• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fabula Nova Crystallis - "Spoilers, spoilers everywhere."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
byrPP.jpg

This thread will contains spoilers for:
Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
Proceed with caution -- you have been warned.

Before you start -- this video is required.
This is the Fabula Nova Crystallis lore foundation, written by Kazushige Nojima.

So, to kick things off, here's a theory I've been kicking around in my head. Feel free to discuss/add/go off on tangents etc.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eh, no responses. Well here, I'll just paste one of the Analects here like I did in the XIII-2 thread.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
I agree with Ethy. It sounds just like she described it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Just a few stuff i haven't sorted out. If i play the game i will understand them all. I'm sure of it.

We need some closure or DLC or XIII-3 is a reality or the game has something that no one has yet achieved which i really doubt.

sora4sky

And according to the

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think Versus will shed some light to the FNC. What is Type-0's connection?

LucasDraleau

What is Type-0's connection?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

sora4sky

Spoiler Spoiler Show

From these i knew only the first 3 lines. xD

Anyway...until this game comes out too we can't be really sure.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Does this thread need the spoiler tags? I figured from the title and what the thread is about, it seems unneeded.

Anyways, I believe that Serah will be reborn like Yeul, Etro will return in Lightning* and that Valhalla has the power to fix everything up... lol I dunno

*I figured Etro will return because Caius said "The Goddess is dead once again". I think it was that, but the point is, the way he worded it made it seem like Etro had died before and had come back. With Lightning in Crystal status, I believe she is undergoing the transformation into Etro.

IanM2

Couple of holes in your theory:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Thought of an idea too

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Well IanM2, the overarching mythology of Fabula Nova Crystallis includes Etro, Lindzei, Bhunivelze, and so on -- as per the the video that was shown at SE1PDP. I theorized that the world of Versus could perhaps be the world of the Invisible/Unseen, but in a different cycle after the world is destroyed.

In Final Fantasy XIII-2, it's stated that the destruction of the world has happened many times -- and although the world of Versus may not be -after- this, it may be some other iteration of the cycle.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
Well IanM2, the overarching mythology of Fabula Nova Crystallis includes Etro, Lindzei, Bhunivelze, and so on -- as per the the video that was shown at SE1PDP. I theorized that the world of Versus could perhaps be the world of the Invisible/Unseen, but in a different cycle after the world is destroyed.

In Final Fantasy XIII-2, it's stated that the destruction of the world has happened many times -- and although the world of Versus may not be -after- this, it may be some other iteration of the cycle.

Which is probably how all the games connect. They are all the same world, same place just at different times in that cycle.
So we have the XIII/XIII-2 storyline where Etro is seriously weakened by saving everyone from their crystal sleep in XIII, which leads to her eventual death from that choice. The Type-0 storyline were she takes human form and saves some people from a crystal sleep while resetting the world (I'm sure that's probably not completely right, I've been trying to avoid spoilers but some snuck through). And the Versus storyline where.....well all I really know is she still takes the dead and the ability to see the opening of Etro's Gate grants you crazy magical skills.

And I just realized something. When Yeul and Sarah see the future, using their power per se, their eyes light up. You know who else's eyes do that, when they use their power? Noctis. Probably Stella and the king too. That can't be coincidence.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I know this was posted nearly 2 months ago, but there's a sort-of answer now.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Is Caius less objectional than classic "bad guys" in order to unsettle the player?

Daisuke Wantanabe, Lead Writer:
"This is a very interesting question. Caius is a unique villain throughout the game in that his goal is not to destroy the world, but to save Yeul, and nothing will deter him from that objective. He has unshakeable willpower. This means that he doesn't necessarily appear as a "bad" person. This wasn't so much to confuse the player, but rather to put them in front of a bewildering enemy.

Although Caius dies in the final battle, we see him alive in the secret ending. This does not mean that there are multiple versions of Caius that have been manipulating events from a different timeline. Quite the opposite, the Caius that 'dies' in Valhalla (a timeless place) is the same one that we see in the secret ending. His is a paradoxical existence that already knows how the battle ends and will still not stop until he reaches that end. His 'death' only strengthens his resolve, as even this did not alter the course of events. The goddess died nonetheless, which is what he fought for all along."

Brainfreeze

Yeah well, with everybody dying at the end of XIII-2, it´s safe to assume that Mog died too.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah well, with everybody dying at the end of XIII-2, it´s safe to assume that Mog died too.
The only one who died was Serah, yeah? I've seen someone say you could hear loud screams, but honestly, I heard no such thing and I've watched it 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back