• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Face Down the Sun Graphics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
ITT: we love purple overlays

newdragoonshubbanner.png

~formerly The Dragoon's Hub

lol incoming wall of text

We pride ourselves on making our tags in the shortest timespan possible, and having them as the best we can make

Welcome to Face Down the Sun Graphics! I thank you in advance for any requests you make. Now... If you have already looked through the shop, you will see that.. well, frankly, my first sigs really were not all that great. BUT! I have improved a great amount, and I am always happy to do requests. So, come on in, and let us at it!

There must be a period of 10 days between requests, unless they are by different artists. It is almost pointless to be making tags for them to only be worn for minimal time, then having to do it all over again. Unless the artist doesn't mind, please abide by this~

Also, the available artists at this time are those who are not listed in the inactive/retired section, so please do not request from the others.

And please, don't forget that we're doing this of no charge, and of our free will, so please respect that, and remember that we do have lives outside of the forums, just as you do, however minimal or busy said lives may be.

Please specify your request in the format below:

Size: [default or specify]
Stock: [please give at least one you want us to use, try not to have over 2, unless it's a PSP wallpaper, desktop etc.]
Avvie: y/n
Colours: [specifications if wanted]
Other: [any specific effects or other items]
Text: [the text, if any, that you wish to be included in the tag, avvie, or both]
Artist: [Myself (only if really necessary), Cinollex, Tron Cat]

And if you ask, we will do wallpapers, provided the request is reasonable

And, on a side note, do try to make the requests reasonable please, ie: No incredibly small stock pictures, unless they are for avvies only. We can only fix the quality on pics to an extent.

Thankyou~

The Team

Lancelot: (not quite as hiatus'd now but still pretty busy w/ school :c)

Bio:

Hello there, I'm (sick of changing this bio :D) Lancelot, formerly Buniberzei, formerly formerly Shinkirō, or as most of you know me, Callum. I love working with GIMP, and I love to see the appreciation from the people I do requests for. I also love playing the drums, as well as guitar, despite not knowing which chord is which. I love to draw, generally in the anime and manga styling, and as a fair few of you know, I'm quite partial to most series of said style, especially Code Geass.

Moving on to some graphics background, I started working with GIMP late 2007, just after I received my laptop for Christmas, and my first tag... actually looked half decent, considering I didn't know how to work GIMP in the slightest. Mainly I started off with smudging gradients over a stock, because I knew nothing of the scissor tool until about 3 months later. So I've just kept on improving, I suppose, changing styles along the way, for better or worse. I never seem to really keep a "style" for very long, but I find most of my tags are pretty distinguishable from others. It took a while before I knew how to use filters effectively, as well. I've always been happy with what I produce, and tried to never result to tutorials. So I'm pretty happy with where I am at the moment, in terms of skills.

Despite being on hiatus/retired, I still take requests occasionally, when the other artists aren't available for a long period of time, so please, come and request sometime soon!

Example Works:

Signatures

updated~

our newest member:

Tron Cat: (currently on hiatus)

Bio: says he's too hipster to write one or something

Example works: as above~

Cinollex: (who knows :v)

Bio:never coming 8D~

Example works:

Signatures

Artists missing in action/hiatus/inactive/retired

Dawninmyheart:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Vossler
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xehanort
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Raiko

Spoiler Spoiler Show

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Also, if you wish to apply to work here, this is the form you must fill out.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

tl;dr we make shit C:

shit as in stuff, not shit as in bad stuff

Last edited:

Macabre

Gold Member
Re: .::.The Dragoon's Hub - Graphics Shop.::.

wow!congrats on the new graphic shop!i'll come here if i need a cool avatar.good luck.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

So can i please have a sig and avy made of one of these images(whichever one you feel is easier for you to make, preferably the first one):
http://media.champions-online.com/img/screenshots/steel_commando1.jpg
http://media.champions-online.com/img/screenshots/defender1.jpg
http://www.champions-online.com/img/concept_art/destroyer2.jpg

Sure! SRR or I will get on to it as soon as possible, first of all we need to know, is there any prefered colours, size of sig, and any text perhaps you want on it. Just so we can make you the best possible sig available! Things hated would be apreciated, so we don't use em, like colours you hate blah blah blah lol. Id do your sig now but I got to get to school lol.

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight

Color: It doesnt really matter whatever you see fits the best maybe red and purple
Text: Just RHoD or RikuHeroOfDark whichever looks best
Size: Whichever size would look best

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Color: It doesnt really matter whatever you see fits the best maybe red and purple
Text: Just RHoD or RikuHeroOfDark whichever looks best
Size: Whichever size would look best

Ok Excellent, I'd do it now, but I'd prefer to consult SRR first. He may want to do it instead, this whole sig shop was his idea XD

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

I would like to add something too(im allowed to! lol) If you don't like the sigs we made, consult with us and we'll work it out... there was one person previously, who I thought was rather rude for doing it, who said he liked the sig, then went n got another one made a day later! So please, be honest with us. We hope you enjoy our service!

I feel this is a really valid point, and I'll put it in the top post so people are more likely to read it!

Ok we have added a legend to the first post so you can pick who you want making your sig or you can tell us if you don't care, it saves a lot of time on our part and yours :)

RikuHeroOfDarkSRR is making your sig now! So you can expect it shortly.

Last edited:

Lancelot

Awards

man these were crap, bugger that for a joke! Well he never collected them anyway...

Last edited:

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

It looks great SRR! I hope RHoD likes it!

I just gotta say, somthing here... We pride ourselves on unique-ness and individuality with out graphics, we do our very best to provide you with awesome looking sigs.

Last edited:

Lancelot

Awards

Yeah, what SeaSalt said. N like i said, if you don't like em, tell us, we'll get onto it

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Hey, moring guys, How ya all going?
Ok here's the deal, as you can see we're very new to the sig makin biz normally we just make em for ourselves and friends who asked. They say we're no too bad at it. We enjoy makin em cause we see it a challenge so if you want a place with no que at the moment and a promise and assurance that we will make the best sig or av possible for you, we also have a guarentee that if you're unsatisfied wel'll give it another shot happily and without a fuss. Ok I know this is sounding really despret but hey, Im bored so shoot me!

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards

Here is just my personal opinion. and you can take it however you please. I belive you should have a certain bit of experiance and skill before you start making sigs for others. if i were you i wouldnt have opend a shop at your current level of skill. sorry but your not even rookie level in my eyes. everything i see here i do not like it makes my eyes hurt becasue theres no sort of flow or anything. sigs are way to big size i mean.

but im sure yur going to get all pissy at me and try to tell me off as im sure you will. once again i say this is just my personal opinion and i dont mean any harm i j ust dont want bad art just flying around khi but hey your still gonna keep the shop open regardless. all im saying is wait till you get better to make sigs for others.

Sincerly
~Xelhes~

Macabre

Gold Member

Here is just my personal opinion. and you can take it however you please. I belive you should have a certain bit of experiance and skill before you start making sigs for others. if i were you i wouldnt have opend a shop at your current level of skill. sorry but your not even rookie level in my eyes. everything i see here i do not like it makes my eyes hurt becasue theres no sort of flow or anything. sigs are way to big size i mean.

but im sure yur going to get all pissy at me and try to tell me off as im sure you will. once again i say this is just my personal opinion and i dont mean any harm i j ust dont want bad art just flying around khi but hey your still gonna keep the shop open regardless. all im saying is wait till you get better to make sigs for others.

Sincerly
~Xelhes~

*sigh*im not trying to offend you or anything but they are just doing it for fun.yes they're new to this but they're trying and that's all.they are doing it for pleasing the customer but also doing it for fun.they opened this graphic shop to try something new.they may be amateurs but still,they keep trying to make something good.

Lancelot

Awards

Thanks mon! I never thought something like that could come outta you!(not offensive meaning). seriously, thx mate

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Excuse me? I do not believe that I did ask for your opinion and I do not think it was right to post this on our thread when we are trying to start somthing that we ENJOY doing, giving us bad publicity is not very nice at all. And just because of you horrid remarks on out artwork does not mean that we are going to close up shop! Infact this makes me more determined to prove you wrong!

The point is SRR and myself do enjoy making a sig shop and our arkwork is UNIQUE! We have no fancy programs like Photoshop, we use plain old gimp, heck I'd even do it on PAINT if I wasn't allowed to download stuff. If you think our art burns your eyes fair enough but this wont stop us! We have different techniques and that's our right, we have had comments saying we're good at it so we did it, cause it's somthing we love, you have no right to take somone's joy like that and smash it. 1 think all the sigs we see made by what people call "Professionals" look VERY SAME-ISH, We offer differnt-looking sigs all the time and we're proud. So if you have a problem with diversity, I think you are the one with the problem. Art is open for interpretation I mean someone shoves a pile of garbage and arranges it together some would call it art. Just cause you don't like it you don't go up to a person and say it's trash. Being a premium member people respect you, so they would take your opinion over mine, so this is why I would rather perfer you had sent a PM to us saying you did not like our work. It's unfair to us if you wish to crush our dreams like that! You ahve no right, and guess what, You aint!

once again i say this is just my personal opinion and i dont mean any harm i j ust dont want bad art just flying around khi but hey your still gonna keep the shop open regardless. all im saying is wait till you get better to make sigs for others.
Your right, we will keep our shop open regardless, cause believe it or not, we are normally very nice and cooperative people, and we enjoy what we do. And shock horror, me and SRR actually have recieved PMs requesting sigs so he and I put our heads together and created this shop.

You say you don't want bad art, flying around, and yet you say you mean no harm how did you not think this would offend us, you say our creations suck, yet you expect us not to take that to offence, Im sorry but we are only human and that DOES offend us, hence the nasty come back letter I'm writing. I mean anyone who knows me knows Im not a nasty person, but I will not stand for such rudness towards me and SRR's work! If you consider our art "Bad" and you don't want to see it fine, just close you eyes!!!

Im sick of sigs that look the same! All the ones made by you so called "good" artists are boring and I just seem to skim over it, I mean ours is unique and different, just cause you may have a problem with change doesn't mean we will come over to the dark-side! If all artists are as rude to new comers as you were than I'd hate to be one! :p

but im sure yur going to get all pissy at me and try to tell me off as im sure you will.
Too right we are, infact your rude comments are not apreciated.

Now no we are not waiting till we get better because we make do with the best stuff we have, I no certainly I can't afford a program for sig creating that costs over 100 dollars, not in my budget, are you saying that only people who come from wealthy families can make sigs? I think not.

So please, keep your remarks to yourself, my mother told me "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all" Now please so not mis-understand me, I do argee with you, everyone is allowed an opinion especially, on KHI I get that, and I have my own and so do you. But I do say I don't think KHI welcomes people who like destroying people's dreams and passions!

Sincerly
~Xelhes~
I believe there was nothing really sincere about ur post at all, don't say stuff you don't mean :p

U may be 19 and an adult but you're surely not acting like one crushing dreams of those younger than you. What do you go and tell little Kids Santa's not real? Kingdom Hearts is a some what fun and immature type game, if you like it you should have some sense of idea of the meaning of fun, our creations are fun and creative, and that's what art is! If you make everything serrious the same and boring, it's no longer art any more, it's a copy!

Mod's if you're reading this and don't aprove, please tell me. I don't feel I've done anything wrong standing up for myself but please if you do think I've done the wrong thing fair enough I will edit my post.

Last edited:

Lancelot

Awards

Damn straight! Stick it to em! Im sickof having to hear things like this about ours works too, and if your going to take anything out on us, take it out on me! My idea for the sig shop, me who made the first sig and avatar, so don't have a go at both of us, ok? SeaSalt doesn't deserve this, she was the one who inspired me to do this! So like she said, either say it to us via PM, or keep it to yourself!

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!

Damn straight! Stick it to em! Im sickof having to hear things like this about ours works too, and if your going to take anything out on us, take it out on me! My idea for the sig shop, me who made the first sig and avatar, so don't have a go at both of us, ok? SeaSalt doesn't deserve this, she was the one who inspired me to do this! So like she said, either say it to us via PM, or keep it to yourself!
No SRR we're a team, we take the heat together, besides you have nothing to be ashmaed of making unique and individual sigs! I have nothing to be ashamed of and neither do you. So I refuse to let you take blame for doing nothing wrong!

Enough ugly thoughts, Please dont think of us as bad sig makers and that we can't take critism, just there are wrong ways and right ways to do this, I really do hope these comments wont turn you away from asking us to make you somthing, cause we're just as determined to make you somthing we want you to love despite bad publicity.

Macabre

Gold Member

guys,did i say something offensive to you?

Lancelot

Awards

mon:what made you say that mate?
SSIC: Exactly, we are up to it, we want to take on the sig making business, so be it if people don't like them, but the people that do will be our customers more than likely, and if something is appreciated, we'd be happy

Macabre

Gold Member

i appreciate the sig you made me and im on your side so,is there any way i can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back