• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu: Extended Interview with Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 from E3 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Speaking of old concepts I just realized they had a good opportunity to use Sora's old Lion model for Monsters Inc. Oh well, lol.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Hopefully we get to see concept art of Dragon Sora

Because I like dragons, I imagine it'll look like Bahamut

If you go back and take a look at the leaks from December, you can see a little bit of these early designs. Sora's fluffy ears were previously orange reptilian horns.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
If you go back and take a look at the leaks from December, you can see a little bit of these early designs. Sora's fluffy ears were previously orange reptilian horns.
Aren't his Ears technically horns? Cause in Monsters Inc. none of the Monsters from what I've seen, including Sulley ever had ears as most they either were earless, had horns or tentacles on the top or side of their heads.

Also, the orange colored version of Monster Sora was actually his power form so I doubt it was set to be his permanent fur color for this world and could just be his placeholder model before the final touches. Even Monster Goofy's form was an Olive green color in the leaks before he was settled in the Dark Green color on his skin.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Aren't his Ears technically horns? Cause in Monsters Inc. none of the Monsters from what I've seen, including Sulley ever had ears as most they either were earless, had horns or tentacles on the top or side of their heads.

https://images.khinsider.com/KINGDOM HEARTS III/Renders/Main Characters/SoraMI.png

They sure look like floppy ears to me, but you can call them what you want. The point is, they look less furry and more horn like in the leak. Though without seeing the front, who can say.

Also, the orange colored version of Monster Sora was actually his power form so I doubt it was set to be his permanent fur color for this world and could just be his placeholder model before the final touches.
Nothing is permanent, not even after the game is out. These "placeholders" are earlier designs that they're working through, they know they're most likely going to change but the fact that they exist at all means they made them based on a design.

Even Monster Goofy's form was an Olive green color in the leaks before he was settled in the Dark Green color on his skin.
Yes. Because it was an earlier design. You can see his eyes are also uniform, and they changed it to match his halloween design aesthetics exactly like Nomura said in the interview. This is what he was talking about, and that's what I meant.

TheZX

Awards
Yeah I guess it's all about the angles but I totally see it now. Also that's insane I've never seen a key like that before lol.

Wallflower3582

For certain reasons, Riku's original Keyblade breaks and he gets a new one from Yen Sid.

I might be reaching a bit far on this, but I kinda wonder if Yen Sid has some dark past we don't know about that might get touched on in KH3. I mean, we know he's an ex-Keyblade Master, but I find it a little suspicious that he's just got a Kingdom Key laying around. Maybe there's a lot more to his story than I thought. He was an accomplice of Eraqus and Xehanort's, I wonder if his involvement with them when they were young has something to do with his retirement.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm happy to see that Monsters Inc. is a spiritual successor world to The Nightmare Before Christmas. Though I wonder, what toys are SDG's toy forms based off?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I love how the snowboarding game is blatantly referenced here. The beginning of Disc 2, Icicle Inn and it's snowy peripherals were some of my favorite areas in FF7. Now, he's telling me I'm going to be emotionally wrecked not only with the content related to closing the final chapter on the Xehanort saga, but vicariously through it by making call backs to referenced FF worlds we'll never access in this universe, the example here via one big (potentially literal) avalanche of nostalgic gut-punches. Someone play Dearly Beloved at my funeral; this game will slay me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back