• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

we ahve three days to go still i hope this world is worth the hype

DefiantHeart

Awards
Re: Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

Can I just say how I dig the constant teasing between Nomura and Shimomura?

He just can't resist ruffling her feathers, can he? Lol.

These Sora- Riku- and Naminé-"plushies" also look totally cute and hilarious at the same time.

Ikr? It's like those two are a classic anime comedy duo or something. XD

Yeah, those stuffed animals are rather cute. ^_^ Riku's one kinda looks girly though, wonder if it's an inside joke... and Namine being the same teddy bear as Sora makes it look like he's the father, ( which he kinda is technically. XD) They really need a Kairi one, though I get a feeling that's an inside joke too with her always being left out. :(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

:3

Just in case, when does production for music in games usually start in the development cycle?

For most projects, music composition usually comes way later on in development so composers have references to scenes, story, and character descriptions.

With games, they tend to get some songs done early on for promotional purposes and finish the rest mid-to-late development.

Shimomura working on music is at least is a good sign that they have locked in worlds and story, especially if Nomura is teasing her to finish them up ASAP xD

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

For most projects, music composition usually comes way later on in development so composers have references to scenes, story, and character descriptions.

With games, they tend to get some songs done early on for promotional purposes and finish the rest mid-to-late development.

Shimomura working on music is at least is a good sign that they have locked in worlds and story, especially if Nomura is teasing her to finish them up ASAP xD

That's a great sign! Can't wait to hear what she comes up with! Her work is always the best.

saad

i think she already received reference materials. it was mentioned in the polygon interview last month.
damn, i'm really happy about the development situation.

Awards

Hm. Yes, that makes sense. Oh, can't forget the boss themes.

Also, 700. Can't tell if Nomura is joking or if that's the actual amount of songs.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Most definitely joking.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I always love hearing new music from Yoko Shimomura. It gets me excited every time. I hope she's doing well with the progress!

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Oh i know they don't choose worlds based on popularity in japan.It's just their excitement that's messing with me.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

@DefiantTheArt I actually think that the girl bear might be Kairi, as she's the only one to have ever worn that dress with a bow in her hair (in that one Kingdom Hearts Chi key art).

Or maybe they just made her and put the bow on her, so one could choose to see her as whichever girl they wished.

Or maybe it is Nami, and they just wanted to make her look more snazzy with it? -shrugs-

Kagayaki

Awards

I'm so happy that things are finally moving forward. I get really excited and relaxed at the same time when I hear Kingdom Hearts music.

Unrealated, but I'm hopefully attending the Distant Worlds Final Fantasy concert in Chicago. It's just a shame that I missed the Kingdom Hearts concert.

CrystalRaine

@DefiantTheArt I actually think that the girl bear might be Kairi, as she's the only one to have ever worn that dress with a bow in her hair (in that one Kingdom Hearts Chi key art).

Or maybe they just made her and put the bow on her, so one could choose to see her as whichever girl they wished.

Or maybe it is Nami, and they just wanted to make her look more snazzy with it? -shrugs-

I think they just put a bow on her because the plushie is ShellieMay, and she is always seen wearing a bow. The Sora bear is Duffy, and the Riku cat is Gelatoni.

Awards

Hm, about the music again, does this mean they locked in boss fights as well?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hm, about the music again, does this mean they locked in boss fights as well?
All worlds, story, scenario, and bosses would have been locked in for a while now.

Xagzan

Awards

Excellent...hehehehehe. *does evil hand gestures*

o06po4.jpg

notnow123487

Awards

All worlds, story, scenario, and bosses would have been locked in for a while now.

yea Nomura said all of the worlds had been finalized at the time big hero 6 was announced. It was one of the last worlds chosen for the game.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

yea Nomura said all of the worlds had been finalized at the time big hero 6 was announced. It was one of the last worlds chosen for the game.

I don't recall ever reading that. Could you post a link the interview/quote?

Awards

Source, please. Just so I know if that's true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back