• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Interview + List of Ultimania Content + BbS FM Preorders Available!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thanks to Heartstation & FF-Reunion

Q. About when and how did the Re:Coded project begin?

A. We were considering the fact that there were a lot of people that who wanted to try out Coded outside of the mobile phone version, so from about October of last year we started development together with H.a.n.d. on the DS version. (Kato)

Q. Tell us the reason for including the new elements in the system areas.

A. A greater volume was being updated to the growth system from the mobile phone version, so to keep up with the stronger Sora it was necessary to update the system areas. So in place of the “Debug Mode” which was a strong puzzle element in the mobile version, we opted for a random dungeon style system area instead. (Ito)

A. The attributes like side-scroll action and 3D shooting stages that existed in the mobile version added a variety of ways to play so we made the best of them, so by using the system areas as the places of adventure we increased the play volume. (Kato)

Q. Concerning the status matrix, do the status points finally have a maximum value? Also, what is the highest level you can achieve?

A. When the status effects reach their maximum points, the colors of the numbers change and they can’t increase. There is a maximum number of level-up chips that can be obtained, however if they are used smartly, the maximum level you can reach is 99. (Ito)

Q. The Avatar Kingdom feature of this title utilizes the DS Wifi feature that activates when players pass by one another. Even if players don’t pass by, do built-in avatars appear?

A. Since the device can pick up various radio waves, it’s easy to encounter other avatars while out in the real world. There are various kinds of built-in avatars with messages included too, so please enjoy them. (Ito)

Q. If you have any particular memories or episodes from during development of this title, please tell us about it.

A. This time development was handled with H.a.n.d. Thanks to everyone working on it tackling the project positively, the finished product is really good. (Ito)

A. For a moment we considered giving up the Scratch Card idea, but thanks to the Osaka staff’s efforts we were able to make it happen. (Kato)

Q. Finally, any messages for the players of Re:Coded?

A. You can change your avatar’s outfits using the touch pen, so you can get quite detailed. You can use the pen to add tiny parts like “Cid’s toothpick” and other things make sure to check it out. (Ito)

A. Collecting trophies can earn you cheat panels which are useful, by all means make use of them! (Kato)

Re:Coded Interview with Co.Producers from Famitsu : HEARTSTATION.ORG

What every Kingdom Hearts fan has been waiting for!
The guide book! Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded Ultimania releases November 4th 2010!

With a story connected to what happened after Kingdom Hearts II, forseries fans the Nintendo DS title Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded that released October 7th was definitely not one to miss. It was based on the title Kingdom Hearts Coded that originally released on mobile phones, however with a new battle system resembling Kigndom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and new elements that utilize the DS’s mobile communication features, the re-release was a very interesting title on its own! If you did everything you possibly could in the game, it could be played for over 100 hours!
  • Complete walkthroughs of every boss, which are fought in a variety of styles from side-scroll action and 3D shooting to turn style RPG battles!
  • Extensive data on every detail appearing in the game!
  • Complete guide to the over 800 Avatar Kingdom side game parts!
  • Debug Reports in complete detail and more!
Now releasing November 4th is the Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded Ultimania, which comprises every bit of information about Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded into one book!

And as tradition, the series director Tetsuya Nomura shares an interview, shedding light on the mysteries of the game as well as remarks about the future of the series that can’t be ignored!

Please play with this book in one hand and fully enjoy your copy of Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded!

Re:Coded Ultimania Releases! : HEARTSTATION.ORG

Amiami.jp said:
TVG-PSP-1769.jpg

Amiami

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix is now available for pre-order before its January 11 2011 release. Above picture is a placeholder for the cover art.

FF-Reunion

Last edited by a moderator:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Re: Famitsu Interview w/ Co-producers Kato and Ito + List of Ultimania Content

So stoked for the new Ultimania interviews. They're going to come out within a day or two, I presume. =D

Key to Truth

Awards

Well, the Ultimania comes out TODAY, so I expect someone to upload transcribe the interviews soon so someone can translate them.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

Thanks Sign for the news. Ultimania interviews alright...always excited about them.

Can't wait for the translations.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I never understood why the Ultimanias are strictly Japanese, but I'm excited for the Nomura news, though IDK what he could talk about in this interview besides 3DS now. hmmmm...???

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I never understood why the Ultimanias are strictly Japanese
The same reason the Final Mixes are?
Because they are made for the Japanese audience.

You don't see Japanese people wondering why North American GuideBooks are strictly English...

IDK what he could talk about in this interview besides 3DS now. hmmmm...???
KH3D, KHIII, Mystery Title, post-xehanort saga...
there's a lot he could bring up.

The added info to the OP makes me hopeful for the new BBS:FM cover. I love new Nomura art.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Are the Ultimania's usually all in Japanese? Lame. =/
Uhh yeah?
Since the Ultimanias are only released in Japan it's not surprising they're in Japanese, is it?

As far as I know the Ultimanias are the equivalent to our Strategy guides from Bradygames or piggyback in USA and Europe...only they cover way more stuff in terms of Nomura interviews and actual story background.
Heck...that's one thing I would personally want for the 10th anniversary of KH...a compiled complete guide book or something near that which lays out the complete story of Kingdom Hearts in it's entirety so far from BBS over KH I over CoM/Days over KH II to Coded/3DS with tons of accompanying artwork, detailed character fiiles of all major characters and probably a fleshed out timeline when which event in every game happened in chronological order, not in game-order.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

The added info to the OP makes me hopeful for the new BBS:FM cover. I love new Nomura art.

Yeah, KH3D, KH3, Mystery title and post-xehanort saga is some of the things he could bring up.

Others are MF, Re:Coded, KH anniversary, BBS:FM...what else?? Oh right not to forget...

Nomura: I really can't say more. (laughs)

:D just jk

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Uhh yeah?
Since the Ultimanias are only released in Japan it's not surprising they're in Japanese, is it?

As far as I know the Ultimanias are the equivalent to our Strategy guides from Bradygames or piggyback in USA and Europe...only they cover way more stuff in terms of Nomura interviews and actual story background.
Heck...that's one thing I would personally want for the 10th anniversary of KH...a compiled complete guide book or something near that which lays out the complete story of Kingdom Hearts in it's entirety so far from BBS over KH I over CoM/Days over KH II to Coded/3DS with tons of accompanying artwork, detailed character fiiles of all major characters and probably a fleshed out timeline when which event in every game happened in chronological order, not in game-order.

wow i like the timeline idea and i can't wait for the Nomura interview

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The same reason the Final Mixes are?
Because they are made for the Japanese audience.

You don't see Japanese people wondering why North American GuideBooks are strictly English...

You know I actually never realized that Japan didn't get a normal strategy guide, and then this one as a like a special edition, thats how I always viewed it. However, I wish our guides would go as in depth or have as nice a cover as the ultimania's, and by that I mean not the box art.

I know Nomura could talk about a lot of things, but I dont' think he would reveal too much about any of the titles, which makes me wonder if they will just ask a question and move on to another topic. Usually, he goes into at least 1 game more then the rest, but this time I don't know how much he will talk about.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
You know I actually never realized that Japan didn't get a normal strategy guide, and then this one as a like a special edition, thats how I always viewed it. However, I wish our guides would go as in depth or have as nice a cover as the ultimania's, and by that I mean not the box art.

I know Nomura could talk about a lot of things, but I dont' think he would reveal too much about any of the titles, which makes me wonder if they will just ask a question and move on to another topic. Usually, he goes into at least 1 game more then the rest, but this time I don't know how much he will talk about.
He'll probably talk about Re:Coded the most since it -is- the Re:Coded Ultimania....
Given how Re:Coded also hints to KH3D and KH3D is the next title, he's likely to drop some hints about that too.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards

YES. I would love an end all, be all Guidebook for every Kingdom Hearts game ever released! It could be arranged based on Story (with the Full Blown Timeline at the end of the Story Section), then Character Files, Game Guides, Item Info (Complete with pictures for every item in the games. And they could create images for items that never had them (such as KH1 exclusive items, like the Pretty Stone)), Ability Info (Comprising of all Attacks, Magic, Commands, Passive Abilities (Like Treasure Magnet), and Special Moves (Like Reaction Commands, the Command Styles, and the Drive Forms)), Multiplayer Details (For the games that had them), and a Secrets section for the little, unnoticed things that have significance to the series or are there just for fun (Such as item Cameos that are in other series, or the infamous Bug Island Glitch in KH1). It would be huge (Likely bigger than the Pokemon Platinum guidebook), and have a fairly high price tag, but if such a book found its way to american shores...It would be worth every penny.

But what would it be called...? I have a few name ideas...

The Kingdom Hearts Ultimate Encyclopedia: The Final Resource on everything contained within the World of Kingdom Hearts.

Lexicon of the Keyblade: The Door to every detail found within the Universe of Kingdom Hearts.

Any other cool names?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Lol, ShadowXemnas, give me some time to think about proper names, but I would suggest to scratch out any "Final" in a proposed name since this complete "KH encyclopedia" would not contain all information on KH but only from BBS up to 3DS if it should be released to the 10th Anniversary.

I would just love to get my hands on such a book and put it on my bookshelf, heck, depending on it's size i would probably even pay 50 Euro or more for it...

Or do you want to end KH for good that year?
Considering how long the main KH team takes for FF XIII versus and Nomuras statements we won't have KH III by that time...and it isn't even confirmed that KH III will be the last game of the Xehanort Saga.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Though I'd love the idea of a tenth year 'ulitmate guide' I can't see anything like that happening until after the Xehanort saga is wrapped up, so until after KH3. Though it would have to incorporate all the different consoles, the different versions that were missing various bosses and enemies, and would just be a general pain in the ass to write. Not saying I wouldn't love to have it, it just probably won't happen.

Anyway I'm very much looking forward to these Ultimania interviews. Hopefully there'll be some coded free spoiler questions that I can read (though I pretty much know the plot already from various un-spoiler-warned posts)

Key to Truth

Awards
I'm surprised no one has said anything about what's in the description of the pre-order.

-Play the Secret Episode!
You can now explore the secret movie's world by yourself! 
Search for the new map to slowly get more into the depths of the story.
What is the shocking end that awaits us?!

Roughly translated... but this might mean the secret episode must be really something big.

sdr08

I'm surprised no one has said anything about what's in the description of the pre-order.

-Play the Secret Episode!
You can now explore the secret movie's world by yourself! 
Search for the new map to slowly get more into the depths of the story.
What is the shocking end that awaits us?!

Roughly translated... but this might mean the secret episode must be really something big.

perhaps it means we get to play as Aqua in the Dark Relam? but thats not so shocking

Key to Truth

Awards
perhaps it means we get to play as Aqua in the Dark Relam? but thats not so shocking

That's what I meant, it can't be that... I'm pretty sure they mean something like a WHOLY new place. Looking forward to interviews.... it's weird they haven't been transcribed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back