Hearts III. Save them for future instalments because I feel that this game should prioritise maximising the lore of Xehanort for additional content, and I want the first impressions of the character interactions between the heroes and The Foretellers to be in-story and not a secret foreshadow like Xemnas or Lingering Will.

I mean they kinda did a poor job at that. KH3 really seemed more like the beginning of the next arc than the ending of the Xehanort one. Indo agree that the Foretellers should be saved for the next, but with such a big mess we have...it's kinda hard to see a battle with the Foretellers NOT possible in KH3.

Back