• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

False Advertisement in KH I.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The following image was taken from a preview image of I.5, lined up next to a Youtube video screenshot of someones playthrough of I.5.
Ignoring the right image's 360p quality, there's an issue here, and there's no missing it.
2u2Fz

The image on the right is in fact from I.5. I wonder why they did this?

Decrith

Strange, I did notice it, it's like everything is in HD except for those 2, but when they zoom in on Riku's face it's back to HD.
You guys should report it to SE, maybe it can be patched up for the JP edition, and fixed for us as well by the time the game is released.

On a side note, is it possible that the one on the left is a scene in Re:CoM? I don't remember much about the game so it might be possible which could be why Riku looks different.

Launchpad

Awards
No, that scene never appears in COM. It was released in a batch of KH1 HD screenshots from I.5. There are actually tons of I.5 bullshots by SE, so I'm just not going to completely trust their promo screenshots anymore. This is ridiculous.

And they would never patch it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sadly, game companies all around the world release HQ screenshots of a game that don't reflect the actual quality in-game.
Happens for handheld games, as well as console games. I remember people were disappointed that The Last of Us didn't look like the screenshots Naughty Dog released, despite being a beautiful game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol guys, this is nothing new. Companies have been doctoring screenshots since forever. They do it for advertisement purposes. It is done to sell the game and give an idea of what the final product might look like even if it doesn't.

Launchpad

Awards
It's worse that this is an HD re-release though. With new game releases, you can expect bullshots, but this having been a re-release, a lot of people thought that these screens were genuine improvements. I think I.5 is fantastic and all, but this was pretty disappointing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, I don't think watching it on Youtube, which is highly compressed, was the best idea in order to get the feel of the comparison.

But this isn't new. And it's really not something to be fretting over.

Launchpad

Awards
I personally just find it strange. It's not as if it isn't possible to have pulled of the left image. It makes me wonder why they even made it. And it "not being something to fret over" is completely subjective. I'm just going to take any 2.5 screenshots with a grain of salt.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bullshots should DEFINITELY be expected in a HD remaster. These games weren't really built for the PS3, so if they had to photoshop some images for the press to have in their magazines and websites, it shouldn't come as a shock.

I was kind of upset that it was a bullshot, but eh. Better than it being their very glitchy screenshots taken from a pre-debugged version of the game:

04.png

27.png

11.jpg

(mind you these were released on the 10th so its either glitched or photoshopped. choose your poison)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Bullshots should DEFINITELY be expected in a HD remaster. These games weren't really built for the PS3, so if they had to photoshop some images for the press to have in their magazines and websites, it shouldn't come as a shock.

I was kind of upset that it was a bullshot, but eh. Better than it being their very glitchy screenshots taken from a pre-debugging version of the game:

04.png

27.png

11.jpg
It's sad that Square Enix sent these out only a few weeks ago.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's sad this kind of thing is pretty rampant. Not going to play, that comparison is disappointing as hell considering the whole cosmetic facelift is one of the top reasons to get this ReMIX. I really do hate bullshots. I expect renders and poster art to be a bit more glamorous than the in game graphics, but articles pretending to be actual screenshots, well it just ain't right.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It's sad this kind of thing is pretty rampant. Not going to play, that comparison is disappointing as hell considering the whole cosmetic facelift is one of the top reasons to get this ReMIX. I really do hate bullshots. I expect renders and poster art to be a bit more glamorous than the in game graphics, but articles pretending to be actual screenshots, well it just ain't right.

^you shouldn't let this hinder you from playing. It still looks much better than regular KH, even upsaled.

My question is why go through the effort to photoshop when.......hang on. Square-enix marketing wasn't working on the actual game, was it? Otherwise, it wouldn't really take more effort to put these bullshots in the game than to shop them.

Either way, I'm still excited and probably won't actively notice because I'll be absorbed in the game.

Last edited:

Fortissimo

Thats kind of shitty... but i'll still play it anyway. Hell, I'm content with playing the original over and over again. And 1.5 is still worth the buy because of the Days movie and CoM
and the art book
and that it's on Ps3
and it's the rimix version.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
And the music

ant the stuff that's been in the trailers

and the trophies

basically the remix version, as previously mentioned.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Go look up old Dissidia Duodecim screenshots square released. Compare them to the real game. Doctoring their pictures has been something they've done for quite some time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Keep in mind guys that they had to rebuild KH1 from copied data since they didn't have the original data. A lot of the game was recreated from the ground up, plus there was a VERY small team working on this and they had to learn how to program for a 10 year old game. Not everything would have been fixed up. Time constraints plus programming limits would have hindered them.

The game still looks absolutely gorgeous, and a lot better than the original KHFM. In the end that is what matters.

Bullshots are made by all companies for all types of things. It's nothing to fuss or get upset about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back