• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu interview with BbS developers (Feb 25 issue)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora^Fan

-- At the moment, fans across the world are waiting for the foreign edition - are there going to be any additional elements?

Yasue: We're planning various things, and will decide soon.

Yoshimoto: But the capacity is very close to full, so we'll have to think about how to cut it back (laughs).
I wonder what that means??? Is there going to be extra content for the foreign edtition like KH had? :O Hmmm....

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well congradulations to the team they made a really awesome game.

I hope we get a Sephiroth boss battle, I would love for them to explain Cloud and Sephiroth's backstory and I would not mind a higher difficulty for the game, maybe give the bosses a bit more HP. Like make Terranort's HP go from 1000 upto 1200.

Key

Exile
Awards
I hope we get a Sephiroth boss battle, I would love for them to explain Cloud and Sephiroth's backstory and I would not mind a higher difficulty for the game, maybe give the bosses a bit more HP. Like make Terranort's HP go from 1000 upto 1200.

I don't think they're gonna include Cloud in this one... i remember Nomura saying in an interview that he WAS going to put Leon and Cloud in, but that he decided against it because it would stray away from the main plot or something...

i DO wanna see Sephiroth though. And when you think about it, that black feather that Zack saw in the credits had to belong to SOMEONE... >.>

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I don't think they're gonna include Cloud in this one... i remember Nomura saying in an interview that he WAS going to put Leon and Cloud in, but that he decided against it because it would stray away from the main plot or something...

i DO wanna see Sephiroth though. And when you think about it, that black feather that Zack saw in the credits had to belong to SOMEONE... >.>

What Nomura said was that he wanted to include Leon and Cloud's backstories but thought it would be too many characters. Now since Nomura wanted to include Cloud and Sephiroth to begin with IF they add anything to the english version of BBS I would expect Cloud and Sephiroth to be the first thing they would consider to add.

Because you can't have Cloud without Sephiroth.

Key

Exile
Awards
What Nomura said was that he wanted to include Leon and Cloud's backstories but thought it would be too many characters. Now since Nomura wanted to include Cloud and Sephiroth to begin with IF they add anything to the english version of BBS I would expect Cloud and Sephiroth to be the first thing they would consider to add.

Thank you for the correction :D and also, you make a good point.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
When they spoke of "cutting back," I'm pretty sure they were referring to whatever bonus content they have in mind, not the game itself. (Like, I have an apple, an orange, and a banana but I only have enough room left in my lunchbox for one extra fruit, so I have to limit myself and only pick one).

Usually if a game is too big, they can just span it across multiple discs (like with Final Fantasy VII or Tales of Symphonia), but that doesn't work for UMDs, which is what the PSP uses. Same with those cartridges for the DS and GBA. I think that's why Sony is releasing the new PSP-Go, which only uses stuff downloaded from the PSN. This allows for storage directly on a memory stick or internal memory, which is practically unlimited if you can buy a big enough memory stick. It's just annoying because you can't play whatever UMDs you've already got with it, nor can you download certain games (like BbS).
ah ok thank you!!

i think they might give us either a new in game thing [like a boss or an extra mini game like the mushrooms] or give us like an extra thing for our psp like a cover or something

exactly how large is the japanese birth by sleep?
like in terms of GB's and stuff? O:

Awards

He cut Cloud, Leon and the gang not because of lack of space but because, as you said, there would be too many characters in one world. That's not going to change in an international release. There are still more than enough characters in Radiant Garden, and adding more would tip the scale too far.

Let's look at what they added to the KH1 international release:

- Sephiroth
- Ice Titan
- Kurt Zisa
- Phantom

4 bosses. If the same were to be done for BbS, with the 4 same categories, it would be:

- Sephiroth/Some other Final Fantasy character. But with Cloud younger and in RG, there's a strong chance Sephiroth doesn't even exist at this point. And, as you said, if Cloud isn't in the game (and I've given my reason as to why they wouldn't add him), Sephiroth wouldn't be anyway. Instead, if it were to be some other Final Fantasy character, my bets would be on Genesis. Stop and think about that. They had Cloud in the Japanese KH1 and added the primary antagonist of FF7 in the international release. And for BbS, they have Zack, the primary protagonist of Crisis Core.
- Wind/Lava Titan.
- Random Unversed optional boss.

Though I would prefer something other than random Unversed bosses. After all, we already have Iron Prisoner and Mimic Master, two optional bosses in Mirage Arena. So if I had to choose two other bosses, it'd be the Hag/Evil Queen and an Armored Lingering Sentiment of Master Eraqus. I doubt they'd add the hag since they'd have to expand the story for that world, but it was really the biggest waste of an opportunity in the KH series. Months ago, having a boss fight with the Queen wasn't even a question for me, it was just so "obvious" that it would happen.

And then for Eraqus... I just want an excuse to see him fully armored. :p

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
He cut Cloud, Leon and the gang not because of lack of space but because, as you said, there would be too many characters in one world. That's not going to change in an international release. There are still more than enough characters in Radiant Garden, and adding more would tip the scale too far.

Let's look at what they added to the KH1 international release:

- Sephiroth
- Ice Titan
- Kurt Zisa
- Phantom

4 bosses. If the same were to be done for BbS, with the 4 same categories, it would be:

- Sephiroth/Some other Final Fantasy character. But with Cloud younger and in RG, there's a strong chance Sephiroth doesn't even exist at this point. And, as you said, if Cloud isn't in the game (and I've given my reason as to why they wouldn't add him), Sephiroth wouldn't be anyway. Instead, if it were to be some other Final Fantasy character, my bets would be on Genesis. Stop and think about that. They had Cloud in the Japanese KH1 and added the primary antagonist of FF7 in the international release. And for BbS, they have Zack, the primary protagonist of Crisis Core.
- Wind/Lava Titan.

Though I would prefer something other than random Unversed bosses. After all, we already have Iron Prisoner and Mimic Master, two optional bosses in Mirage Arena. So if I had to choose two other bosses, it'd be the Hag/Evil Queen and an Armored Lingering Sentiment of Master Eraqus. I doubt they'd add the hag since they'd have to expand the story for that world, but it was really the biggest waste of an opportunity in the KH series. Months ago, having a boss fight with the Queen wasn't even a question for me, it was just so "obvious" that it would happen.

And then for Eraqus... I just want an excuse to see him fully armored. :p

You have a good point about adding Genesis.

However I never said they had to add Cloud and Sephiroth in Radiant Gardens. IF they add Cloud and Sephiroth I see it more likely that they will appear in Olympus Coliseum.

And I hope you are right about the Wind and Lava Titans appearing, I would love that.

T

The Spoiler

- At the moment, fans across the world are waiting for the foreign edition - are there going to be any additional elements?

Yasue: We're planning various things, and will decide soon.

Yoshimoto: But the capacity is very close to full, so we'll have to think about how to cut it back (laughs).

NOOO DONT CUT ANYTHING FROM THE GAME!!!

krexia

Translator
Awards
when they talked about extras for foreign version, and he said "we have to cut back" or something like that, does this mean they'll take out something from the JP version to give us something different?! or will they work on trying to make the game size a bit smaller but by not changing anything to add something for us?
It's kind of vague. When he wonders how to cut back (shorten, reduce, economise) he doesn't say how or what. (どう切り詰めようかと(笑)。) I personally can't imagine they'd remove content though.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It's kind of vague. When he wonders how to cut back (shorten, reduce, economise) he doesn't say how or what. (どう切り詰めようかと(笑)。) I personally can't imagine they'd remove content though.

True, but I don't believe they will cut anything from the plot itself. I think they would probably cut back on the commands and maybe some of the Mirage Arena stuff. They have 1000 commands so take a few out and no one will notice in the english version, plus we don't need all the Mirage Arena levels so take a few of those out and then they should have enough empty space for the extra content.

αsiя

space coke
True, but I don't believe they will cut anything from the plot itself. I think they would probably cut back on the commands and maybe some of the Mirage Arena stuff. They have 1000 commands so take a few out and no one will notice in the english version, plus we don't need all the Mirage Arena levels so take a few of those out and then they should have enough empty space for the extra content.

yea, i dont think any of us really cares if they cut back from 1000 commands

Awards
Guys, they're not cutting anything out. It wouldn't make sense to get rid of aspects of the original game to make room for additional content. It's as Fabala said:

When they spoke of "cutting back," I'm pretty sure they were referring to whatever bonus content they have in mind, not the game itself. (Like, I have an apple, an orange, and a banana but I only have enough room left in my lunchbox for one extra fruit, so I have to limit myself and only pick one).

Usually if a game is too big, they can just span it across multiple discs (like with Final Fantasy VII or Tales of Symphonia), but that doesn't work for UMDs, which is what the PSP uses. Same with those cartridges for the DS and GBA. I think that's why Sony is releasing the new PSP-Go, which only uses stuff downloaded from the PSN. This allows for storage directly on a memory stick or internal memory, which is practically unlimited if you can buy a big enough memory stick. It's just annoying because you can't play whatever UMDs you've already got with it, nor can you download certain games (like BbS).

When you read what Yoshimoto said in conjunction with Yasue's statement, the "it" in "cut it back," is referring to the "various things" they're planning. That is, they've planned for a certain amount of extra content, but need to cut it back in order to fit it into the game.

Kentsu13

really hope for somethign cool/useful like maybe an addition storyline or jsut maybe more equips

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
If they do add something, well, I can practically HEAR Genesis screaming to be a secret boss fight. Since Zack's in this game, it would only make sense. Or Angeal. It would be cool if there was a new keyblade as well.

EDIT: Didn't read Grass's post. They added 4 bosses in KH1? Then I expect to have the following as optional bosses:

Genesis/Angeal(Rather have Genesis)
Wind Titan/Lava Titan(That would be Freakin Awesome)
Lea(For Ven, just because I like the idea of fighting a kid who's using Frisbees)
Vanitas Sentiment(Obvious)

Do these make sense to you?
They seem reasonable enough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back