• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EZ / PRO Codes Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
(If there is a general KHIII questions / tips thread, feel free to move.)

So, I purchased Re:Mind when it came out, but have yet to play it. I hurriedly started an EZ Code Critical Mode run last night for Oblivion (and the EZ Code Trophy, All-rounder) so it can roll over onto a normal or PRO/Black Code Critical run. I haven't decided which.

The more I've been reading about these code mechanics, though, the more info I get about Re:Mind, which I'm trying to purposefully avoid for spoiler reasons. Apparently, you have to beat the final boss in Re:Mind to even activate these codes? But when I started my Crit playthrough yesterday, I was able to access these options.

So, my question is, was it patched so that you no longer have to defeat the DLC boss in order to play around with the codes? Or is something wonky / corrupt going on with my save file?

Thanks in advance!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The codes are available two ways. For fresh saves, like what you created, you can choose either EZ or Pro codes for your playthrough.

For people with existing saves, such as people who continued on from their pre-remind saves, SE had it so they unlocked on that save file when beating the boss.

Beating the boss gives access to both EZ and Pro, so if you chose Pro then beating the secret boss will give you EZ codes as well your save file and vice versa.

In your case, there’s nothing funky going on. You started a new save and were able to choose EZ codes for your playthrough, which is all intended. When you beat the secret boss you’ll get access to Pro codes on that save file. The codes don’t carry over to a new playthrough though; to get the trophy for A rank on Pro you’ll have to start a fresh save and choose Pro codes (but you can carry over keyblades and whatnot) as I don’t think the secret bosses give enough points to get to A rank.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I was about to reply but Chaser was on the case. Good thing, because I wasn't fully aware of what unlocks Pro and EZ codes on one save file. I wasn't sure if beating the secret boss unlocked it or just fighting them. Chaser cleared that up for me too :)

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Thanks a lot, @Chaser! Sounds like I'm in the clear to proceed how I want.

I think I read some misinformation where you could try to attempt both EZ/PRO on one save, too, (to avoid replays) which sounds off given your explanation. Therefore, you can't do the EZ challenges by turning on those codes and then switch to using PRO codes for in-game and DLC boss points. You have to beat the secret boss to enable to the option that wasn't chosen.

Bless y'all. 🙏

Cumguardian69

Awards
Not true: you absolutely can get A rank (340k) from data fights + dark inferno + master xehanort ( Story ver). You just have to beat those fights with ALL pro codes on.

That being said, risk taker is so much more enjoyable if you play the game from beginning and keep a few codes off (No Formchange/Grand Magic, No Battle Items). There are a couple story fights that are a huge pain in the ass such as Lightning Angler, Dark Baymax, Skoll, and I'd even argue Davy Jones. Food can't carry you through those slogs.

Henryp

Awards
Not true: you absolutely can get A rank (340k) from data fights + dark inferno + master xehanort ( Story ver). You just have to beat those fights with ALL pro codes on.

That being said, risk taker is so much more enjoyable if you play the game from beginning and keep a few codes off (No Formchange/Grand Magic, No Battle Items). There are a couple story fights that are a huge pain in the ass such as Lightning Angler, Dark Baymax, Skoll, and I'd even argue Davy Jones. Food can't carry you through those slogs.

I recently did my PRO codes playthroughs only allowing Formchanges, Items and Shotlocks, and I was hella fun. Some bosses are clearly not well balanced, but most of it is really great. BTW dark bamax isnt that bad because you can turn on most of the pro codes and turn off the cure one.

I agree it is more fun to do a whole playthrough than do the secret bosses with all ON. It is possible and entertaining but...

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Critical + EZ codes: the best playthrough for me.

I feel ridiculous for playing it this way. It's a quick n' dirty. I'm at Arendelle just a few hours in. Hah. The OHKOs from non-story-related mobs do make me wish there was a retry option based off the latest area of spawned enemies.

Yeah, I think it would only add frustration to an already difficult challenge were I to wait to garner points until the endgame material. Thanks for the suggestions.

I recently did my PRO codes playthroughs only allowing Formchanges, Items and Shotlocks, and I was hella fun. Some bosses are clearly not well balanced, but most of it is really great. BTW dark bamax isnt that bad because you can turn on most of the pro codes and turn off the cure one.

I agree it is more fun to do a whole playthrough than do the secret bosses with all ON. It is possible and entertaining but...

I think I saw Everglow's flex where the Secret Boss was basically a Lvl 1 Crit Mode fight with every PRO handicap and then some slathered on. I got respect, but not the patience (or time) myself.

Back