• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu Covers Recent Kingdom Hearts III Information and Media in October 25th Issue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Famitsu's latest release has a six page spread on the recent Kingdom Hearts III media release. Included are screenshots and renders from both Olympus and Twilight Town.

As of right now, it appears that Famitsu is providing small recaps of previously known information but our translators are working hard to see if there are any bits of new information for you to enjoy.

Click on the images above to view them in their full size!

You can view the Olympus screenshots here, the Olympus renders here, and the Twilight Town screenshots and renders here.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’d love to see translations of those dialogue lines if they can be made out! I am especially curious about what Maleficent (I’m assuming) is saying in her and Pete’s screenshot.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maleficent and Pete being in a wrecked Thebes makes me wonder if Hades requested those two distract the heroes while he attacks Olympus.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Awesome! I'm not expecting anything new from this, but if there's even a little bit of something that'll be cool.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I’d love to see translations of those dialogue lines if they can be made out! I am especially curious about what Maleficent (I’m assuming) is saying in her and Pete’s screenshot.
I wish but unfortunately they said they don't do translations on certain Magazine scans unless if it's important or from an interview.

I still haven't seen the Famitsu issue last month centering on Big Hero 6 being translated yet and said they don't want to waste their time on it.

Maleficent and Pete being in a wrecked Thebes makes me wonder if Hades requested those two distract the heroes while he attacks Olympus.
Perhaps, they could be the instigators for Summoning the Rock Troll Heartless unless if this took place after the Rock Troll Fight. I'm just happy we're getting more details of Olympus after 3 years of seeing gameplay footage of the world and the Rock Titan boss fight, etc..

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wish but unfortunately they said they don't do translations on certain Magazine scans unless if it's important or from an interview.

I still haven't seen the Famitsu issue last month centering on Big Hero 6 being translated yet and said they don't want to waste their time on it.

Perhaps, they could be the instigators for Summoning the Rock Troll Heartless unless if this took place after the Rock Troll Fight. I'm just happy we're getting more details of Olympus after 3 years of seeing gameplay footage of the world and the Rock Titan boss fight, etc..

They don’t translate stuff that they can tell doesn’t have new information. This dialogue is new information. They’ve already translated two of the screenshots from these scans that were previously released. I’m not saying they have to or will provide translations for these, but I’m sure they’ll be looking to see if there’s any noteworthy material in the dialogue lines and will share it with us if deemed appropriate.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
They don’t translate stuff that they can tell doesn’t have new information. This dialogue is new information. They’ve already translated two of the screenshots from these scans that were previously released. I’m not saying they have to or will provide translations for these, but I’m sure they’ll be looking to see if there’s any noteworthy material in the dialogue lines and will share it with us if deemed appropriate.
Fair enough. It's just I want to know what the translated articles are about regardless if like they said they ONLY translate something if "it's new information or an Interview".

Anyhow, I just noticed something on both the Famitsu image of SDG confronting Pete and Maleficent and the one uploaded on Square Enix's press website, noticed on Pete's jawline that he is slightly opening his mouth than the one from the Famitsu image, or that's just me?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah they aren't the exact same image. You can also see how Goofy's shield covers the places where the stones meet in the Famitsu one.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Fair enough. It's just I want to know what the translated articles are about regardless if like they said they ONLY translate something if "it's new information or an Interview".

Anyhow, I just noticed something on both the Famitsu image of SDG confronting Pete and Maleficent and the one uploaded on Square Enix's press website, noticed that Pete's jawline is slightly opening his mouth than the one from the Famitsu image, or that's just me?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I understand wanting to know what the stuff says, but if there isn’t an interview or anything, these are just Famitsu’s impressions on what we already know. They’re just writing captions and blurbs on what they see in the new screenshots. Therefore, translating that stuff isn’t a good allocation of time since it doesn’t contain factual news or information. KHI’s translators have lives and I’m pretty sure they volunteer their skills. There’s no reason to bother them with translating a third party’s impression of KH content.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
It's understandable but still a bit disappointing having so many characters omitted from the films. Wanted to see the Fates/Muses more of the gods the Nessus etc too.

Awards
So that yellow outfit of Sora's is one of the new drive forms of the new outfit, right? I seem to have missed that reveal somehow, but it's confirmed that Sora still has magical boy transformations? I'm guessing with the lack of dual wield keyblades that this yellow outfit is not the master form equivalent.

It's understandable but still a bit disappointing having so many characters omitted from the films. Wanted to see the Fates/Muses more of the gods the Nessus etc too.

Did the Muses even show up in the movie storyline itself though or were they just exposition outside the story? I don't think they actually interacted with any of the other characters. Might have to watch it again but I'm pretty sure they were just singing about the story and drooling over Hercules. XD

Vaddix

Awards
Did the Muses even show up in the movie storyline itself though or were they just exposition outside the story? I don't think they actually interacted with any of the other characters. Might have to watch it again but I'm pretty sure they were just singing about the story and drooling over Hercules. XD

Honey, you mean HUNKULES.

[video=youtube;WuzBpuiXnu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuzBpuiXnu4[/video]

okhi12

Awards
So that yellow outfit of Sora's is one of the new drive forms of the new outfit, right? I seem to have missed that reveal somehow, but it's confirmed that Sora still has magical boy transformations? I'm guessing with the lack of dual wield keyblades that this yellow outfit is not the master form equivalent.

The only interaction I can think of is when Meg was singing. They handed her the white flower at least twice. Not a very impressive interaction, But at least they interacted somehow. I don't remember who opened the wine bottle which soaked someone near the end. Were the muses involved?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Yup drive forms are back and come with keyblade transformations each.

So far we have five categories of Drive forms. Yellow is Guardian, Red is Power, Blue is magic, and Green could be considered a speed form. And the Kingdom key gives us or second form based on his KH2 outfit.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Yup drive forms are back and come with keyblade transformations each.

So far we have five categories of Drive forms. Yellow is Guardian, Red is Power, Blue is magic, and Green could be considered a speed form. And the Kingdom key gives us or second form based on his KH2 outfit.

Interesting how we have Second Form based on KHII, but no First Form based on the original KINGDOM HEARTS.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Interesting how we have Second Form based on KHII, but no First Form based on the original KINGDOM HEARTS.

It's a little odd, because Second Form has plenty of KH1-only attacks like Rangarok as a shotlock, Sonic Blade, and Ars. Even a few combo moves return from KH1 like ripple drive. I'm glad we have Second Form for variety's sake as opposed to a retread of Limit Form, because now the FRANCHISE has both, and both are quite appealing to look at if you ask me.

Another big boy bet: once costumes are added as DLC (this is all but confirmed) we're getting all the old drives as costumes or even movesets, along with standard KH2 and KH1 clothes. And Roxas clothes, an org cloak, Halloween Town clothes, Timeless River garb, etc etc etc

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sora to Herc: “I came here because I had something I needed to ask you”

Meg to Herc: “Please be careful, Wonderboy”

Maleficent (to Pete presumably, no context makes it a little hard): Come now, we have more important matters to attend to than these impudents.

Hades (sitting on throne): From today on, I’m the boss.

Pence (screenshot of Heyner looking back at him): Well to put it short, there was no one who knew who Roxas was.

Ienzo: Anyway, analysis on the “Ansem Code” is progressing smoothly.

Saken can't make out some of the wording on the shot of Ienzo with his back to the camera. This is all he could get: “Pence, (connect?) my computer with the network”

Big thanks to Saken for translating this!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora to Herc: “I came here because I had something I needed to ask you”

Meg to Herc: “Please be careful, Wonderboy”

Maleficent (to Pete presumably, no context makes it a little hard): Come now, we have more important matters to attend to than these impudents.

Hades (sitting on throne): From today on, I’m the boss.

Pence (screenshot of Heyner looking back at him): Well to put it short, there was no one who knew who Roxas was.

Ienzo: Anyway, analysis on the “Ansem Code” is progressing smoothly.

Saken can't make out some of the wording on the shot of Ienzo with his back to the camera. This is all he could get: “Pence, (connect?) my computer with the network”

Big thanks to Saken for translating this!

Yay! Thanks Saken! I’m really looking forward to learning more about Maleficent’s plans since it seems like it has little to do with Sora and the gang, unlike Xehanort’s plan which they’re essential to. It’ll be interesting to see how it eventually ties into our main characters. I know we’ve had a few of them, but I so hope we get another Dragon fight in this engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back