• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu: Frozen, New Seven Hearts, summary video, no public demo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Yeah, I'm gonna be honest here. I don't think I'll be able to handle several hours of Chirithy narration. The voice is cute, but several hours of it will kinda get annoying.

Like out of all the characters, they pick Chirithy. Wouldn't it make more sense to have Yen Sid narrating? Or maybe the Master of Masters? The guy who basically wrote down the entire story into a book six times over? Jiminy? Eraqus? Sora? KEITH DAVID? They got Keith for the Square showcase, they can get him for this.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
well chirthy does make the most sense after all he pr she is with player no matter and besides the master of maters did create chirity so it only make sense to be chirity

DefiantHeart

Awards
Pirates of the Carribean still makes me go ugh... least it's more action pased it seems, but still... the one Disney movie I literally slept through. Curious as to why they're pursuing seven new hearts instead of the old ones.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Chirithy makes sense for the X-era parts of the story, but not for the present era BBS up to KH III.

For the present era, Yen Sid, Jiminy Cricket, Mickey, Merlin or even Ansem the Wise would be more suitable.

ROKU-SHI

Banned
I think the 7 new princesses are.

1. Rapunzel
2. Anna
3. Elizabeth Swann
4. Boo
5. Namine? (since Kairi was the original)
6. Shanti? (If Jungle Book makes it)
7. Megara?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

1. Rapunzel
2. Anna
3. Elizabeth Swann
4. Boo
7. Megara?
nomura only mention kairi rapunzel, anna, and elsa so far

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I doubt Tiana and Namine will be one. I think Boo and Elizabeth Swann.

1. Rapunzel
2. Anna
3. Elizabeth Swann
4. Boo
7. Megara?

Why do you doubt Tiana? Along with Anna, Elsa, and Rapunzel, she’s one of the primary Princesses in Disney Parks and merchandise. She’s a true princess and just as pure as the others. She certainly makes more sense than Boo or Elizabeth.

Boo is a toddler and can’t fully communicate. It’d be kind of messed up for them to depict toddler kidnapping when there are other options of Princesses who can hold their own. Alice was young, but she was still mature enough to speak for herself. As for Elizabeth, she more or less murdered Jack. I love her, but she isn’t pure of heart. To paint her as such would betray her character.

Also, you notice you said I was probably wrong about Namine and then suggested her in your double post, right? Also, Nomura confirmed Kairi is still one of the seven pure hearts, so she should be on the list regardless.

robotman

Why do you doubt Tiana? Along with Anna, Elsa, and Rapunzel, she’s one of the primary Princesses in Disney Parks and merchandise. She’s a true princess and just as pure as the others. She certainly makes more sense than Boo or Elizabeth.

Boo is a toddler and can’t fully communicate. It’d be kind of messed up for them to depict toddler kidnapping when there are other options of Princesses who can hold their own. Alice was young, but she was still mature enough to speak for herself. As for Elizabeth, she more or less murdered Jack. I love her, but she isn’t pure of heart. To paint her as such would betray her character.

Also, you notice you said I was probably wrong about Namine and then suggested her in your double post, right? Also, Nomura confirmed Kairi is still one of the seven pure hearts, so she should be on the list regardless.

How do you think Tiana would appear though? I think that it'd be a good world and the villain from the film is great but I don't see how they'd add the world to the game, who would be the party members? Also is the Princess and the Frog well known in Japan? That could lower the chances of it appearing in the game.

Vasquez

Awards
Elizabeth Swann, eh? I doubt it Luxord said he was looking for MOM's box and the organization isn't exactly hiding the fact that they are after the princesses of heart.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Chirithy makes sense for the X-era parts of the story, but not for the present era BBS up to KH III.

For the present era, Yen Sid, Jiminy Cricket, Mickey, Merlin or even Ansem the Wise would be more suitable.

Agreed. Honestly, when Chirithy would narrate in Chi Back Cover, I got this very weird Care Bears vibe from his/her/its voice. I don't know if I can withstand hours of Care Bears narration.

Yen Sid would get monotonous over time, but at least he'd sound cool. Jiminy would probably be the most appropriate overall, as he's been the chronicler of the series from the beginning. And since this is merely a summary of lore, it doesn't matter whether the actual character in-game actually knows the events, so I'd be cool with Jiminy narrating Chi as well.

cakito123

Awards
People

At the trailer Larxene only says "Maybe she is one of the pure light we need. The new seven hearts."

Any 'princesses'. Maybe the new 7 hearts aren't even girls or princesses? Surely it made sense in KH1 but now, looking at all the worlds we have, I don't think this will be the case anymore.

ghostwarmen

Awards
How do you think Tiana would appear though? I think that it'd be a good world and the villain from the film is great but I don't see how they'd add the world to the game, who would be the party members? Also is the Princess and the Frog well known in Japan? That could lower the chances of it appearing in the game.
Not sure how the film did in Japan, but popularity really doesn't matter, what matters is how well the plot would meld with KH's overall plot, which this film does really well. Besides, the film helped Disney gain their momentum back, that alone should give it some recognition. Party member wise, it doesn't really need party members, not all Disney worlds will have them (Frozen is looking like one that won't have any).

ImVentus

Awards
Well I think there's still a good point looking at what's hot and popular in Japan. Obviously Frozen is, Monsters Inc is huge in merchandise from what I believe. Finding Nemo is the 22nd biggest animated film in Japan according to box office results. And Finding Dory was marketed crazily in Japan back in 2016. It even got it's own attraction in Disneyland Japan.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
New PoH hopefully means new stations of awakening. Maybe that will be part of a tutorial.
I SO hope this happens!! Since we didn't actually visit all the princesses' in KH1's worlds, perhaps Ariel still has a chance of appearing as one of the new princesses even if Atlantica does not. (Ulterior motive: I really just want an official station of awakening for Ariel to match the gorgeous ones from KH1.....) I'm glad Elsa, Rapunzel, Anna will all be a part of the new group. Tiana better be, too. Perhaps they could have one station with both Elsa and Anna featured together.

Although... Wait, we only saw stations for the princesses whose worlds were destroyed in KH1. Ah, who cares, they rarely follow their own rules anymore. I care more about new art than precedents they've already blasted to smithereens regularly.
I think they are just making new ones. Kairi didn't lose her princess status. I think you can just chalk it up with Nomura's obsession with the number 13 again, lol.
Good point. I was wondering why they would include Kairi again and not switch her out for Namine (as a flipside version of Kairi just like this is a flipside version of the PoH). That explains it.
I already addressed the first point as Jack Skellington also has no fighting skills at all. And the whole Elsa thing, if this goes beyond the movie then she should also be beyond that point but yes, that reason makes more sense if they are trying to stay in character. But real talk, they could just...edit the story more. I really hope this does have more to it than just Frozen's plot, just as I hope the same for Pirates and Tangled.

It sorta matters when they leave out literal magic wielding females from an RPG party lol. You're implying they shouldn't just throw in a woman to have one, yet all the ones we have been mentioning in this thread have actual combat abilities anyway. And are all important characters in their films at that. Its not like we are saying Alice should have been a party member or something.
THIS. It's not like anyone is asking for Boo from Monsters Inc or Bo Peep from Toy Story to be party members. Anna and Elsa on the other hand are main characters that would work just fine as party members. I didn't really expect Elsa to be one in KH3 since they're following the plot of the first movie when she's mostly off on her own (I imagine she will be a party member in future games though; I expected her to be treated sort of like Hercules, who only just now gets to be a party member), but there's no excuse for Anna and Kristoff to be ignored. Don't get me wrong, I like that Marshmallow will be present in battles (sometimes? all the time?), that's cool. Still, that doesn't make up for the lack of a good party member for this world.

As far as "Let It Go" and the labyrinth created by Larxene... I imagine "Let It Go" will be background music only, either the world's non-fighting theme or used for a brief moment like the B&tB music at the end of Beast's Castle in KH2. As far as the labyrinth, it's possible Larxene used her lightning and daggers to slash a labyrinth out of an ice block/glacier/lol iced over cave, whatever, insert-plot-here.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I think they are just making new ones. Kairi didn't lose her princess status. I think you can just chalk it up with Nomura's obsession with the number 13 again, lol.
This actually ruins the motif; 6 Princesses + 6 GoL + Kairi who is both = 13 Lights. If we're retaining the old princesses as well as new ones, we have 6 OG Princesses + 6 Neo Pure Hearts + 6 GoL + Kairi who is all = 19, which rates A Meaningless Effort in my book of KH number symbolism.

There was no need for new Princesses; it shifts the lore of the KH series horizontally by doing a palette swap on an existent plot mechanic, providing the illusion of story development without altering the status quo; it (likely) robs us of the opportunity to examine the powers and purpose of the original PoH in any serious way, whom we've barely had the opportunity to so much as consider as characters; and it enhances this toxic notion pervasive in KH that women are defined by their purity and their vulnerability, or at least that those qualities tend more often than not to define women. At this point in the series Nomura does not need to be rebooting sexist tropes, especially not when the first game was at least inadvertently susceptible to deconstructing them in interesting if roundabout ways.

If Nomura wanted to tie the actions of the New Organization to the Disney worlds in a fashion that echoed KH1, there are two superior routes he could have chosen:

1) Make it about kids. The fairytale about the destruction and reconstruction of the worlds mentions that the light within children was responsible for piecing everything back together, making it a logical movement for Xehanort to at least investigate the veracity of this bit of folklore if he himself is aiming to reconstruct the world. On a meta level, it slots in with a similar motif to that of the Princesses of Heart, which aimed to give famous Disney heroines plot relevance; the same could be done with the plethora of famous young Disney protagonists such as Andy, Boo, Hiro, Lilo and Christopher Robin who become representative of the children from the fairytale.

2) Make it about darkness. Invert the scenario; rather than rehashing the princess of light plot for no reason, Xehanort ought to be seeking out candidates for pure darkness. His stated motive is to create a world that represents balance between light and darkness, so why would he want to find or, worse, create seven new pillars of pure light to form his new world? 7 of those already exist, so what Xehanort should really be seeking is a series of candidates who are strong enough to act as vessels for total darkness and counter the light of the 7 Princesses. This would work because, in the first place, he already has one: Vanitas, who would then act as the thematic foil to Kairi being that he is both a Seeker and a Pure Darkness. It would also clarify and strengthen Larxene's role in Arendelle and recenter Elsa in a way that makes actual sense: if you're trying to sniff out and enhance the light in someone, Larxene is one of the last people I would send for reasons that should be obvious-- but if your goal is to snipe at their insecurities, inflict psychological torture and drive them towards the darkness, Larxene is perfect for that. This has the added benefit of causing the story to acknowledge feminine characters as layered, complex and differentiated from others in their moments of internal crisis, rather than stalwart Forces for Universal Good who exist simply to condone the actions of the real agents of change, who happen to be predominantly male-identified.

I mean, now that Aqua is apparently out of the running (which, ugh), Kairi is the only female GoL, and a significant portion of the fanbase will be complaining about how unrealistically overpowered she is because the series neglected her for a decade; so what we definitely needed at this time was another round of How to Get Away with Victimizing Women.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Any 'princesses'. Maybe the new 7 hearts aren't even girls or princesses? Surely it made sense in KH1 but now, looking at all the worlds we have, I don't think this will be the case anymore.

Unfortunately Nomura has already made clear that the new seven pure hearts will again be all female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back