• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Extended Kingdom Hearts 3 TGS 2018 Trailer Released

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting thats the case. Tbh, I feel like we know a strangely small amount of what happens in Olympus for it being the first world. I guess, we know all the freaking Titans show up and Thebes is attacked. But that's about it. There must be more to it. Not that I necessarily want to know what else there is, it almost feels like I know more about even Big Hero 6 and how that will go compared to Olympus lol.
Oh, I just meant like we've seen a lot of locations in the game.

We have:

• down the bottom of the mountain,
  • various areas when climbing the mountain (as shown in the E3 2015 and E3 2017 trailers),
  • the leaked screenshot area,
  • the Rock Titan fight mountain areas,
  • the ruins where we encounter Xigbar,
  • the building where Herc saves those people,
  • ruined Thebes
  • Olympus itself including outside and inside the buildings,
  • and inside the God's gates.

They've shown off a lot from that world in that respect so it's just baffling to me that they have kept the world logo and renders away from us (though they have kept a lot of renders in general to themselves, like the Hiro one used above >_>)

shady543

Awards
So now that Demyx and Vexen have been revealed, at this point I honestly believe that Emperor's New Groove would fit them a lot if they were both in that world, or at least one of them. Vexen especially I feel would fit. Its wacky nature would suit Demyx for a start (Atlantis would fit him the most though no doubt about that). Emperor's New Groove's transforming potions would suit Vexen perfectly since he'd definitely love to get a hold on them, being a scientist and all. I also want a conversation between Vexen and Yzma really badly.

So basically Emperor's New Groove plus Vexen, Yzma and Kronk team please. I need this. I didn't realize how much I need this until I mentioned it omg

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards
Eventually all the characters will have renders by the time of release, but it seems like they only decided to promote renders that are either party members or main characters. Despite no new Aqua render so far. Also that Hiro render needs to release soon in high quality cause it looks great.

JustSnilloc

Okay, two things I don't know if anyone's talked about yet because I'm too lazy to read through everything.

LlVCD0C.png

I'm pretty sure Demyx and Vexen are in Radiant Garden here.

FHUk8as.gif

This scene takes place right where Ventus is, and he's radiating light. Since we have a barrier here I'm guessing this part takes place before Vanitas is sitting above him. Vani does whatever to Aqua that winds up shutting off the barrier or maybe having Aqua in danger triggers Ven to take it down instead.

I’m not sure there’s too much to discuss with the first image. Vexen is explaining something to Demyx, and like you said it’s probably in Radiant Garden.

As for the second, the barrier has been mentioned, but I can’t recall any discussion on Ventus being brighter than the sun. That’s odd to say the least.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
well there was minor tralation eroor guys
https://twitter.com/LusterZero/status/1042763133176229888

(credithttps://twitter.com/LusterZero)

I get that KHUX has soured everyone on the quality of SE's localization but they're not supposed to be direct 1:1 translations. Eraqus saying "It's my move, isn't it?" and "It's not over yet" still conveys the same message: that Xehanort had called his victory prematurely, when there are still moves left to be made.

There are no errors here. KH3's English script is fine.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I get that KHUX has soured everyone on the quality of SE's localization but they're not supposed to be direct 1:1 translations. Eraqus saying "It's my move, isn't it?" and "It's not over yet" still conveys the same message: that Xehanort had called his victory prematurely, when there are still moves left to be made.

There are no errors here. KH3's English script is fine.
yeah but it my move isnt sound out of place well to me anyway

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
From the recent Hobby Consolas interview:

Nomura[FONT=&quot]: We've spent a lot of time making preparations so the original text has been translated as directly as possible, whereas for the different Disney worlds, we've asked the translators to keep the original dialogue from the films.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The translation for Kingdom Hearts 3 is done internally, and we follow a multi-layered process where Co-Director Tai Yasue, who speaks English, will check the text first, and then Disney will look it over again later.[/FONT]

They’re putting plenty of love and care into these translations, going through multiple checkpoints to ensure they are the best they are as accurate as possible while also being appropriate to how an English speaker might uniquely convey the same meaning. I can already hear how Mark Hamill’s digitially de-aged voice (or Drake Bell, whichever you prefer) will sound speaking this line with the inflection to give the same meaning.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’m not sure there’s too much to discuss with the first image. Vexen is explaining something to Demyx, and like you said it’s probably in Radiant Garden.
My thing with Demyx and Vexen is, if Demyx is a part of Xehanort's crew then why does Vexen need to be spelling it out that Master Xehanort has had a masterplan the entire time?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Trivial question: has the term Gummiphone replaced the term Mobile Portal? Or is the Gummiphone the device name and Mobile Portal the software/interface? Reason I ask is because the x3 menu in Union Cross has “Mobile Portal” on the interface background. Doesn’t really matter much, but want to make sure I’m using the proper lingo with these things. Lol

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
My thing with Demyx and Vexen is, if Demyx is a part of Xehanort's crew then why does Vexen need to be spelling it out that Master Xehanort has had a masterplan the entire time?
but what if they aren't. what if Vexen and Demyx are pretending to join the Orginization but in truth are in for other purpose. Vexen is probably reminding Demyx of whatever plan they're suppose to be carrying out.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
but what if they aren't. what if Vexen and Demyx are pretending to join the Orginization but in truth are in for other purpose. Vexen is probably reminding Demyx of whatever plan they're suppose to be carrying out.
Exactly ;)

Lots of potential twists and turns, thank you Nomura for watering our crops and giving us plenty to eat!

KeyToDestiny

Awards

Because Demyx isn't that bright? And they both have yellow eyes and pointy ears so they're both part of Xehanort's crew. Don't see how Vexen not saying the name of the person means they must be against Xehanort when we don't know the full context of that conversation.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Because Demyx isn't that bright? And they both have yellow eyes and pointy ears so they're both part of Xehanort's crew. Don't see how Vexen not saying the name of the person means they must be against Xehanort when we don't know the full context of that conversation.
Personally, I did not see Demyx's eyes at all so I can't say if his eyes are yellow. When he walks through the portal, his eyes are closed and the only other shot of him is from the back.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Personally, I did not see Demyx's eyes at all so I can't say if his eyes are yellow. When he walks through the portal, his eyes are closed and the only other shot of him is from the back.

I'm not on a computer unfortunately but when Demyx comes through a corridor with something on his shoulder, he opens his eyes a bit and you could see his eyes are yellow if you zoom in. Plus he already has the pointy ears when he didn't have them before.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not on a computer unfortunately but when Demyx comes through a corridor with something on his shoulder, he opens his eyes a bit and you could see his eyes are yellow if you zoom in. Plus he already has the pointy ears when he didn't have them before.

Demyx would say you shouldn’t judge anyone by appearance.

(Wouldn’t be surprised if Nomura decided to retroactively make that line foreshadowing tbh.) :p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I still can't see it, but that's probably just because of the pixilation.

NrGvkW6.png

I'd also argue that Demyx has had some kind of pointed ears, but that may just be because of the graphics and polygons and whatnot.

Character11%20-%20Demyx.png

His ears look like they're going into that same rounded pointy bit at the top of his ear

0AOyP4o.png

I also wouldn't say Demyx isn't that bright. I'd say he is quite intelligent and a good manipulator. He put up a facade of laziness but he dropped that in Hollow Bastion.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Demyx would say you shouldn’t judge anyone by appearance.

(Wouldn’t be surprised if Nomura decided to retroactively make that line foreshadowing tbh.) :p

I wouldn't be surprised at this point lol.

I still can't see it, but that's probably just because of the pixilation.

NrGvkW6.png

I'd also argue that Demyx has had some kind of pointed ears, but that may just be because of the graphics and polygons and whatnot.

Character11%20-%20Demyx.png

His ears look like they're going into that same rounded pointy bit at the top of his ear

0AOyP4o.png

I also wouldn't say Demyx isn't that bright. I'd say he is quite intelligent and a good manipulator. He put up a facade of laziness but he dropped that in Hollow Bastion.
tumblr_inline_pfad2sUI7h1r8nwrj_1280.png

I tried to make it clearer here but you can see no hint of his green anymore. They look very light yellow here to me.

And Demyx's ear shown in KH3 look a lot more pointy than his model in KH2 which just looked a bit pointy at best while KH3 Demyx definitely has pointy ears now.

I guess you could say Demyx could be smart when he's not being lazy or a slouch.

Edit: and his ingame KH2 model doesn't even seem like he has pointy ears at all.
maxresdefault.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't be surprised at this point lol.

tumblr_inline_pfad2sUI7h1r8nwrj_1280.png

I tried to make it clearer here but you can see no hint of his green anymore. They look very light yellow here to me.

And Demyx's ear shown in KH3 look a lot more pointy than his model in KH2 which just looked a bit pointy at best while KH3 Demyx definitely has pointy ears now.

I guess you could say Demyx could be smart when he's not being lazy or a slouch.
That is much clearer, thank you :)

i still find it odd that Vexen would have to tell Demyx the plan.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
That is much clearer, thank you :)

i still find it odd that Vexen would have to tell Demyx the plan.

No problem haha.

And I mean as I said while we could both come to an agreement that Demyx could be smart when he wants to, he's not incredibly smart and can be absent minded at times to fit his lazy nature so the brainy scientist Vexen has to explain things to him.

I just think we should just wait and see if we get more context into that conversation in a future trailer or wait for the game because I've kinda resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have much of what I thought I knew turned upside down. I'd rather just take what I see at face value from the trailers until proven wrong later on by more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back