• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fading Away [A KH One Shot]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket

Alrighty, so here it is two in the morning and I just wrote this. So if it isn't the best, please forgive me. xP
If you're a Kairi hater, you may not enjoy this as much. *shrug*

F a d i n g A w a y

The hot summer sun beamed down upon a tiny island, a place where not very long ago was fulled laughter and children's play. However, now there was only silence.
A girl stepped out of her boat and onto the wooden dock. The girl glanced back, a vision of two other boats filling the empty spaces next to her own. She couldn't stop the weary sigh as the vision faded away.
She shook her head gently, then looked over the glistening sea and the warm white sand, and over the worn wooden designs that seemed to be just another part to the island.
It was so warm and inviting, in fact, three of her friends still came here once and a while. But for her, this was one of the few times she could bring herself to return here, to the place where her memories came to life.
Everywhere she looked, there was a memory of two boys. She vividly recalled bright hair and aqua colored eyes, a voice which was always calm and cool and he always looked out for her. This was Riku, the boy that always had ideals of leaving this island, constantly dreaming of the worlds that lay beyond the horizon.
The other, however, was fading away. Becoming nothing more than a fragment of memory that began make her wonder if he was even real.
He had brown hair, and she remembered a smile that always would cheer her up, but she couldn't picture it anymore. His voice was but a whisper, and she was lucky to even recall that much.
She stepped onto the beach, tucking some of her red hair behind her ear. She turned to look behind her, seeing herself a little younger than she is now, sitting on the dock next to that boy. She was...teasing him?
"Cut it out, Kairi!" laughed the boy, surprisingly clearly. For a split moment, she could see him clear as day. That big, cheesy grin. His bright blue eyes...and then, just like that he went back to being a blur.
Bringing her hands up over her face, Kairi rubbed her eyes, as if hoping that she would be able to remember him clearly by doing so. But, when she removed her hands he was gone at together.
Someone was suppose to be there, but who?
She quickly turned her back to the dock, and began to walk along the shore as the breeze turned into a slightly stronger wind, bringing forth another memory from her hearts depths.
Up upon the bridge that connected the seashore shack to another part of the island stood Riku and the other boy, along with herself. They were flying kites...Well, Riku was. Kairi's younger self was sitting in the middle of the two, while the other boy was trying to get his kite in sky.
The boy threw it hard into the sky, only to have it crash into the sandy beach below. Kairi smiled at this memory, coming close to a giggle.
"Whats the matter ____? Having trouble?" Riku said laughingly. The other boy made a reply, which only made Riku laugh more. However, Kairi couldn't remember what the boy had said...she couldn't even remember the boy's name.
Why were her memories fading in and out? Why...why couldn't she remember the boy's name, or even his face?

Kairi turned away to look out over the sea, and once more another memory was found.
This time, the two boys were out in the sea. They were roughing around, splashing and dunking each other in the salty water. As the other boy popped out of the water, bent over on his knees, Riku wrapped his arm around his neck and rubbed his fist into the other boy's head. The other boy of course tried all he could to free himself of the head lock Riku had him in, but had no luck.
Riku looked up after apparently spotting Kairi on the shore and raised his free hand in greeting to her.
The other boy finally pulled his head from Riku's grasp, nearly tripping over and into the sparkling water. This made Kairi smile slightly, however, it didn't last long as when the other boy turned around to face her...He simply faded away.
Kairi's heart sunk and her eyes became dull as they fell to the white sand beneath her sneakers. "You're fading so fast...." she murmured, her fist tightening.
It was then and there that she swore that she would not return this place. Not until she could finally remember the other boy's name.
The girl made her way back to the dock and back into the small wooden boat. The sun had already begun to sink into the sea as she rowed her boat back to the main islands.
When she was half way back to the main islands, she just stopped and stared at the island. Thanks to the evening twilight, it was now orange and red. Save for the green tree tops.
'I'll come back here someday, I promise.'

DaRkNeSs2LiGhT

awww, cuute. =]
i like it.
is this one of many chapters?
or just one entry to leave us all hanging on? =]
<3

cricket

It's just one entry. It's what you call a one shot. ^^
I'm glad you liked it though, I was starting to worry that it wasn't all that good. xD

It's based off of the scene in the opening FMV of KH2, where Kairi is standing on the shores of the island and says something in sync with "Angels in Flight" (I think x_x)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back