• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Interviews Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3, HD 2.8 FCP, Unchained X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh, that's right. Good guys are always smol. Bad guys are always fcking huge. I can deal with that, especially with how these characters are stylized like anime characters and running around in Disney properties.
It's just... things like the Lingering Will are so ridiculous. idk why I'm so bothered by this and not everything else about the series that shouldn't work. So it goes.

stareyedprince

Oh, that's right. Good guys are always smol. Bad guys are always fcking huge. I can deal with that, especially with how these characters are stylized like anime characters and running around in Disney properties.
It's just... things like the Lingering Will are so ridiculous. idk why I'm so bothered by this and not everything else about the series that shouldn't work. So it goes.

Again, I think its a tone thing. Lingering Will is supposed to be THE toughest boss in KH2, and they must have scaled him up to make him a bit more menacing.

That being said, I do agree that LW being 2 heads taller than the norts is too much lol.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think the inconsistent and bizarre heights of the characters are more for tone instead of actual accuracy. All the young and teenage characters are short because Teens Are Short, and the Organization guys and the like are tall because they're the Big Bad Guys who loom over our heroes.

It's nothing unique to this series either. Steven Universe for example doesn't have a consistent height for characters other than "X is small, Y is big", and can change depending on the episode.

Pretty much this. Although more than just tone, I think game design plays a big part in it too. I first noticed this in KH1's final boss when you fight Ansem's final form and you see that he grew twice his size. But a lot of people won't notice it because in reality, if his size stayed the same, he would become a lot less visible to the player. Which is the same idea for Lingering Sentiment. Make it bigger so it's easier for the player to see, otherwise their Keyblade strikes and magic spells risk almost not seeing the character well at all.

Although when looking at height comparisons between KH2 Sora and KH2 Riku it is important to note that Sora is only 15 and Riku is 16. There's a huge growth spurt that happens in the teenage years (at least for most people that I know. There was a kid that was 15 about three years ago and he was 5ft and now he is 18 and is 7ft. I haven't seen him for three years and then saw him again about 6 months ago and I barely recognized the kid)

Vasquez

Awards
"and some enemy reactions are currently undergoing adjustment. And, as a series-first experiment, KH3D will be in 60fps. There, it differs fundamentally from the original."

Awesome.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
okay with august japan concert coming up and nomura saying he will annouce stuff there acording to the interview what will be annouce there

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
okay with august japan concert coming up and nomura saying he will annouce stuff there acording to the interview what will be annouce there

Well, First Breath will feature brand new music so...KH3's Dearly Beloved with probably visuals from KH3 to accompany it. New outfits? A layout of KH's 15th Anniversary year plans?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wait, I thought the Orchestra World Tour was gonna have the new music and HD visuals/cinematics.

No, First Breath has the new music and the World Tour has HD visuals to match up with the music. At that point the new music wouldn't be new 8D

"I think you’ll enjoy the first breath when the concert plays for KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 and KINGDOM HEARTS III." - Tetsuya Nomura on First Breath

"I’m very happy. Thinking about the days we practiced everyday, I would like you to be immersed in a new world music in KINGDOM HEARTS." - Yoko Shimomura on First Breath

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Official-KINGDOM-HEARTS-Brass-and-Orchestra-concerts-6449

Awards
No, First Breath has the new music and the World Tour has HD visuals to match up with the music. At that point the new music wouldn't be new 8D

"I think you’ll enjoy the first breath when the concert plays for KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 and KINGDOM HEARTS III." - Tetsuya Nomura on First Breath

"I’m very happy. Thinking about the days we practiced everyday, I would like you to be immersed in a new world music in KINGDOM HEARTS." - Yoko Shimomura on First Breath

Official KINGDOM HEARTS Brass and Orchestra concerts! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider
Oh! Thanks for correcting me, Masser Spobbanord! :3

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Well, First Breath will feature brand new music so...KH3's Dearly Beloved with probably visuals from KH3 to accompany it. New outfits? A layout of KH's 15th Anniversary year plans?
i think 2.8 some of the stuff like the plans for the plans for the annvierstiy ,possible new outfits get shown but i think he will wait until december to show those and kh3 devely bleoved will be played there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back