• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fabcon delayed a week, renamed to something even more vague.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
SQUARE ENIX 1st Production Department Premiere

Um... okay. That certainly is a mouthful. :\

I wonder why they've pushed it back a week though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The fudge? So...Should we call it 1st PDP?

Sounds like it means they are going to have a big showing of everything in development so far. Well, at least it isn't going to just be FFXIII + other games. Now we can definitely say they are showing off other games. >_>

The 1st also seems to imply they are going to start doing this every year.

Damn now 1-11-11 isn't as epic as it was. Now it just has re:coded and it is a boring Tuesday...D:

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
1st PDP...yeah why not sounds cool.

Looks like it.

Probably but that's okay with me...this way we will know when we 're gonna get a bunch of information about SE games.

Lmao...yeah 1-11-11 was Epic.

Pratiko

Awards
I can imagine what will happen.
Another Dragon Quest that noone likes =(

Zache

I can imagine what will happen.
Another Dragon Quest that noone likes =(
Firstly, Dragon Quest games are not developed by the 1st Production Department(or any SE production team) so another would certainly not be unveiled at this event. And I'd imagine quite a bit of people enjoy the DQ series as it is the most popular gaming series of all time in Japan.

People actually liked Dragon Quest?

It's like FF.

Nevereding.
Being "neverending" is irrelevant.The games are, like Final Fantasy, self contained in different worlds with little reference to past stories. The title does not change that.

And yes people enjoy the series. The stories are charming and simple, with interesting(and charming) characters, wonderfully realized worlds, decent character/monster designs, and addictive(yet simple) gameplay. Pretty much the antithesis of Kingdom Hearts.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Firstly, Dragon Quest games are not developed by the 1st Production Department(or any SE production team) so another would certainly not be unveiled at this event. And I'd imagine quite a bit of people enjoy the DQ series as it is the most popular gaming series of all time in Japan.

Being "neverending" is irrelevant.The games are, like Final Fantasy, self contained in different worlds with little reference to past stories. The title does not change that.

And yes people enjoy the series. The stories are charming and simple, with interesting(and charming) characters, wonderfully realized worlds, decent character/monster designs, and addictive(yet simple) gameplay. Pretty much the antithesis of Kingdom Hearts.

if i could rep you i would

level 5 over the 1st Production Department(or any SE production team)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The name change may be an excuse to not show anything Fabula Nova Crystallis. o.o
Probably not, but that'd be so SE.

Hopefully something KH pops up there.

Pratiko

Awards

DQ8 was the most monotone game I have ever played. Perharps it's just the fact that I have played only that one, but seriously, if 7 DQs have come up before, you'd expect the 8th to be pretty good. And it wasn't =(

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
The point of the dragon quest series is nostalgia.

It works best that way.

Compare dq9 to ffxiii and how dq9 was a beautiful Homage to RPGs of old while ffxiii was a failed attempt at making ff go in a new direction.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The point of the dragon quest series is nostalgia.

It works best that way.

Compare dq9 to ffxiii and how dq9 was a beautiful Homage to RPGs of old while ffxiii was a failed attempt at making ff go in a new direction.

actually dq9 did a lot of different stuff,
dorakue doesn't change that much, and that's why it doesn't do quite as well overseas

ffxiii was a failed attempt at making ff go in a new direction.

yep terrible game needed more reaction commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back