• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

Nomura saying the outline of the story was done, from June 26 2015:

-- Mr. Nomura, since you are the one that is writing the scenario this time, how is the progress coming along?

Nomura: Since we are arriving near the conclusion of Xehanort in KINGDOM HEARTS III, the outline of the story has been solidified but not necessarily the direction where the KINGDOM HEARTS series is continuing to head. We are still trying to decide where to go from several choices.

-- What is that specifically?

Nomura: In the KINGDOM HEARTS series, I don’t think there has been an actual happy ending. KINGDOM HEARTS II is close to it. Since most of the titles have ended in cliffhangers, we’re worried about what we should include in KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Playstation Access video from June 25th 2015:

#3 Where KH3 is in development: Don't feel comfortable giving a specific percentage, but key gameplay mechanics, concepts and worlds have been finalized, and staff have proceeded into full production.
[video=youtube;hmcaxvmj5nU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmcaxvmj5nU[/video]

notnow123487

Awards
Re: Famitsu Interviews Nomura and Shimomura: Production on KINGDOM HEARTS 3's Music to Start Soon!

There was also a quote from him about how they got Disney movies in advance to pick worlds from and big hero 6 was one of the last movies they got before they had to finalize. I can't remember where that quote was though. But yea, don't be expecting like moana or even inside out.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

There was also a quote from him about how they got Disney movies in advance to pick worlds from and big hero 6 was one of the last movies they got before they had to finalize. I can't remember where that quote was though. But yea, don't be expecting like moana or even inside out.
That's point one in the Playstation Access video, that they view works early. I don't recall anything about Big Hero 7 being one of the last movies they finalised. I do recall that Nomura had to make a trip around June-August 2015 to talk with Disney about some stuff, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Awards

[video=youtube;hmcaxvmj5nU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmcaxvmj5nU[/video]
So, given these quotes and that the music is being worked on now, is it okay for me to say that we're nearing the end of development? Or are there still things I don't know about?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So, given these quotes and that the music is being worked on now, is it okay for me to say that we're nearing the end of development? Or are there still things I don't know about?
I'd hope it's in Alpha as feature complete and now they are just working on improving the quality, squashing bugs, making sure everything works.

From wiki:
A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features. These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback. Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped. Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions. Alpha occurs eight to ten months before code release, but this can vary significantly based on the scope of content and assets any given game has.

Final Fantasy XV was feature complete in like October 2015 I believe? Just under a year from it's full release.

Awards

I'd hope it's in Alpha as feature complete and now they are just working on improving the quality, squashing bugs, making sure everything works.

From wiki:

Final Fantasy XV was feature complete in like October 2015 I believe? Just under a year from it's full release.
Who knows, it could be in Alpha right now as we speak. The game is definitely playable as of the Orchestra trailer and most of the Jump Festa 2016 trailer[not sure about the Jump Festa trailer now that I think about it, but I'm definitely sure about the Orchestra trailer]

Last edited:

notnow123487

Awards

From wiki:

If it's not in alpha by the fall, then we've definitely got some problems with this game lol.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

From wiki:

Yeah. Considering That the Japanese and English versions of the Orchestra Trailer have slight differences I'd assume it's in a playable state.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

chaser i willing to think it been alpha for while i mean he has to most world if not all worlds done by now plus with yoko saying yoko working on the music i think it in alpha now

we have two days left everbody

U.N. Owen

Awards

From my knowledge, I think sound work like voicing and music comes late into production. I think we're fine.

Hallowseve

Nomura...such a twisted man. This man thought it was funny to initially "overhype" the D23 trailer. The darkness seems have a hold on him. In all honestly, it is kinda funny. I'm just hyped we're getting a new KH3 trailer in a couple days.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

chaser i willing to think it been alpha for while i mean he has to most world if not all worlds done by now plus with yoko saying yoko working on the music i think it in alpha now

we have two days left everbody
What I meant was I was hoping everything big was done and set in stone so it's completing alpha and moving into beta when music and additional stuff would be added. I think. IDK I don't make video games.

I honestly can't see it happening, just because Big Hero 6 is very similar.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

What I meant was I was hoping everything big was done and set in stone so it's completing alpha and moving into beta when music and additional stuff would be added. I think. IDK I don't make video games.
no i get what your saying and you do have a point plus it make sense with the trailers for na and japan being different

two days left everybody and one day left for three day people by the way spockanort,sign and dandlion what stuff you going to check out tomorrow

UltimaXOmega

Hoping for Star Wars but EA has Star Wars game rights.
Ruining Battlefront wasn't enough for them.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hoping for Star Wars but EA has Star Wars game rights.
Ruining Battlefront wasn't enough for them.
I don't think that's necessarily true. TT Games / Warner Bros released a Star Wars game in Dec 2015.

notnow123487

Awards

I doubt it's in alpha yet. Wasn't Nomura saying when 2.8 came out they hadn't even started on some of the worlds?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Wow, I feel like the game is almost definitely going to be coming in 2018. Yoko must know all the worlds if she is going to compose for them.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I doubt it's in alpha yet. Wasn't Nomura saying when 2.8 came out they hadn't even started on some of the worlds?
yes but thing could change in couple of months plus here another thing some world might be cut as well i wouldn't be surpaise if couple world didn't make the cut

notnow123487

Awards

yes but thing could change in couple of months plus here another thing some world might be cut as well i wouldn't be surpaise if couple world didn't make the cut

Im sure worlds have gotten cut, but Nomura was saying there were worlds they needed to do they hadn't gotten to yet. There's no way this game has been in alpha, at best it's just gotten there but I realistically I think it's more likely to have it in alpha by the end of the calendar year based on his previous quotes this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back