• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu features Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Famitsu previewed Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- in their August 7th issue (released 24th of July) which covers 4 pages of Kingdom Hearts goodness, focusing specifically on Kingdom Hearts Re:coded.

Many fans are excited for Kingdom Hearts Re:coded as it boasts two hours of brand new footage, battle scenes, and Disney worlds. These scans show off Wonderland, Agrabah, Hollow Bastion, The Datascape, and Castle Oblivion. Returning fan-favourite characters include Alice (Alice in Wonderland), Final Fantasy VIII's Selphie, Final Fantasy X's Tidus and Wakka, as well as Roxas, Axel and Xion.

You can view these scans below, and thanks to Zephyr we also have full translations:

Click to enlarge!

This work deals with three titles that are HD remastered for the KINGDOM HEARTS series. In KINGDOM HEARTS II and KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, many elements have been added from the overseas version as the base as a FINAL MIX version and you will be able to enjoy it in Japanese audio with gorgeous specifications. And this time, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded is being introduced as footage.

Tetsuya Nomura's illustration has been revealed! It is drawn in anticipation for the battle between Master Xehanort in one amazing piece!

Records of their journey are in Jiminy's Journal. Sora finds a mysterious message that wasn't there before and tries to figure out its mystery.

"These aren't Sora's memories but rather the memories of those who are connected to Sora."

Battles are the highlights
In KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded, it includes not only the event cutscenes, which are about 1 hour, from the original but it also includes battles scenes to make the scenes more dramatic.

About two more hours have been added in the footage. In addition, a character glossary will be available. You will be able to understand the story more by checking them out.

Sora
A data version of the protagonist Sora. Just like the real Sora, he can also wield the Keyblade.

Riku
Similarly to Sora, he is a presence born from the data world and he is also Sora's close friend. Furthermore, he seems to be after the secret that has appeared…

In order to solve the mystery of the message inside Jiminy's Journal, the King tries to return the data from the Journal.

However, bugs have been generated in mass amounts. Therefore, in cooperation with Data Sora, the King sets out to eliminate these bugs. And from the cause of the bugs, nobody seems to remember writing the message and its meaning!?

History of KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded
KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded originally was a game released for mobile phones in 2009. After that, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded was remade for the Nintendo DS. In this work, it is now a movie.

Even though KINGDOM HEARTS coded was for mobile phones, the quality of the game was high.

The hardware and gameplay has changed in various ways as similarly with the conventional series, it has evolved into a full-fledged action RPG.

"Hey Pete, give Riku back!"

How the storyline flows
In this footage, it features full voice acting and you will be able to read subtitles are displayed during event scenes. What you will see will change depending on the scene, you will be able to continue where you left off, so people can watch the story without getting tired.

Under the havoc of the bugs, the memories of its residents seem to be confused!? Sora can help restore their memories by searching for the hidden keyhole and the Bug boss.

Where did Alice's memory go?

Like the real Sora, Data Sora also has the power to connect and fix situations. The King, as much as Sora, is also able to help.

Jafar is taking advantage of the chaos caused by the invasion of bugs in order to take over the city. By using the magic lamp, he schemes of ambitious plans.

"And, I can say clearly that Sora's heart has touched all of us."

It looks like you will be able to find the location of the Keyhole if Alice regains her memory.

"Remember that you don't have to fight alone."

"It looks like my work here was great!"

With the help of Hercules, Sora continues to fight in the Coliseum, which has been invaded by bugs. However, a mercenary hired by Hades is also there!

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will release in Japan on October 2nd 2014, in North America on December 2nd 2014, and in Europe/PAL Region on December 5th 2014.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
2 hours of unseen battles and cinematic??? Now I'm actually excited to grab some popcorn and watch Re:Coded while earning those trophies. It's pretty cool to see some of the old Final Fantasy characters return to the series as well.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
More Re:Coded! Yaaaaay!!!

The doors behind Data Riku and Data Sora look really nice. I can't wait to see this. I usually wait till I have the game myself to watch the cutscenes, but for Re: Coded here I'll be making an exception!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It should be made note that by "unseen" that just means "wasn't a proper cutscene in the game before"

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think I see the Sora vs Roxas fight, it's not easy to forget.

The change from Coded's scenes from DS ReCoded to the the movie does show. Watching the fights will be interesting, because I'm curious as to the battle range, how long. Not too long, not too short.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
More Re:Coded! Yaaaaay!!!

The doors behind Data Riku and Data Sora look really nice. I can't wait to see this. I usually wait till I have the game myself to watch the cutscenes, but for Re: Coded here I'll be making an exception!

I'm going to be importing the game as well to stream for KHI, so that should be fun~

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm really excited to hear Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka voiced again. I always liked Sora's friendship with those three, so I'm psyched to see those scenes brought even more to life. It's just too bad that they'll most likely be getting new VAs for them... I liked the kids from KHI, but they would sound way different now. LOL.

bczp

Hey guys. The link to the top right picture is incorrect. It leads back to the top left image when its clicked. Cure!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for catching that. It was the other way round before but my attempts to fix it obviously didn't work ahaha.

Narxus

I'm so excited for the the battle scenes. They are going to be so awesome :3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm so used to seeing Sora and Roxas duke it out when they're older, it's sort of bizarre to seeing younger Sora instead.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm so used to seeing Sora and Roxas duke it out when they're older, it's sort of bizarre to seeing younger Sora instead.

I hadn't thought about that, Sign. Oh my gosh, that explains so much. No wonder I thought it seemed off somehow. Huh. Does that mean Roxas is going to look somewhat younger accordingly?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I hadn't thought about that, Sign. Oh my gosh, that explains so much. No wonder I thought it seemed off somehow. Huh. Does that mean Roxas is going to look somewhat younger accordingly?

I think so! There are some subtle differences between the KH2 and Days Roxas models, at least from first glance (someone with the files could contradict this though). KH2 Roxas appears leaner, for example.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Dat images of Roxas and Sora about to fight, I can't wait for this. ;n;

Antar

Awards
:O
This will definitive be a popcorn worthy movie. It sounds close to an actual movie, something many fans have always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back