• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fads that you grew up with, Thread edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meow Wow

Awards
Not really a fad but who remembers these?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
TECH DECKS!!

Anyone remember these things? I remember as a kid you were NOTHING if you weren't able to pimp your deck to be all stylish! I think I owned around 12 boards at one time at one point, and we used to trade decals like god damn trading cards back in the day.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
I had gone through a DnD phase. With dice and notes and everything, every week me and my friends would get together in the empty classroom and then just start rolling.

I still have the dice, but their numbers are already worn out. People still play DnD but they're a rarity nowadays. I do love me some Tabletops.

Meow Wow

Awards
Wizard 101 and Poptropica

I played poptropica all the time before the stupid pay to play and constant advertisements flooded the game.

Awards
I used to love Poptropica! That and Animal Jam and Cool Math! I was literally obsessed with playing those, but my computer sucked and took forever to load. So I eventually got so ticked waiting for it to load that I was like screw it,and stopped playing.

Soldier

Awards
Not really a fad but who remembers these?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ah, I remember those ice creams, back in my day if you partook in the summer reading challenge at my school you were treated to an ice cream party where these were served. If I recall, they tasted better than the storebought brands, which made them even sweeter.

Meow Wow

Awards
In Elementary school, every Friday was ice cream Friday, we got one of those for free. Except I never used the spoon-thing(I was never able to stand the taste and texture of dry wood). In fact school lunches were amazing those years....then it all changed and got boring young me and pals were devastated for no more pizza and ice cream fridays...NO MORE CHICKEN NUGGETS EITHER at first I thought it was because if a principal change, but as I get older, I wonder if the Obamas healthy school lunch program had anything to do with it.

On another topic
https://youtu.be/mxWok35oBLA

This was played on TV so much, that song got beaten into my head to where I could remember it years later. And I'm not even a fan of MLP

Soldier

Awards
In Elementary school, every Friday was ice cream Friday, we got one of those for free. Except I never used the spoon-thing(I was never able to stand the taste and texture of dry wood). In fact school lunches were amazing those years....then it all changed and got boring young me and pals were devastated for no more pizza and ice cream fridays...NO MORE CHICKEN NUGGETS EITHER at first I thought it was because if a principal change, but as I get older, I wonder if the Obamas healthy school lunch program had anything to do with it.

On another topic
https://youtu.be/mxWok35oBLA

This was played on TV so much, that song got beaten into my head to where I could remember it years later. And I'm not even a fan of MLP
That damn healthy food initiative, it removed both chocolate and strawberry milks from my high school the moment it began, leaving bland vanilla ones (which normally taste great, but these were horrible). I remember having to supplement flavor using a peanut butter powder to remove the horrid taste. It also gave us pretty disgusting teriyaki chicken and burritos.

Meow Wow

Awards
That damn healthy food initiative, it removed both chocolate and strawberry milks from my high school the moment it began, leaving bland vanilla ones (which normally taste great, but these were horrible). I remember having to supplement flavor using a peanut butter powder to remove the horrid taste. It also gave us pretty disgusting teriyaki chicken and burritos.

I remember the burritos to be very dry. The rice for the teriyaki chicken was always either overlooked or undercooked. The milk was always meh. That change in foods also got rid of the al la carte options, including juice. Al la cart is a big deal in a K-8 school. They also required you to have the "full meal" including a drink, fruits and veggies.....you would think the fruits and veggies would actually be ripe and not full of chemicals and pesticides. It's bad when you can TASTE it. You shouldn't taste chemicals on the food.
I'm glad I stopped eating school lunch, although I dont think having a ham and cheese sandwich plus a soda every day is that healthy either XD

Peanut butter pouder sounds nasty. Blegh. I feel sorry for you having to suffer through that.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I remember the burritos to be very dry. The rice for the teriyaki chicken was always either overlooked or undercooked. The milk was always meh. That change in foods also got rid of the al la carte options, including juice. Al la cart is a big deal in a K-8 school. They also required you to have the "full meal" including a drink, fruits and veggies.....you would think the fruits and veggies would actually be ripe and not full of chemicals and pesticides. It's bad when you can TASTE it. You shouldn't taste chemicals on the food.
I'm glad I stopped eating school lunch, although I dont think having a ham and cheese sandwich plus a soda every day is that healthy either XD

Peanut butter pouder sounds nasty. Blegh. I feel sorry for you having to suffer through that.
To be completely honest, the peanut butter powder isn't that bad. Since I'm a sucker for anything peanut butter, I enjoyed it. It's actually not that bad, it only provides a faint taste to whatever liquid is put in it. This whole initiative was a bad idea, if anything it achieved its goals in curbing obesity (which I didn't have to worry about to begin with, being naturally lanky) by starving kids, as opposed to giving them proper nutrition.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I loved playing on the N64 and Game Cube with my cousins. Super Smash Bros was our fav game to play and my cousins always got annoyed with me since I played Pikachu all the time and kept using the lightning attack on them, lol. I still have my N64 and some of the games like Super Smash Bros, Mario 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Oh no no no no no. Smash is still a very big thing, I still play melee on my cube when the disc reader decides to work. Melee is life.

Laurel

Awards
Oh no no no no no. Smash is still a very big thing, I still play melee on my cube when the disc reader decides to work. Melee is life.

I know Super Smash is still big, I guess I should've elaborated on how the N64's pretty much obsolete and it's not really played anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back