• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Extra Contents - Arena Modes, Battle Gates, and Limit Cut Bosses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

cakito123

Awards
I was thinking to myself...

I really miss some kind of battle with waves of enemies mode like that from Olympus in KH1/ 2 and Mirage Arena's Birth by Sleep.

And i mean, I don't think that would take too much work to do? All they really had to make is put some enemies to appear in sequences in a battle space, is that too much too ask?

KH3 does have some extra content with ReMind and Limit Cut, but they are all basically the same thing - new boss battles. In KH2, Olympus and Mirage Arena in BBS were the most fun parts of those games for me so I feel specially 'hurt' that they decided to not do any type of arena battles utilising the enemies already from the main game...

Battle Gates were great but I don't think they were that much fun considering how you don't have a time limit, you don't have any strict rules to follow, or some kind of rank to follow up to. Also, Battle gates are usually much shorter and if you have a high level Sora you won't even face a challenge like the last arena missions were always designed to be (I still didn't beat the last Hades Cup in KH2).

So yeah, did you miss the -Arena Mode- in KH3 too, or you don't care that much about that? Was Limit Cut and the Battle Gates enough for you who likes playing the game and wanted more content?

Between the Limit Cut Superbosses, the Battle gates, and an Arena Mode, which one do you like the best and which one do you like less? And why?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I honestly didn't miss the arena mode in KH3. I liked in the games that they had it, but personally, KH3 has a lot of content inside of it to engross you in it.

But I'm sure this is gonna be a feature they'll very much consider return to the next game.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If I could only have one? I'd selfishly pick the Limit Cut fights. I like the challenge, I like how replayable they are, and I like how many hidden strategies you can find.

For the overall appeal of the game? That's tougher. I think the Limit Cut fights are the best content that's come out of Kingdom Hearts since KH2, period, but I also know that it's not for everyone, and most players will probably quit when their normal strategies don't work. Meanwhile, everyone loves the Olympus tournaments. Olympus is the perfect backdrop for battle cups, and any player can enjoy that-- It adds a lot to the crossover vibe of Kingdom Hearts.

I'm not sure. I don't really have a good idea of what the ENTIRE fanbase thinks about the data battles. I think they're perfect, but I know some people find it unfair that there's story content locked behind them.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The Limitcut boss fights are my favorite. They are hard even after I learned all their tricks and I still experiment with them. They are among my favorite boss fights in the entire series.

I didn't do the arena mode in BBS. I originally played on the PSP, tried it once and hurt my hand. Maybe if I ever play it on the PS4 things would be different. As for the Olympus Coliseum. I liked it in KH1 but found it tediously long in KH2. The Hades cup has like only one fight I'm interested in and I had to go through 48 rounds to get to it. Now once you unlock it you can go back anytime but there are better boss fights.

And finally the Battle Gates. I actually like the idea of these better then the coliseum tournaments. Different environment, the current worlds party members, this had the tools to surpass the coliseum. It feels like a unfinished project but I hope they bring them back and expand upon them. I like how some of them had a sub-boss after the wave of enemies.

Awards
If I could only have one? I'd selfishly pick the Limit Cut fights. I like the challenge, I like how replayable they are, and I like how many hidden strategies you can find.

For the overall appeal of the game? That's tougher. I think the Limit Cut fights are the best content that's come out of Kingdom Hearts since KH2, period, but I also know that it's not for everyone, and most players will probably quit when their normal strategies don't work. Meanwhile, everyone loves the Olympus tournaments. Olympus is the perfect backdrop for battle cups, and any player can enjoy that-- It adds a lot to the crossover vibe of Kingdom Hearts.

I'm not sure. I don't really have a good idea of what the ENTIRE fanbase thinks about the data battles. I think they're perfect, but I know some people find it unfair that there's story content locked behind them.

I would also pick the Limit cut fights, but it would be close. I didn't know people found it unfair re: the "story content" locked behind the fights. That's, what, 3 cutscenes? I would have a bigger issue with it if it was more substantial content, and/or if you couldn't just turn EZ Codes on and one shot all the data bosses. Definitely did that with Luxord...oops.

And finally the Battle Gates. I actually like the idea of these better then the coliseum tournaments. Different environment, the current worlds party members, this had the tools to surpass the coliseum. It feels like a unfinished project but I hope they bring them back and expand upon them. I like how some of them had a sub-boss after the wave of enemies.

The Battle Gates were great and had a lot of potential! I do agree that they could have used a bit more...polish. But I think they could have been better than Olympus, which I've never found to be that entertaining.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
They could mix Battle Gates and Colisseum Tourneys together. Have Hades host them again, say that he scattered the cups around the worlds. Find them, beat the series of challenges and return with the key item won to Hades to get a reward.

That way you have tourneys again and Battle Gates with that world's party members.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
To expand on the potential of Battle Gates, Ballad of Caius idea of getting a reward from them sounds really cool. I mean besides the Secret Reports. Like make Hades or someone assign these Battle Gates, and when you do them all have a small cutscene and get a reward for doing them. Have every world have them with a sub-boss. Being able to get the worlds party members in on the action is also great. Create some special ones where Sora even gets to team up with Riku, Kairi, and the other Guardians of Light. Put one in Land of Departure for a Wayfinder teamup, put the Sea-Salts in the Twilight Town one. Give them all a reaction command team attack with Sora, unique to those Battle Gates alone. Have a small cutscene of them joining Sora before the fight starts, the potential was there for Battle Gates to be memorable.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To expand on the potential of Battle Gates, Ballad of Caius idea of getting a reward from them sounds really cool. I mean besides the Secret Reports. Like make Hades or someone assign these Battle Gates, and when you do them all have a small cutscene and get a reward for doing them. Have every world have them with a sub-boss. Being able to get the worlds party members in on the action is also great. Create some special ones where Sora even gets to team up with Riku, Kairi, and the other Guardians of Light. Put one in Land of Departure for a Wayfinder teamup, put the Sea-Salts in the Twilight Town one. Give them all a reaction command team attack with Sora, unique to those Battle Gates alone. Have a small cutscene of them joining Sora before the fight starts, the potential was there for Battle Gates to be memorable.
Yep! Very good ideas.

But I wonder how Olympus will work from now on, seeing as how Nomura did say he liked working with that world. And with the fandom wanting the return of cup tourneys and the devs reincluding FF characters after the game's reception, it's possible we might get cup tourneys again.

cakito123

Awards
Yep! Very good ideas.

But I wonder how Olympus will work from now on, seeing as how Nomura did say he liked working with that world. And with the fandom wanting the return of cup tourneys and the devs reincluding FF characters after the game's reception, it's possible we might get cup tourneys again.

I'd honestly prefer they choose another world to make recurring appearences like Olympus has always been on the Xehanort Saga. I liked Olympus but I think after so many games making stories to that world, KH3 gave us a really good closure to the story already!
It wouldn't be so hard to create an equivalent of a tourney in some toher world, all you need is a good excuse to making it and there you go.

Loved the idea of using battlegates with cutscenes. I think it could be a cool way to add cutscens to the story without adding too much to the Main story. I mean, KH3 did feel bloated with some many potlines closing, but not all of them gave us moments to cheer up for these characters in more than one or two cutscenes. So making extra content with 'optional' cutscenes would be a way of making the story greater in the end too, but without putting gameplay aside.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd honestly prefer they choose another world to make recurring appearences like Olympus has always been on the Xehanort Saga. I liked Olympus but I think after so many games making stories to that world, KH3 gave us a really good closure to the story already!
It wouldn't be so hard to create an equivalent of a tourney in some toher world, all you need is a good excuse to making it and there you go.

Loved the idea of using battlegates with cutscenes. I think it could be a cool way to add cutscens to the story without adding too much to the Main story. I mean, KH3 did feel bloated with some many potlines closing, but not all of them gave us moments to cheer up for these characters in more than one or two cutscenes. So making extra content with 'optional' cutscenes would be a way of making the story greater in the end too, but without putting gameplay aside.
They could make it work with Ralph's world, seeing as how it's a mixture of pop culture stuff.

Back