• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fabula Nova Crystallis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

R76S

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who truly appreciates the story telling and the genius behind this series of games. I think that the games are fantastic with plot and characters. Yes, the gameplay isn't the best we've seen in a Final Fantasy title, but that doesn't mean the story isn't rich with amazing characters and plot.

One thing that always gets me is how people always bash Lightning's character and how they often regard her as cold and stoic. Have they never heard of 'character development'? In my opinion, she's undergone a lot of it. She may still have her stoic tendencies, but she's a whole lot freaking better than she was back in the original XIII's beginning.

I know this may be taken down since it's a stand-alone thread about three games altogether, but I just wanted to get my opinion out. I believe this is a great series, and I can't wait for the final chapter to Lightning's story.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
well you're not the only one on this forum who likes the ff13 series. ff13 and the sequel are pretty much games that fans either love or hate. i personally didnt like the first two games but am willing to give LR a chance.

Deinstar

Gunblade Master
I actually really enjoyed FF13. I can understand the hate though. The annoying characters, the linear pathways, takes forever to get into the story. But once you do, it's great. :)

It's hard to find many people that enjoy ff13 =/

Kara

I was ok with FF13, but wasn't interested enough to actually finish or play sequel. I actually liked Lightning, but Square did everything they could to make me hate her now.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Lightning didn't get any character development, and she's been fetishised for the games' two sequels. That's a pretty major criticism.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lightning didn't get any character development, and she's been fetishised for the games' two sequels. That's a pretty major criticism.

You have got to be kidding me. Did you not play attention to 13 or 13-2 in regards to the Lighnting episode? She had character development. And everyone too, Hope, Vanille, Fang, Sazh, Snow, and Serah and Noel during thier jounrney

Gram

Banned
Awards
I have a love-hate opinion with the whole FF13 saga honestly. Things I enjoyed yet things that bored me, liked it enough to try but didn't retain enough interest to finish the whole saga. =/

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I can honestly say that FF13 is tied with X as my favorite FF series. I loved Thirteen. Yeah, the linearity took time getting used to, but that's the thing, every FF is meant to be different. Plus, Story-wise, they were fugitives, they didn't have time to prance around in a big world, so the linearity fits. I love 13 for what it is, because I never expected it to be like any other FF game.

13-2, While I prefer it to 13, in regards to gameplay, doesn't feel like it belongs in the FF13 universe. Everything in the FF13 universe was pulled out of the spotlight, and replaced with paradoxes. That's pretty much all you ever learn about - paradoxes. Nothing really about the secrets of the world - or anything about it, really (Other than data fragments - honestly one of my favorite things about 13-2, but still, most are easily missable) While I like learning about time and space and all that jazz, I just wish it wasn't the main focus. Not to mention, LR:XIII is more or less the result of XIII-2, so again, we are thrust into a completely different setting. For the most part, I feel like these games could be completely separate titles if it were not for the same characters, everything you learn about the world ends up being irrelevant in the next game.

But yeah, aside from the rant, I realy do love the XIII series XD. I'm really tired of everyone jumping on the hate bandwagon, especially if they know nothing about it. I don't care if someone doesn't like the game, but calling it shitty and saying that /I/ am not a true FF fan for enjoying it can kindly go fuck themselves.

Skye91

Fabula Nova Crystallis Universe

We all know that FFXIII, FFXV, and Type-O are all part of Fabula Nova Crystallis. These three games never had connections but except the Mythology. But, I have a question, all three games are in the same universe, does this means that the three worlds are located at the same universe?? Will these characters in different games somehow meet each other in the near future? Like Nomura said "a single part of a larger epic poem."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Fabula Nova Crystallis Universe

They are not in the same universe. Unless this is proven differently in an interview or in-game text, the worlds remain apart, only relying on the same mythos.

Type-0 as in Type-Zero, not Type-O.

"Single part in an epic poem" refers to how the XV universe is massive and there are many stories to tell pertaining to XV.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I see that this thread hasn't had a post since June, but I would like to bring up something pertaining to Fab Nova Cryst and LR since its release is not too far off. I'm curious to hear others thoughts on this. Of course we don't know anything of what actually all goes down in LR pertaining to the gods and their roles in it, but we know that Light is now carrying out a task/duty for the God Bhunivelze and it is the end of the world (which of course coincides with the return of Bhunivelze). I know I have to wait to see but I'm a little confused/frustrated that Light now is doing something with or for Bhunivelze.

What I'm getting at is this: According to the mythology and based off the games XIII and XIII-2, one could easily view Bhunivelze as a bad guy (imo, essentially a prick) as well as Pulse and Lindzei (since they are the deities that Bhunivelze created). I think this for a few reasons.

-Bhunivelze seizes control of the world from his mother, the creator goddess Mwynn, causing her to vanish into the Unseen Realm (the afterlife)
-He then creates deities that are tasked with finding the door to the Unseen Realm in order to do away with his mother for good since he thinks that she cursed him and his realm, not to mention that he wants that realm for himself too!
-He accidentally makes Etro resemble Mwynn too much, so he gives her no powers
-In order to 'find' the door to the Unseen Realm, all of Bhunivelze's deities and subsequent Fal'Cie all try to sacrifice mass amounts of people in order to do so

Thru out XIII and XIII-2 Etro has been the only benevolent deity. She saves the heroes and all the people in XIII. Her and Light team up in XIII-2 to save the world from Caius and Chaos. She dies when Noel (or Noel's blade) pierces Caius' heart at the end of XIII-2, but I bet she'd be down to help them again a third time. I feel like she may be a benevolent force in some way to Noctis and the protagonists of XV as well.

Like I said, of course my thoughts will change when/if I witness information that suggests or proves that Bhunivelze isn't a bastard. LR may clear all that up, an explanation that absolves Bhunivelze from looking bad.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I share the opinion expressed in the "final verdict" video about XV from GameTrailers; they were being quite pretentious when they came up with this whole idea and it's not well executed at all. And now that the XIII saga has become a black sheep of the whole series, the only thing left for them to do is to distance the other two projects, which they've already done by changing their names into something completely unrelated to XIII, and keep any references to things in XIII to a minimum.

Something tells me this whole FNC thing is Nomura's idea. It's just as bad as the execution of the FFVII compilation.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Something tells me this whole FNC thing is Nomura's idea. It's just as bad as the execution of the FFVII compilation.

Nomura doesn't have that kind of power to execute that kind of stuff. He's just a director/creative director/character designer. He definitely was not the one who made the calls for the FFVII Compilation. (I think this is often believed to be so because he was made a figurehead the Compilation and many FF games for some weird reason. Compilation was spearheaded by Kitase lol) The FNC was a fully collaborative thing by PDD1, and I think that more direct executive control was handled by people like Kitase and Hashimoto.

Edit: lol, the more I look into it, the more it is obvious that Kitase is the one people should be putting their blame on. Not all of the blame, but definitely a majority of it when it comes to the Compilation and poor handling of XIII lol.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Kitase needs to take a break from Final Fantasy then. He used to be on top of his game, but he's kind of lost his way. But I also think that Nomura needs to take a break from his involvement in the series as well after XV is released. I think he's a very talented concept artist and I'll gladly defend his love for chains and zippers, but he's almost everywhere. Even though he is the second most used illustrator at the company after Nomura, I think Akihiko Yoshida should get to be more involved with the main Final Fantasy games. Most people love his work, me included. Nomura should focus more on either brand new or recent IP:s like The World Ends with You when he is not working on Kingdom Hearts. Not everyone loves Nomura's heavy influence over Final Fantasy, but most people actually agree that his work for KH and TWEWY is awesome.

morgancb35

The games were awesome as far as characters, music, and gameplay. The storyline was great but the ending of Lightning returns left me with too many questions and was soooooo disappointing.

nxtgarnett5

This has always and will always be my favorite set of final fantasy games. I love lightning. I love snow. Not a fan of hope but then again who is. But these games will always hold a special place in my heart as one of my favorites ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back