• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Its their go to quote when referring to sexuality. Same shit happened with Rise of Skywalker.
Disney: Just watch the film!

We all proceed to blink and miss the random lesbian kiss by two characters who had one speaking line in the background

Disney: 🥳 aren’t you proud of us? Look, it’s our first lesbian relationship in SW! 🥳

Willow A113

Awards
It's Disney we are talking about. They are always taking about how some characters are secretely gays in the interviews, but nothing happens on screen. They are afraid to take narrative risks and that's why in my opinion everything they do feel so empty these days.
Then if i am wrong and Bucky turns out bi, I will gladely swallow my words.
Note that I still have to watch episode 1. XD
From what I saw of this thread it seems like they're taking risks when bringing up racial issues, so I don't know.

AegisXIII

Awards
From what I saw of this thread it seems like they're taking risks when bringing up racial issues, so I don't know.
I am usually not a big fan of bringing politics into a show as it often falls flat as some poorly articulated propaganda/lecturing that never serves the actual story. BUT if there is one show that should tackle this issue, it's this one. The racial topic definitely fits the narrative here, so they should go for it without hesitation.

D

Deleted member 246005

Zemo is one of my favorite MCU villians so I'm glad to see him back.

Today's episode was pretty fun and a good midpoint.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I might be late to this, but I just found out it's only 6 episodes. I am sad :(

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought it was an interesting take on some of the show's shortcomings.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Oh wow, wasn't expecting it to get quite this dark. There's still a lot of things left unanswered, but I guess we'll get answers to it in the next few episodes.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
In retrospect, it was good that WandaVision was released before The Falcon and the Winter Soldier because the latter is leaving such a stronger impression. This show makes reminds me of all the reasons why I enjoyed the Marvel Netflix series.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Just what I needed in my life another mystery box -_- But I'm guessing Sam got a vibranium suit in a Cap Murica style. Gotta compensate for for no super strength somehow

EDIT: & there's a mid-credits scene in Ep 5.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This show keeps surprising me with how forward it's tackling things, no wonder there are some people losing their minds, calling it BLM propaganda for reflecting reality as blatantly as it has.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

AegisXIII

Awards
I just watched the first five episodes this weekend. I tend to be very nervous when big studios attempt to address political issues as I feel that I am most of the time being lectured rather than entertained.

Well I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. Not only do they take risks by tackling super sensitive issues, they even managed to do it in a way that makes us think and see everyone point of view organically.
I personally like that they are showing that going extreme in your positions usually ends up in violence, whatever your political believe is and it's a great attempt to depict the world as it is, which is complicated.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Anyone kinda find it funny that the dark/racial undertones are brought up front? I mean this is Disney we’re talking about...

So, I’ve rewatched the episodes and the one thing that still annoys me is how the show went from super awesome rescue mission to finding out and dealing with a new cult ran by kids who seem to be misguided extremists. Like the first scene of the first episode was soooo good. I want more intense action scenes. Not gunna lie it went from amazing to kinda meh

Back