• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu 4/5 Translations! OP UPDATED

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think you guys are reading WAY WAY TOO FAR in to this.
I don't really. I'm not saying what the game will be, but I still believe there is a game before KH3. Nomura usually brazenly hints in his "subtle" way at new titles, like the countless times he mentioned a "mystery" title. But he's been shockingly quiet as of late. And he in no way outright states that KH3 will be the next game to be produced.

Maybe he doesn't want to guarantee anything to anyone because I can tell you that the instant Kingdom Hearts 3 is officially announced with a logo that shows it is KH3, not 3D, fans everywhere are going ape$#*! crazy -__-
I didn't say anything about a logo. o_o

It's no shock that KH3 will be an existing title, Nomura has confirmed it many times. Most of the fanbase seems to assume KH3 is the next game to be put in production anyway, so I doubt there would be much issue with Nomura mentioning it if it were true.

kakalakingma

Nomura: At that time, I figured by the time I was 50 years old I wouldn’t be able to work like I did then, so I took a slow pace. (Wry laughter.) The Xehanort saga will end in the next one, but it’s not necessarily completely over. When I finish it, I want to “close” the story completely, so no one could make a continuation of it. I’m thinking of a way to end it so there is no room to continue it.

Ending the Xehanort saga does not mean the whole Kingdom Hearts series will end, does it?

I feel like the Xehanort saga is one book with many chapters. So, the Kingdom Hearts series can still go on, right? I hope so. I really do not want it to end. :(

I wish I have the chance to sit down with him and request of him to not end the series. Let it grow.

Key Wielder

Awards
Ending the Xehanort saga does not mean the whole Kingdom Hearts series will end, does it?

I feel like the Xehanort saga is one book with many chapters. So, the Kingdom Hearts series can still go on, right? I hope so. I really do not want it to end. :(

I wish I have the chance to sit down with him and request of him to not end the series. Let it grow.

I can't remember which interview he specifically said it in, but Mr. Nomura has said that once the Xehanort saga ends, he plans on continuing the series with Sora remaining the main character (KH is Sora's story, after all). So unless something radically changes, I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

KevVentus

An HD collection sounds a lot more plausible, but I definitely expect new content in one, and I don't mean just the FM stuff. I mean full-on, never before seen stuff.

Yes, definitely. Like new Keyblades and a new secret trailer, among other things. I also like thinking it will come with sexy new artwork instead of just photoshopping the individual covers of the games all on the front cover... I hate how remasters do that!

When KH3 is finally announced, many tears will be shed.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I didn't say anything about a logo. o_o

I know you didn't lol I was just using it as an example that SE would give to confirm its eminent release. I'm just saying that even though everyone knows it will come eventually, nobody knows when, so if SE did officially announce KH3 (and provide proof lets say with a logo was what I meant), casual fans everywhere would go crazy, and as they said:
the universe will explode.

Yes, definitely. Like new Keyblades and a new secret trailer, among other things. I also like thinking it will come with sexy new artwork instead of just photoshopping the individual covers of the games all on the front cover... I hate how remasters do that!

Personally, if they just released a KH remaster with a gray box with nothing on it, and plain discs with no images on them that worked, I'd buy it, I don't need any perks xP Maybe my standards are too low <_<

KevVentus

Hmmm perhaps : P

I'd settle for any cover too. But KH covers are always so beautiful. Imagine what one would look like if it's meant to portray multiple entries in the series? Ahhhhh

Absolute

They made it clear that Versus needs to come out first before they can focus 100% on just developing KHIII. At this point, I wouldn't get my hopes up for the trailer for KHIII until 3 years from now.

Versus is turning into a running gag at this point. Just call it Versus Forever.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They made it clear that Versus needs to come out first before they can focus 100% on just developing KHIII. At this point, I wouldn't get my hopes up for the trailer for KHIII until 3 years from now.

Versus is turning into a running gag at this point. Just call it Versus Forever.

It's an exaggeration really. DNF was announced in the fucking 1990s.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
All these stuff is fine and we know it's coming and all. I just want one thing to announce it or reveal when they are into full production not before they begin.

In any case the sure thing is that after the English release of the KH3D and E3 we can't be sure what is going to happen because KH3 depends on Versus and the "next title" depends on what more info we'll get.

So one thing is for sure. Versus news ----> KH3 news, Big Event(TGS) ----> potential KH news.

Ulicies

This is funny xD

I definitely would like for the Kingdom Hearts franchise to continue after the Xehanort Saga. I personally want the series to eventually veer farther away from the whimsical Disney influence to a more VersusXIII vibe. Like the Riku Vs Roxas CGI.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Hmmm perhaps : P

I'd settle for any cover too. But KH covers are always so beautiful. Imagine what one would look like if it's meant to portray multiple entries in the series? Ahhhhh

3khgamesofficialartwork_2.jpg

4b4f026eb8cd521698fd92015b844e6d1229829212_full.jpg

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I personally want the series to eventually veer farther away from the whimsical Disney influence to a more VersusXIII vibe. Like the Riku Vs Roxas CGI.
Not to get my hate all over your opinion, but I truly hope this never happens (well, minus the Deep Dive motif, more of that would be fine). But whimsical Disney is part of what makes KH magical. Which is funny for me to say, because I don't really like most Disney material on its own terms, but somehow KH has managed to filter out the qualities in Disney I dislike and draw on its strengths as a franchise company. It would just feel weird to me if Sora became Noctis...mostly because Riku is already Noctis, from what I can tell.

That and every time I imagine ~edgy KH I just come up with Donald being like, "&*^(*% hell Goofy, you're such &*^-up, go die! Sora get your &*^*& over here and train harder before I #$#@ your @#$#$ up with my giant &*^*!" and then Xigbar snipes him and there's blood everywhere and Sora is standing there crying silently and it doesn't work. That's probably because I'm seriously disturbed in the brain, though. :|

Ikkin

Bronze Member
That and every time I imagine ~edgy KH I just come up with Donald being like, "&*^(*% hell Goofy, you're such &*^-up, go die! Sora get your &*^*& over here and train harder before I #$#@ your @#$#$ up with my giant &*^*!" and then Xigbar snipes him and there's blood everywhere and Sora is standing there crying silently and it doesn't work. That's probably because I'm seriously disturbed in the brain, though. :|

Heh, well, that doesn't seem much like it'd demonstrate more Versus influence at all. XD Random "edgy," maybe, but random profanity and gore doesn't seem to be Versus' thing (the most recent gameplay trailer had no profanity even in the fan translation and toned down the blood demonstrated in earlier trailers by a lot, so it's unlikely either of those things are particularly important for that game).

If KH took more influence from Versus, that'd most likely just mean a more consistently dark tone instead of mixing in dark original stuff with comic relief and silliness. Not really sure that'd help the series much, though. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back