• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

explanation for english aqua's voice, proof/footage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
i can't believe i didn't notice it before..

she totally has an accent.. well at least here..

this explains why she kinda sounds as if she has an accent in the english trailers.

we saw this in the trailers so don't call me out for putting spoilers cuz they're not

and omgod must i say, i saw a few gameplay vids in japanese and a few non-spoilery cutscenes of her, and i hate her voice ! its so girly ! and it changes all the time. like those fake japanese girls i know who change their voices around guys to like 3 octaves higher and shit..ugh -__-

i love her english voice.. it's deep/consistant/mature not all girly and shit.

EDIT: lol don't get me wrong, i love aqua and stuff. both jp/US idc what language she's still the same character.
but in the first trailers aqua's voice was deep/strong and she was my heroin for that. she was hot, kind, strong, bad ass, and DIDNT have a wimpy girly voice that i hear in every single female japanese voice everywhere i go[except family and real life.] she had a deep strong normal voice

but then the new trailers and stuff i heard, her voice.. it was ruined ! turned into another kairi/namine voice ! a little high pitched freaking voice ! UGH! so yeah.. -___- they freaking changed her voice in the JP one.. wtf..

well i hope the english one will stay consistent and deep.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I agree with this. Aqua's ENG VA is growing on me greatly and it sounds more mature and actually a little better than the JAP version. Although was it really necessairy to make another thread on it? You could've just posted this in the official BBS VA thread or something.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
eh i saw that video and was like "OMGOD MUST MAKE THREAD MAKE DEM HATERS SHUT THEIR TRAPS"

i guess i wasn't thinking. lol

but yeah, i noticed aqua kinda has a slight accent [both us and jp]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yay for more Aqua's voice love.

Seriously, I don't understand why people hate it. She's new to all of this, but they expect her to be a pro at voice acting. It's stupid.

The only time I can remember high-pitched JAP Aqua's voice is, and put into spoiler tags for safety even tough it was in a trailer, when she refused Zack's date proposal and that high-pitchness annoyed me sooo much.

I prefer Aqua's ENG voice soooo much over the JAP voice

Key to Truth

Awards
Do you really think Aqua's voice is high-pitched in that cutscene? Sounds pretty normal to me.
She is just speaking with surprise. English Aqua sounds pretty emotionless to me :/

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Do you really think Aqua's voice is high-pitched in that cutscene? Sounds pretty normal to me.
She is just speaking with surprise. English Aqua sounds pretty emotionless to me :/

How does she sound emotionless? The only line that was ever emotionless was "an unbreakable connection" but all of her other dialogue had plenty of emotion.
"Oh... um... is it alright if I try on the glass slipper?"
The way she says it is awkward due to the fact that it's an awkward situation. Aqua just appears out of nowhere in the middle of someone's house and she has to find someway to make the castle dude stay in the house. Obviously it'd be awkward to suddenly just flat-out say "can I try on the glass slipper?" after simply appearing out of nowhere.
"Look out!"
Nothing much to say. It just sounded like a normal "look out!" that anyone could give if someone was in danger.
"He's not as weak as you think"
There is a small bit of anger in that line but not enough to where it sounds like she's furious. There's also a slight touch of concern in the voice as well.
"Do you need help?"
A general asking for help... nothing much to say.
"Let me help you"
The voice hints at Aqua feeling as if she's trying to help a child tie his shoes. Just to the point where it sounds like she thinks Jaq was being slightly pathetic in his efforts but she'd help anyway.

See, I can sense emotion in all of her dialogue and her battle grunts except for "an unbreakable connection" Everything else sounded pretty solid.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah and she kinda sounds a little older than she should.

I think she sounds like a normal teenage girl. At least in the area I live, there are very few people around her age that actually sound that high. Imo, it's kinda like comparing Risa to Hayden or Alyson.

-_- Aqua is 19-20, you honestly think Willa makes her sound older than she should? The JAP voice makes her sound far too young!

I put her at 17-18, but anyways, I agree. I don't have anything against the voice Megumi gave Aqua, but it just had the obvious "adult trying to sound young" tone to it. Though I'm told that a lot of girls in Japan actually sound that high pitched.

Clarkie

Aqua's NA voice has been slowly growing on me, I LOVE her battle sounds.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
I think she sounds like a normal teenage girl. At least in the area I live, there are very few people around her age that actually sound that high. Imo, it's kinda like comparing Risa to Hayden or Alyson.

I put her at 17-18, but anyways, I agree. I don't have anything against the voice Megumi gave Aqua, but it just had the obvious "adult trying to sound young" tone to it. Though I'm told that a lot of girls in Japan actually sound that high pitched.
lol no. people always think "oh japanese girls are cute w/ high pitched voices they are blah ect"

lol if you have every met any REAL japanese americans here in the US, trust me, andhear them speak japanese, do not sound that high pitched. anime =/= real life.

sure, SOME[i mean the ones that try to act cute like weeaboos and shit] teens will try to act cute. but most normal average girls have a normal sounding voice. no high pitched nonsense.

ugh it frustrates me so much when everyone assumes japanese voices are like that just cuz of stupid media like anime and shit ! >~<

anyways

no, her only "high pitched " sentance wasn't THAT sentance that i poted in video.

her entire voice is high pitched, you can tell how fucking fake it sounds.

the japanese E3 trailer in the beginning, her voice is SO FUCKING HIGH. it sounds super girly and fake and annoying.

her entire voice is like that.

but before, her "normal " voice use to be deep ! like in the old old trailers

but now her "normal" voice is this super high pitched wannabee cute girl voice :\

i hate it so much ! her battle grunts as well ! they sound like she's trying to act cute or something ! >~>

she's suppose to sound strong and mature, the way her character is and shit but freaking seiyuu fucked it up -___-

anyways yeah NA voice sounds a lot better to me imo. it sounds like a normal 20 year old/19 year old voice.

if you think 19 year olds are suppose to sound like jp aqua's voice, then lol get your head out of your little anime/weeaboo world and go check out some real mature strong girls' voice.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Exactly. I mean, I've had a few friends growing up who happened to be Japanese, and their voices didn't sound anything like that. In fact, some of them were the deepest female voices amongst all my friends.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Exactly. I mean, I've had a few friends growing up who happened to be Japanese, and their voices didn't sound anything like that. In fact, some of them were the deepest female voices amongst all my friends.
yeah ! that's why when i first first heard aqua's voice [when it was deep] i was like "YES<3 FINALLY A DEEP SOUNDING FEMALE NOT PORTRAYED AS SOME WANNABE CUTE GIRL AHH OMG<3"

then i heard some new trailers.. "ugh wtf did they do to her voice? sounds fucking horrible ! NO! THEY FUCKING RUINED HER CHARACTER NOW ! WTFF -_-"

Allister Rose

French Lover
Aqua. you're jsut comparing the tone of voice. but just because english is lower doesn't mean it's stronger.

plus it's not consistent IMO. i don't hear the accent but then again i don't know japanese...

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I really like Eng. Aqua's voice, I think it has the right tone, even though her acting could be a bit better. I still have no idea where the hell the whole "Aqua TOTALLY has an accent thing" came from though.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Aqua. you're jsut comparing the tone of voice. but just because english is lower doesn't mean it's stronger.

plus it's not consistent IMO. i don't hear the accent but then again i don't know japanese...
okk, listen to the japanese version of the E3 trailer, in the beginning, you can also kinda hear her accent.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
okk, listen to the japanese version of the E3 trailer, in the beginning, you can also kinda hear her accent.

I... I still don't hear anything. I didn't know Japanese had british accents (That was what people were saying Willa had) anyways.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
There are more accents in the world than just british accents, you know.

Yes, i'm quite aware of that sky. Most people who said Willa had an accent, said it was a british accent, so I assumed that Aqua. was saying that Aqua's JP VA had a british accent of some sort.

zero123

I kinda like the japanese VA better. The english VA was ok, but in a few parts (from what we have seen already) her voice was kinda...meh?

(And I have met a few japanese women that had a high voice like that, though they were more like...16ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back