• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Interview Tai Yasue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

i eat dark

We asked this and that about multiplayer!

–We’re wondering, what kind of playing style were you aiming to have in multiplayer?

Tai Yasue (hereby referred to as Yasue): We had all sorts of aims; working with friends to defeat enemies, competing, growing together, getting commands and items, and the like. The ease with which even beginners can participate in various games is one thing we included in depth, right till the end.

–How many people can play at the same time?

Yasue: Even other than the ‘arena’ we introduced this time, we are preparing many kinds of games that can be played in multiplayer. The number of people changes depending on the contents of that, so please wait for further news.

–Can more than one participant choose the same character?

Yasue: There are no restrictions on the character you can choose, so you can play as the same character. The world of ‘Mirage Arena’, which we introduced this time, has a special premise, so only here can the same type of character gather. The name of the world is a hint towards this premise.

–Please explain about Mirage Arena.

Yasue: It’s a new type of world, different to the worlds in ‘Kingdom Hearts’ up until now. It’s a mysterious place with many riddles, and we are preparing exclusive enemies and exclusive maps other than the lobby. The same type of character gathering, fighting under special rules; it’s a special world, ‘removed from reality’.

–Why are the figures in armour, here?

Yasue: There’s a deep reason that has something to do with the story, but, it’s a secret (laughs). The armour isn’t only to protect the body from enemies, and that’s all I’ll say for now.

–Before, it had been said that single player takes about 15 hours to complete. How long do you think multiplayer lasts?

Yasue: Just like the number of people playing at once, there are many ways to enjoy multiplayer, and so to put it simply, I can’t really answer that at this stage.

–Because the level of ‘Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days’ could be adjusted by oneself, progressed people and those who weren’t could play together. What is this game like?

Yasue: In multiplayer, there is a number of kinds of games, and there are ones in which progressed people and non-progressed people can play together with the same strength, and there are ones in which they cannot. From the early stages of the game, there is contents for both people who want to play with multiplayer, and people who want to play after having made their character grow.

–Are there elements such as game rule changes, like there were in ‘358/2 Days’?

Yasue: The games that can be played in multiplayer are all played after first deciding rules. Even in the same game, you can enjoy completely different ways of playing depending on the rules. So that people don’t get bored with it, we have prepared a great number of rules.

–Is there a network connection element, such as mission downloads?

Yasue: There aren’t any plans concerning that. But, we are packing the game with enough contents for this not to be necessary.

–What will we be able to do in the demos that can be played at Tokyo Game Show 2009?

Yasue: In the demos, the story modes of Aqua, Terra and Ventus, and co-operating with other players to fight in the arena can be played. I especially want people to take notice of Aqua, who you haven’t had a chance to play as until now! Aqua fights in a feminine style, completely different to that of Terra and Ventus, and you can experience a new Disney World that hasn’t appeared in any ‘Kingdom Hearts’ until now. Also, the co-op arena battles are also very heated, and so those who can make it to the meeting place, please take the challenge! There are strong enemies which you cannot win against if you do not help each other, and so you can taste a different flavour of excitement to single play.

credit goes to heartstation.org

Last edited:

aweomeness96

thx soooooooooooo much for the info man! its awesome to hear(or...um...read) this stuff bcuz i cant wait till its out!!!!! thx again!

Allister Rose

French Lover
i thought heartstation already picked up on this

EDIT:nevermind, no wonder i thought this was old

Allister Rose

French Lover
i will assume mirage arena is in the middle of outer space and that's why TAV need to wear the armor

Soren

Awards
Sounds interesting. Some of th comparisons made betweent BBS and 358/2 Days wnet over my head (largely because I haven't played 358/2 Days yet), but the rest makes this game seem promising. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this game when it comes out. Of curse, I have to get a PSP first.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Hopefully they add a boss battle arena. That would be pretty good. Or a game like "Dante must die" in DMC where is gets harder and harder.

Abbot

i will assume mirage arena is in the middle of outer space and that's why TAV need to wear the armor

Except, he said it's a special world. "Removed from reality." For some reason, I'm doubting it's as simple as "being in outer space".

I'm guessing the armor figures are just copies of TAV. Used for training and whatnot. But, in this instance, instead of training, it's used for multiplayer. So, I say that you don't play the real TAV in multiplayer, but carbon copies. Would explain 'Mirage'. (and that is why there's armour in multiplayer. :/)

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
isn't this interview old?

EDIT: iv read this before... i think here or in heartstation but w/e.

i eat dark

isn't this interview old?

EDIT: iv read this before... i think here or in heartstation but w/e.

the interview is new. you might have read it on heartstation or you are confusing this one for the nomura interview that came out a while ago.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aww, I even checked before I translated it! *feels like a douche*

Sorry, Nocturne... *goes to hide*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back